It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure tonight! Oh wait...It's just V.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagnar

Troll (Internet): "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion" Click Here

[edit on 3-11-2009 by lagnar]

thanks for that...i had no such intent. or even foresight that it would be taken as such.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Well then I humbly appologize for interpreting your post as trollish. Perception is a funny thing.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wow.. Can't we all get along?!
OP, this trailer has been posted before along with the first 8 minutes sneak peak. Along with that, plenty of discussions have been started involving
Wilcock, disclosure, Greer, V and so on.

I think what was being pointed out is that there is nothing being surmised or speculated that hasn't been discussed before in various threads. The comment about this simply being a commercial does ring some truth.

However ,while part of me agrees, the other part wishes to thank you for reminding me to set my DVR tonight.

No more finger pointing and name calling!!!!!!!!!
A lot of that going on lately.
Pea's Out!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

agreed.

and accepted.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like happy endings....

I predict more elaborate discussions this week about the show,
portrayals, symbolism and parallels to real life. See ya then.

Later guys.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Conditioning of Mankind

The California Milk Processor Board has been running a successful campaign featuring extraterrestrial craft abducting dairy cows. This campaign is in its second year and according to their publicity department has raised the profile and therefore sales of dairy products. This campaign even involves a role playing game with an alien coming to earth and avoiding capture.

A new advertising campaign features the Energizer Bunny who helps the occupants of a broken down flying saucer on the shoulder of the road. The bunny jumpstarts the craft and it raises off the ground and quickly disappears. Then, just as suddenly the craft reappears, and beams the bunny onboard the craft.

These two campaigns are examples of a process, that is slowly but surely, conditioning us to willingly accept an alien presence.

These promotions are part of a bombardment of messages that are meant to convince us that there is no alien threat. We are being conditioned just like Ivan Pavlov's dogs. But instead of our mouths salivating, we are being rewarded with a security blanket masquerading as knowledge, which relies on blind faith to keep us safe.

One way to ensure this security is to humanize the enemy by turning them into animated benign characters. These transformed and personified ETs are now non threatening with a diminished fear factor.

Source

While I don't necessarily agree with all the point that the author tries to make, I think he brings up a valid question. Are we being conditioned to accept alien life?

I think we are.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by xEphon]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

what's wrong with being conditioned to accept it?

if their are aliens out there, i'd want to accept them until they proved to be a negative force.

as i think a lot of people would.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Is somebody going to post the first episode of "V" onto YouTube?

Are we allowed to do that?

We can't get it in the UK, it's so unfair!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Watch the first 8 minutes now!
www.hulu.com...
I'm sure the rest will be available after airing.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by xEphon

sir i asked how this thread helped deny ignorance.

i asked a question.

dont be so defensive...you are the one that resorted to name calling...

because the two are heavily related?

if disclosure were to happen, the public would have to take on the right mentality, perhaps shows like these and "the fourth kind" are testing the waters before we dive in.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First of all V isnt the only show that is preparing us.

Knowing
The 4th Kind
District 9
Nike Football lizard man
Geico talking lizard
Energizer Bunny and UFO abduction
Larry King did a big blitz on the subject several times
Star Gate SG1
Star Gate Atlantis
Star Gate Universe
Battle Star Galactica
www.geckoproductions.tv...
SoBe drink
Sorry forgot a big one "All the star treks and Star Wars stuff"
I could go on...

For all those that see the numerology stuff 11:11 etc they came out with "23" with Jim Carey to squelch that phenomena

Lets just say our leaders behind the scenes cannot contain the subject any longer and will be using it to their advantage soon.

My opinion yes
My intuition..a definate yes

[edit on 3-11-2009 by superluminal11]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

Knowing
The 4th Kind
District 9
Nike Football lizard man
Geico talking lizard
Star Gate SG1
Star Gate Atlantis
Star Gate Universe
Battle Star Galactica
SoBe drink
I could go on...

Yes, you could go on. But then again, think about all the movies, TV show and other media that have absolutely nothing to do with aliens. Alien-related media is but a small percentage of the total entertainment media and seen by a small percentage of the total population. With the notable exception of Star Trek and Star Wars, the listed TV shows and movies are not nearly as popular as you think they are.

Do you think anyone simply tells a story anymore or that anything and everything remotely related to aliens is some sort of disclosure and the government preparing us for contact?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Oh nothing at all. I honestly think conditioning people to accept alien life would be the only responsible way handle disclosure. It's easy for many of us who are exposed to this sort of thing to say "come out with it already!" however, many people live very much dominated by anti-ET mechanisms. Without proper conditioning I'm not sure these types would be able to mentally handle what disclosure means to their being.

I know there are those that scoff at the idea that people are being conditioned in advance of disclosure, saying that the increase in ET type media is just good business, and I'm sure it is, but to me there seems to be much more going on than just dollars.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xEphon

Except for the fact the government rarely has such foresight. This is the same government that couldn't shore up the levees in New Orleans.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

Thanks for the link but it says the stream is only available in USA so still no good for us die hard V fans in the UK!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

You have to consider that there are different levels of government at work here. The stargate series is a great example imo about our past situation.

it's available on www.hulu.com...

[edit on 3-11-2009 by socrates271]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by superluminal11

Knowing
The 4th Kind
District 9
Nike Football lizard man
Geico talking lizard
Star Gate SG1
Star Gate Atlantis
Star Gate Universe
Battle Star Galactica
SoBe drink
I could go on...

Do you think anyone simply tells a story anymore or that anything and everything remotely related to aliens is some sort of disclosure and the government preparing us for contact?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

Some stories are so realistic that it's hard to pass off. The only things I do know is what I experience and I don't exactly meet an ET daily, yet some do, so it makes you wonder.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271
Some stories are so realistic that it's hard to pass off.

Writers, directors and producers pull from the same source material for inspiration that we use for the "truth". We are not privy to any special information; everything we discuss in within the public domain. These stories may seem realistic due to the talents of those telling the story; that is their job, to suspend your disbelief and force you to invest yourself within the story.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I liked the part on the new V series when all the ATS members meet in that old warehouse...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join