It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Bill would give Obama authority to to pull the plug on Internet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Senator jay Rockefeller can he be more blatantly aiming for tyranny? The man is insane. So incredibly blind in groupthink that he does realize that most people will say " Hell No" to this.

Honesty, the reason they always say " New World Order" they always let it slip because all their lives they've been surrounded by family and friends who say it like it's a common word. They also forget that everybody does know know their ideals and does not think like them.

People fight this tyranny.

CNET News has obtained a summary of a proposal from Senators Jay Rockefeller (D-W.V.) and Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) that would create an Office of the National Cybersecurity Advisor, part of the Executive Office of the President. That office would receive the power to disconnect, if it believes they’re at risk of a cyberattack, “critical” computer networks from the Internet.

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Pocky]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
A link providing further info would be nice.

But based on your quote, it seems as all it would do would give them the authority to unplug their systems from the internet if they felt those systems were at risk.

Not unplug the internet.

Nice fear mongering though.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thanks for editing your post and adding a link.

I'd expect nothing less than fear mongering from Alex Jones.

I've skimmed over the bill, and I haven't seen anything authorizing the President, or anyone else for that matter to pull the plug on anything. It basically creates a new position. And outlines the duties etc of that position. I'll post it here, if someone sees the part about "unplugging" the internet, or anything else for that matter that should cause concern please point it out for me.

I'm not saying those provisions do/do not exist, just that I haven't seen them.

Cyber security act of 2009

new topics

join