It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany: Iran threat to Israel is a threat to West

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

If this happened - it is bad. There are no excuses. I do not trust a lot of info coming out of Gaza, since media is just another front-line, but article sounds convincing. Still, nobody can claim that Israel targets children. Half of Gaza population are kids. So if Israel was targeting children/teens - it would be more then half of those killed in Gaza and it is not so. Of course ideally the number should be zero. Not hundreds. So i will accept that Israel uses too much force and some of our troops are too trigger happy. But not that there is an order to target children/teens.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Oh, of course there's no orders to target children / teens.

However there's no order not to target them, either. Israel's troops are famous for having very little discipline in combat.

Ironically, they're like a better-armed version of the Arabs that attacked them in 1967, that way. Individual soldiers doing pretty much what they want while their officers spend more time planning their summer vacations in the conquered territory and occasionally spouting off piss-poor religion.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Damn, after reading todays news you might not be so sure about call me dave being the rabidly anti-euro tory he wants you to think he is.

He is just as pro euro as the lib dems and nu-labour, its just not a vote winner for the majority of people in this country, so he had to tell lies to us to placate us. unfortunately he was hoping he could get his party in power before having to deal with this issue.

Dont trust this man, or his party.Even ukip seem to be a tory pressure valve party, they have one issue, europe.Its starting to look like nick griffins party may be the only hope for britain.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
For the 1st couple of posters, I didn't mean to go to war with them. Just to stop turning a blind eye. What the answer would be I don't know, but I believe that a lot of people will be blindsided if Ahmadinejad had his way.

First, there's no proof Israel has nuclear weapons, much less 300. I really don't doubt that they have some, but they're not the ones saying they're going to "wipe [insert nation here] off the map" often.

Here's some quotes from MA:

Ahmadinejad quoted a remark from Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini, the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, who said that Israel "must be wiped out from the map of the world."

The president then said: "And God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism," according to a quote published by IRNA [Islamic Republic News Agency].;

But Ahmadinejad said the "new wave of confrontations generated in Palestine and the growing turmoil in the Islamic world would in no time wipe Israel away," according to paraphrased statements in the IRNA report.;

Ahmadinejad is quoted as saying, "Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury."

CNN Source

Seems like he's threatened the Israel, US and ANYONE who stands by Israel, including Germany.

Here's another recent quote:

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday that as long as Israel was in possession of atomic weapons, Iran would not halt its nuclear program.

"When an illegal regime possesses nuclear weapons, the other countries' rights for peaceful nuclear energy can not be denied," the semi-official Iranian news agency ISNR quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

Haaretz quoting ISNR

Now, the uranium used in nuclear energy is not enriched near as well as the nuclear used for warheads. So how does his hauntiness of his "peaceful" nuclear energy apply to Israel having nuclear weapons? I tell ya what I think, he just admitted that he wants warhead enriched uranium. And Russia is the only one whom it seems that Iran will allow to enrich their fuel for them. Hmmmm, anything there?

More...

Israel and the United States will soon be destroyed, Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday during a meeting with Syria's foreign minister, the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) website said in a report. Iran's official FARS news agency also reported the comments.

"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad… assured that the United States and the Zionist regime of Israel will soon come to the end of their lives," the Iranian president was quoted as saying.

Sparking discord among Muslims, especially between the Shiites and Sunnis, is a plot hatched by the Zionists and the US for dominating regional nations and looting their resources," Ahmadinejad added, according to the report.

The Iranian president also directly tied events in Lebanon to a wider plan aimed at Israel's destruction. He called on "regional countries" to "support the Islamic resistance of the Lebanese people and strive to enhance solidarity and unity among the different Palestinian groups in a bid to pave the ground for the undermining of the Zionist regime whose demise is, of course, imminent."

Ahmadinejad has threatened the State of Israel with annihilation several times in recent months, and has recently added the US and Britain to the list of countries he says will be destroyed.

Sources quoted in article

Okay, that's enough quotes for now. How many times do you see the US/UK/Israel say they are going to end a nation in recent years?

These are direct threats. Couldn't be plainer what he wants.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
For the other posts...

There has never been a war fought that BOTH sides didn't do some atrocities. None. Zilch. Period.

It's a plain simple fact that the stresses of all the complexities of war can turn a simple hometown decent person into a nervous, volatile, explosive death machine. Even after the stresses of face to face combat, nightly patrol, etc., that danger still lives within you and very few people can overcome the edginess that has become as much a part of your physical being as one's own kidney, or even DNA.

So, these atrocities, though not excusable in any way, have and always will happen from the very first war millenia ago until millenia in the future. It is part of the dark side of human nature. It is a fact of war.

But when one country is blasted over and over again. They would be expected to escalate their response. And if that takes going in and destroying the house that the opposition leaders are headquartered, then so be it. I know the US armed forces would not put their families in way of danger like that, as I've said elsewhere, they would make sure they were far away out of harm's way.

And I don't completely trust all that the Palestinians state that Israel has done. Why no pictures, dated especially? If house after house after house were destroyed, 1000's a people killed, where's the evidence?

There are 2 sides to every story and every event. If I was to go visit a Palestinian family tomorrow, I would care as deeply for them as if they were family, as long as they were of honorable intentions. The same for the Israelis. One person, one event does not mean the WHOLE nation, faction, etc is that way. Don't judge based on one factor. One must look at every instance and determine from the facts.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by willow1d

"Whoever threatens Israel also threatens us,"

Yeah cause it was Germany who commited the genocide against those Zionests not Palestinians.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by breakingdradles

If this happened - it is bad. There are no excuses. I do not trust a lot of info coming out of Gaza, since media is just another front-line, but article sounds convincing. Still, nobody can claim that Israel targets children. Half of Gaza population are kids. So if Israel was targeting children/teens - it would be more then half of those killed in Gaza and it is not so. Of course ideally the number should be zero. Not hundreds. So i will accept that Israel uses too much force and some of our troops are too trigger happy. But not that there is an order to target children/teens.

I bet there is not a law to not target children!
You know like the Bolsheviks took out the Tars kids cold blooded.
Over half that night were kids.
Why is Germany not aware of this? They dealt with the Marxists.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

What the hell does this have to do with Iran?
Are you saying you support Iran because they are the least aggressive and have committed such a small number of atrocities compared to Israel? That does make sense.
Not to mention the kidneys you speak of. Seems like a lot of them come out of New York City.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

My post above is a reply to a post by willow just above that
Addressing Iran

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million

What the hell does this have to do with Iran?
Are you saying you support Iran because they are the least aggressive and have committed such a small number of atrocities compared to Israel? That does make sense.
Not to mention the kidneys you speak of. Seems like a lot of them come out of New York City.

I'm not too sure which you're referring to since you didn't shorten your quote of me. But I'm guessing you're talking about the one in which I was talking abt the atrocities of war.

Ahmadinejad is constantly talking about how Israel is beating up on the Palestinians. That is the excuse that they use in tormenting Israel. And I was just responding to those who were accusing the Israelis of war crimes. There's a couple of tangents here and that was one I wanted to address.

And I wasn't talking about "kidneys" per se. I could have said a leg. To clarify it for you...I was talking about the bad stuff that those who have been in war feel. It's deeply ingrained.....uh, I mean to say, it has become such a part of them that they can't separate it from their own self.

Now if you're talking abt that Swede, then haven't ya heard....that's an urban legend. I thought everyone knew that by now. Here's an article from a Sweden news site themselves:

Aftonbladet's organ harvesting allegations are ludicrous from a medical perspective, writes Andrea Meyerhoff MD, Associate Professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, who also argues that Sweden missed an opportunity to "reject anti-Semitism and reaffirm principles of good journalism."

•Italy: EU should condemn Aftonbladet article (31 Aug 09)
•'Cyncism prevails for vote-hungry officials in Sweden and Israel' (28 Aug 09)
•Sweden's free speech tradition draws Israeli ire (27 Aug 09)

The saga of the Aftonbladet article -- an allegation in a Swedish tabloid that Israeli soldiers steal the organs of Palestinian teenagers -- caught me right between the eyes. I’m an American doctor. I’m Jewish; I have Swedish roots. In the supermarket I pick the longest line so I can catch up on the tabloids while I wait.

I read the English translation of this article (‘Our sons are plundered of their organs’ Aftonbladet 8/26/09, original in Swedish 8/17/09). It’s a hoot. Rambling and disjointed, it’s rife with irrelevant statistics and unproven statements, not unlike a recent favourite of mine in the Weekly World News, ‘Dick Cheney Abducted by Aliens.’ That one had photos too.

read more...

As for the Iranian government not doing any atrocities, look at what they did to the people during the elections. And that's THEIR own people. That's just the latest. No, we don't see a lot coming out of Iran and that's because of the media blocks there. Just 'cause there's an absence of news, doesn't it mean it's not happening.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by willow1d]

[edit on 11/5/2009 by willow1d]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by sos37

Still not a factual statement, since the Mullahs and Ayatollahs of Iran have never initiated a war against anyone. Unless you want to count their ill-advised counter-invasion of Iraq in the 80's, Even that was justifiable as it was pretty clear that Iraq wasn't going to stop attacking Iran after getting pushed out of Iran's borders.

One could argue that they're a threat to their fellow Iranians, I suppose.

But the world? Or even one country or another in the world? Ludicrous. Of course, I can't you to exactly be ingormed about iran beyond what Fox News or MEMRI might tell you.

How about all those missiles fired from South Lebanon, Syria and the PLO killing innocent Israeli's , and the bombs used by Hezbollah, Hamas Islamic Jihad, all the material and funds comes from Iran..
And about the 80's war with Iraq, sending your own children into minefields, hey thats worth a kudo isnt it
but please people go on and bash Israel, its all you can do...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by willow1d

Thanks for your honest answer.
But in all fairness let's stick to Germany, Iran and Israel.
Of the three Iran is the least guilty of any TRUE AGGRESSION.
Sure puffing up and attempting to maintain national unity can be seen as needing a slap on the wrist.
Actions speak louder than words and both of the other two is way, way far more guilty of TRUE AGGRESSION, Period.
And BTW I do not attribute any of the brutalities to the people of any of these countries. Just their Governments or the infiltrators of those governments.
I think you have a vision of harmony. I actually do to.
That can't happen without honest discussion. Thanks for yours.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join