If the ID people want their "theory" to be accepted by the scientific and scholarly world, then here are the things you people need to do:
1) First, show conclusive evidence that your god/goddess/deity or deities exists. By this I do not mean a "holy" text, or saying "just look at the
complexity of nature, god must exist!" or any such nonsense. If your deity/deities are real and still exists, as you people claim, then show
conclusive proof this is true. Remember, the fallacy of appeal to ignorance is stating that evidence of absence means something is true. (example:
there are no records of rape in the wild west, therefore rape never occurred in the wild west. No one has any evidence of ghosts, therefore ghost
2) Formulate a testable hypothesis that can be recreated by other individuals and scientists. make an experiment in which the deity creates a cat from
thin air. observe for evidence of this in a controlled laboratory and the outside world.
3) look for evidence to back up the theory. find real cases of the deity forming a complex organism from thin air without having to use the process of
evolution in a matter of minutes.
4) peer-review. the people must look for a way to disprove the theory. Demonstrate that there is no enough proof to accept the theory or that the
theory needs more proof. Strengthen the theory until it becomes a much stronger theory than the theory of evolution.
5) theory in science is a collection of facts, concepts, observations, data, models, ideas, etc. they are NOT gospel. the theory of evolution could be
replaced if enough evidence is shown to demonstrate it is not an adequate way to explain the natural world. for now it is the most versatile way to
explain the existence of all our current life forms on Earth and why they have similarities. this theory of evolution, as well as all the other
theories in science, are our best way to explain the world around us and are treated as true until new evidence comes to light.
So, to conclude, if you Intelligent Design supporters are serious in wanting to make your theory replace evolution in Biology classes, then take the
steps above. I assure you that if you people manage to accomplish this task you will revolutionize the scientific and academic world.
Your first step is to demonstrate your deity exists. Good luck getting through the first step, because I seriously doubt you will all be successful