It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-semetic, are they right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
are anti-semetics right to hate jews for killing christ?
im not a christian myself but the anti-semetics are right that the jews betrayed christ and got him killed?
Its a long time to hold a grudge but i wanted to know your feelings about this subject.I hope i dont get into trouble for writing about this sensitive subject and i dont mean to offend anyone.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That is like saying all black individuals should hate me because his ancestors were made slaves by mine. Every individual should be judged on their actions and not the actions of someone that they had never even met.

I have some German in me, should Jewish people hate me?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Any prejudgement of an individual, for any reason, race, language, sexual orientation,etc., is wrong and diminishes the person that does it.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Why is the term 'anti-semetic' seemingly used exclusively for Jewish people, when they are far from the only semetic peoples?

You rarely, if ever, hear someone who is racist towards Arabs in general referred to as anti-semetic. At least I haven't...

Feel free to show me otherwise. =)

(edited for spelling)

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Personal opinion: Anyone who hates any human being for an action not performed by that human being is of equal intelligence to the gum that got stuck to my shoe on the way to work this morning.

That said I think this was covered extensively here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
From what I have read, the ones who insisted that Christ was crucified were the Jewish Authorities - not the 'man/woman in the street'. They are all long dead. Blaming contemporary Jews for the actions of a few of their 'ancestors' two thousand years ago is utterly ridiculous.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
From what I have read, the ones who insisted that Christ was crucified were the Jewish Authorities - not the 'man/woman in the street'.

Pisky - Thank You!!!!!
Finally, someone who knows of what they speak! It was not the Jews who killed Christ! It was each and every one of us who did that! We are all sinners - it was because of our sin that Jesus died! If we want to relieve that suffering, the answer is simple. Live according to the Gospel!!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Live according to the Gospel!!

Unfortunately unintelligent people do not. I think anyone who has studied history knows that some of the more prominent jews of the time were rabidly against Jesus primarily because his message conflicted with theirs and he was gaining influence. The Romans who were clearly in control of the region were involved as well. If the high priest of the jews Caiphas and Pilate were involved, then blame the two of them. What kind of peanut sized brain does one have to have to decide that this means every jew ever to be born is to blame for the death of Jesus.

The fact that brainless people can take the message of a man who as far as I have read had promoted peace and kindness his whole life and pervert it like that is disgraceful to all.

Trust me, don't worry about who's fault it was. Worry about where the people who use Jesus as an excuse to hate others are going. Kinda hot...

[Edited on 5-20-2004 by Djarums]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Salaam All,

God never let any harm come to Abraham and Moses (pbut), so what makes Jesus (pbuh) any different??

Salaam

Guerilla

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guerilla
Salaam All,

God never let any harm come to Abraham and Moses (pbut), so what makes Jesus (pbuh) any different??

Salaam

Guerilla

God did not let harm come to Abraham and Moses but He did use them to fulfill their destinies, the roles that He had planned for them. Though Christ was harmed, that was His destiny, the very reason for Him coming to Earth. Christ's message of peace and love is an important legacy, but for believers, Christ's sacrifice is far more valuble than His message.

So to the point of the original post: No one is to "blame" for Christ's crucifixtion. The events of day were planned out prior to any of the mortals involved even being born. To hate any group: Jews, Romans based upon that fact that Christ was crucified is ridiculous.

That's just the way I see things. Take it as you will.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The death of Christ is not the fault of the Jews. READ THE BIBLE!!! True it was predicted Jesus Christ would be rejected by his own people and suffer many things by MAN (not just the Jews) Jesus died for the sins of EVERYONE and it was his destiny.

Interestingly enough Jesus's death and reserection is only 50% of his destiny..or maybe 35%...the rest is still to come.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Why would anyone alive today be responcible for the death of christ 2000 years ago?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
As referenced above by Djarums, this has been covered, extensively.
Any further comments to this need to be directed to this thread:
Should the Jews Apologize?

Thread Closed

seekerof

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Seekerof]

top topics

join