It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi court upholds child rapist crucifixion ruling

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What's the point of maiming a corpse? Why crucify after beheading?

It's just symbolic and not really punishing anyone.

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
But I bet your country has abortion doesnt it? How can abortion be right and the death pentalty be wrong.

Both are controversial issues. Access to abortion is right in many cases depending on whom you ask.

For example Catholics believe personhood from conception, so they see emergency contraception as bad as a surgical abortion. How can emergency contraception be right and the death penalty wrong? Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The focus on the spectacle IS the means of deterrence. paedophilia is one of THE ONLY crimes that has a 1 in 3 chances of repeating by an offender. Even with counseling. And I take exception to those claiming the moral high ground by claiming that executing these defective and heinous individuals is some sort of blight on our humanity, or somehow makes us savages. Umm no. What makes us savages is the repeated and ever growing acceptance of this practice ( NAMBLA anyone?). Marrying, touching, having sex with, or sexualizing children is WRONG. PERIOD. The mental and soemtimes physical problems the occur because of action will haunt a victim for the rest of thier lives. So we should just talk to the offender and make them see the error of thier ways? Crack addicts, thieves, habitual traffic offenders, YES. Sexual offenders against children....no.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I don't think there would be anyone to disagree with you that child rape is wrong. It is true that this man was convicted for acts of such horror and such depravity that it seems debatable that any part of him is human.

But is it right to as the saying goes, take an eye for an eye? This man is a monster, should humans stoop to the same level in order to exact retribution?

Is this man's lack of humanity reason enough to loose ours?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

You don't seem to have understood many of the perfectly sane and logical arguments in this thread. I wonder if some people even read the thread at all... as opposed to just reading the title, and slamming REPLY as quick as they can.

No one EVER said sexualizing kids is ok. I find it sick that you'd even sarcastically joke that that's what people here are saying.

Most have agreed, a piece of human waste like this needs to die. You just misunderstand that, apparently, they refer to HOW 'justice' is carried out.

There has been a lot of hypocrisy on this thread about how much some here seem to love and worship other peoples' children... While at the same time wishing for these same children to witness a human being dissected alive before being boiled in acid and having genitals mutilated.
Do you really think a kid needs to grow up in a society where they'd be exposed to violence that's been banned in civilized countries for many years now??

Good luck with that, keep your violence away from MY kid.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Fair enough question...but to me the answer is yes. I think alot of people underestimate the power of the crime on it's victims. Do the victims cease to be ? No. Sexual activity is extremely psycholgical even to adults. Imagine the imprint that leaves on someone who is too young to understand the act. Most child molesters, aside from the orgasmic reward, have an infatuation with young victims because of thier innocence and naivete. So in essence one could label them "predators".

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So now I didn't read the thread because I was responding to what I percieve as an underlying message in opposing posts? To address your and some of the other posts on THIS aspect of the topic: In my opinion and experience, your form of justice enables this crime to continue. So to be honest, keep YOUR ideas away from MY child.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

So you believe it's ok for us to decapitate then crucify this individual for the insane and depraved acts he preformed on children?

So it's ok for other children to see the mutilated corpse of this heinous individual as what, a learning lesson for them? As obviously this is no deterrent to others to commit such horrid acts of depravity. What is the point in mutilating a dead body and putting it on display in order to traumatize others?

aren't the children that will see this grotesque macabre scene going to be traumatized by the visual of an actual human corpse on display?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Thank you djvexd!!! You have inspired my SECOND revelation in as many days.

It is not modern society (public schools, rap music, video games) that is making children completely disrespectful and desensitized to violence against others. It is simply parents teaching down from one generation to the next that it is OK to brutalize humans as long as you believe they deserve it.

And, I am also going to assume, parents expose their young ones to this violence.... Probably explaining that any violence can be justified as long as long as you consider it 'revenge'.

Thanks again, djvexd, I have been trying to pinpoint the breakdown of society for a while now.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

As humans we have more of a coping mechanism internally to deal with violence, even as children. Now I do agree that putting a mutilated corpse on display with no primer or education as to why such an act was done, is not right and is, in my mind the only sticking point. There are parents that would not take the time to explain or even abuse the spectacle. But the spectacle is not always for the children, it is mainly for the adults. And by the time a person is old enough to completely digest and understand it, it will be apparent.As a matter of fact I would even go so far as the children being steered away from it. I have never advocated bringing your kids to a public execution and dismemberment.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

"Punish if you must but do it humanely and with dignity people. "

The same way this monster killed those children? With dignity?

I think not. Perhaps it's easy for me to imagine what I would do to a man like this as I was a victim once myself. You say you also have kids, 5 wasn't it? If a monster like this man had hurt or worse one of your kids, can you not say your rage would boil over and consume you? Forgive someone like that? Never. Like I said, I would have no problem "stooping" to this monsters level to exact justice. If he took my only child away, what else would I have to lose?

First my friend I am sorry that you once suffered being a victim of rape/and or mollestation.

Second my number one job as a Man, and a Husband and as a Father is to keep MY family safe and secure.

Should I ever fail to keep MY family safe and secure I will place the blame right where it belongs on MY shoulders.

It has not always been easy keeping MY family safe and secure, in fact it's a 24/7 ongoing challenge that never ends.

That is though the choice I made when I took a wife and CHOSE to bring children into this world.

I have a responsiblity and should I fail in that responsibility it is I who would rightly deserve to be punished for failing to live up to that responsibility.

Lashing out at others for MY failure in the regard would not undo MY failure our undo any suffering caused by MY failure. Nor would it make me feel any better for at the end of the day in the still of the night when confronting the MAN in the MIRROR, there would be no way to LIE about MY failure to myself.

Someone failed to keep these children safe friend, and that is in a very real way ALL of OUR failures to create a better society where people are kept safe and secure in their persons at ALL TIMES.

That becomes much more challenging when ever people are predisposed to think VIOLENCE is the answer for it just breeds a culture of violence which in the end we are ALL victims too.

So far I have not failed in my responsibilities to keep my wife and children safe and secure. (knock on wood).

I hope I never do, but rather than dream and transfer those dreams in violent and sadistic ways to appease the inner fear of what drives me 24/7 to keep my family safe and secure I prefer to focus on keeping my family safe in secure in part by constantly advocating for peace and TO STOP CRUEL VIOLENCE every where and every place it exists because in the end my friend that is the ONLY thing that is ever going to make ALL people safe and secure.

Are YOU part of the PROBLEM or are YOU part of the SOLUTION.

Your mind will answer those questions much better than your heart.

We are all victims friend of a world full of indifference violence, greed and war.

This occurences is a manifestation of that and you won't eliminate these things with more violence.

Violence only begets violence and while the world struggles with this very simple and basic notion and violently agrues over it, what you have is what you get a whole lot of violence with out end.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Never at any point in time have I seen ANYONE in this thread say that the accused does not deserve punishment. To indicate thus is disgraceful and an example of deflection.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Look I understand where you are coming from and your message. I do, I really do. However that being said, humans learn from trial,error and punishment. Me and you may disagree about what form of punishment is needed in a certain case. But I think we can both agree that ANY crime against a child is one that requires the worst punishment. My version of extreme maybe a little more than yours, buit hopefully we can both agree that this particular crime requires a punishment and one that will induce a deterrence to those that might commit it. That is the nature of the justice system. It not supposed to simply punish but is also to act as a deterrence to others that may choose to follow the same path. Why does the U.S. have so many child sexual offenders? Because of our lax laws. We have judges slapping wrists of predators because they feel that this isn't really a violent crime. Yes it is. And should be treated as such.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

So kids have a great coping mechanism to deal with seeing violence and dismembered bodies.

I will let you in a secret..... Children CRY when they see a dead cat. They get SCARED of violent movies.

Do you know why kids have such a reaction to these things??

Children from a young age, learn to empathize with anything and everything. They learn to put themselves into someone else's shoes, and imagine it being done to THEM!!! (at least until they are further desensitized....)

I do not see ANY reason young kids should see blood, guts, death and mutilation. You know why?
Even if you explain to your kid that this guy was dissected alive because he deserved it, they will still be horrified. Probably for a long time. Not to mention, plenty of adults don't want to see it either, just because you thought 'revenge' called for such a thing to happen.

I don't think this junk has any place in society.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I can agree. Someone who rapes or murders another human being should be punished harshly. We have methods to accomplish such punishment, out of view of us, and kids.....

Showing public mutilation will not deter anyone. It will simply hurt kids more.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

With all due respect it is the ( once again) underlying message of those whom don't beleive that the most serious punishment for sexual predators. It is the message that we shouldn't deal with people whom commit this crime with such a heavy hand, that allow and tolerate groups and organizations that advocate this kind of behavior ( Once again NAMBLA). If this behavior is so looked down upon why is this entity allowed to be an actual named entity in recognition by the public?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I never said kids have a "great" coping mechanism. I said they have more of a coping mechanism for violence than they do something of this nature.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by Kryties

With all due respect it is the ( once again) underlying message of those whom don't beleive that the most serious punishment for sexual predators. It is the message that we shouldn't deal with people whom commit this crime with such a heavy hand, that allow and tolerate groups and organizations that advocate this kind of behavior ( Once again NAMBLA). If this behavior is so looked down upon why is this entity allowed to be an actual named entity in recognition by the public?

Actually, all you are saying is that, in your opinion, anyone who doesn't agree with executing the accused is actually advocating that children be exposed to sexual predators and sexual behaviour. NOBODY has said this, nor has anybody even ALLUDED to it so in actuality it is only YOU saying this, and you are very much wrong and somewhat offensive.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have 3 granddaughters 10, 4 and 2. I do know that if anyone were to do anything to harm them, I can think of so many ways besides what is mentioned in the OP to wreak havoc on that person(s) that it makes me ashamed. That being said, I can't help but wonder if perhaps a better way to handle anyone who molests a child is to simply castrate and then lock them away until all thoughts of such things have long since faded away from memory. Many of these are repeat offenders after all and that should fix them.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

How can you not understand that the lack of severe punishment, up to and including death, does not enable this behavior? And on the by, I was not attempting to offend you or anyone. That being said if you took offense to what I said, that's good , it is sparking thought about my point. I know you and the rest of the people responding to this thread bare no ill will ( i hope) towards children and want to see justice prevail in those cases. However it is my beleif that the ever ratcheting down of consequences for these actions is enabling predators. And by the way, you didn't address my point about NAMBLA.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

To your point, castration, yes. However not all sex offenders are men. Also the mind is the the major component here and is why alot of people advocate counseling and mental help. The mind is the driving force behind sexual activity and the culprit behind commiting to do these deeds. And , yes , SOME can be helped through this mehtod. But alot cannot. Alot were abused as kids and feel it is a form of empowerment of past crimes.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join