It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi court upholds child rapist crucifixion ruling

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by sos37

Beheading is not a swift and painless process.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want the full gruesome REAL experience of what it looks like for someone to be beheaded, check out that link.

I think this species needs to evolve.

Not often I agree with you my anti-Birther friend but sadly most of the particpants to this thread have significantly added to their karmic debt and in some cases have added multiple additional lifetimes on this planet just on this thread alone.

That judge not lest you be judged seems to trip up most of them.

It's the darndest thing!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

If the headsman's axe or sword was sharp and his aim was true, decapitation was quick and was presumed to be a relatively painless form of death. If the instrument was blunt or the executioner clumsy, however, multiple strokes might be required to sever the head. The person to be executed was therefore advised to give a gold coin to the headsman so that he did his job with care. Robert Devereux, 2nd Earl of Essex and Mary, Queen of Scots required three strikes at their respective executions. Margaret Pole, 8th Countess of Salisbury required ten strokes before the fatal blow.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is it possible? The aforementioned Dr. Fink believed the brain might remain conscious as long as 15 seconds; that's how long cardiac arrest victims last before blacking out. (Dr. Fink's colleague put the window of awareness at 5 seconds.) He also pointed out that people have remained alert after having had their spinal cords severed. Still, this didn't seem like the sort of question that could ever be resolved.

Then I received a note from a U.S. Army veteran who had been stationed in Korea. In June 1989 the taxi he and a friend were riding in collided with a truck. My correspondent was pinned in the wreckage. The friend was decapitated. Here's what happened:

My friend's head came to rest face up, and (from my angle) upside-down. As I watched, his mouth opened and closed no less than two times. The facial expressions he displayed were first of shock or confusion, followed by terror or grief. I cannot exaggerate and say that he was looking all around, but he did display ocular movement in that his eyes moved from me, to his body, and back to me. He had direct eye contact with me when his eyes took on a hazy, absent expression … and he was dead.

I've spoken with the author and am satisfied the event occurred as described. One can of course never be certain that anyone in this predicament is aware of his surroundings and realizes (briefly) what has happened to him. But I concede the possibility that he might.

www.straightdope.com...

Even happening instantly it's not something I would wish on anyone.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Yeah I've seen many videos of both the Terrorist slowly sawing off a head with a large kitchen knife and the State executions with a quick lopping off of the head. The Executions are swift and quick.

Edit to ADD: I did a paper on it for school a long time ago. It's more humane than a hanging or the gas chamber or the electric chair.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
D pot

[edit on 3-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

But the fact remains that beheading is a gruesome and despicable barbaric act. I think humans need to really grow up about what we do to each other. Now the rapist? Yes, chemical castration, or hell, real castration maybe. Along with a long jail sentence. Or if you are going to kill the person. Do so in a means that is at least humane.

I'm aghast at people that are condoning Sharia law.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
People are actually ADVOCATING this? Jeez, I mean I don't like pedophiles either, but my god, they are not Satan, lol. Sometimes I think it's 1009, not 2009...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It took me perhaps 30 years to come to peace with myself on how I feel about the death penalty. In the end, I agree with you and what you are saying. You have stated it well.

In my mind there are people we must deal with that are not being dealt with correctly in the system in the US. Mostly due to mistaken idea that all criminals can be rehabilitated and the constant intervention of the ACLU which as we all know has even represented NAMBLA.

We must accept that certain individuals must be separated from normal society permanently. For them there can be no parole, no rehab, no freedom as they pose to great a risk.

I also accept that there is a dysfunctional brain at the heart of this.

Considering all this, I'm now of the mind that these people must be contained in an institution for their entire lives without thought of releasing them ever. They should be treated humanely so we cannot as a society be a part of committing one atrocity to ease our minds about another.

To me a life without freedom or pleasures is the worst possible punishment. Death is the easy way out and it lessens us as humans to even consider it as a punishment. In the worst cases life alone in a tiny cell should be the ultimate punishment. Nothing but themselves in a tiny space with no other diversions for a lifetime would be appropriate.

It won't happen though because of the power of a tiny minority of bleeding hearts who apologize for everyone from Terrorists to Child Rapists and the bizarre activities of the crazed activists at the ACLU. How often do we as a society suffer because of people completely out of touch with reality having such powerful voices. If the majority view held any weight anymore, many or our problems would go away overnight.

The taking of a life should only happen as a result of self defense or in war defending ourselves, others or society. Never should it happen as a punishment or even at the hands of an MD but I'll leave that alone.

The idea of how it is done in the Muslim Culture combined with the other acts they embrace like the stoning to death of women for immorality reveals much about how they can so cavalierly devolve to the point they join Terrorists or strap a bomb to their own children. They need to reconsider the harm they do to themselves while trying to administer justice based on idea's that should have been left behind in the Dark Ages. The Muslims I know here would agree with me and I'm comfortable in saying this.

I asked a Palestinian friend once if he would like to return to his home and he said, "Hell no, they are nuts over there". I asked my business partner who is Jewish if he would like to live in Israel. He looked at me funny and said, "I spent two years there in school and those people are nuts for living there. I'll never go back.".

It is not our place to dictate to other countries and cultures how they should live, but it is about time their own citizens rose up and took control of their lives and said enough of this, I will take no more! It's only a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

It took me perhaps 30 years to come to peace with myself on how I feel about the death penalty. In the end, I agree with you and what you are saying. You have stated it well.

In my mind there are people we must deal with that are not being dealt with correctly in the system in the US. Mostly due to mistaken idea that all criminals can be rehabilitated and the constant intervention of the ACLU which as we all know has even represented NAMBLA.

We must accept that certain individuals must be separated from normal society permanently. For them there can be no parole, no rehab, no freedom as they pose to great a risk.

I also accept that there is a dysfunctional brain at the heart of this.

Considering all this, I'm now of the mind that these people must be contained in an institution for their entire lives without thought of releasing them ever. They should be treated humanely so we cannot as a society be a part of committing one atrocity to ease our minds about another.

To me a life without freedom or pleasures is the worst possible punishment. Death is the easy way out and it lessens us as humans to even consider it as a punishment. In the worst cases life alone in a tiny cell should be the ultimate punishment. Nothing but themselves in a tiny space with no other diversions for a lifetime would be appropriate.

It won't happen though because of the power of a tiny minority of bleeding hearts who apologize for everyone from Terrorists to Child Rapists and the bizarre activities of the crazed activists at the ACLU. How often do we as a society suffer because of people completely out of touch with reality having such powerful voices. If the majority view held any weight anymore, many or our problems would go away overnight.

The taking of a life should only happen as a result of self defense or in war defending ourselves, others or society. Never should it happen as a punishment or even at the hands of an MD but I'll leave that alone.

The idea of how it is done in the Muslim Culture combined with the other acts they embrace like the stoning to death of women for immorality reveals much about how they can so cavalierly devolve to the point they join Terrorists or strap a bomb to their own children. They need to reconsider the harm they do to themselves while trying to administer justice based on idea's that should have been left behind in the Dark Ages. The Muslims I know here would agree with me and I'm comfortable in saying this.

I asked a Palestinian friend once if he would like to return to his home and he said, "Hell no, they are nuts over there". I asked my business partner who is Jewish if he would like to live in Israel. He looked at me funny and said, "I spent two years there in school and those people are nuts for living there. I'll never go back.".

It is not our place to dictate to other countries and cultures how they should live, but it is about time their own citizens rose up and took control of their lives and said enough of this, I will take no more! It's only a matter of time.

Is punishment for the sake of suffering for suffering even worth it though? I mean isn't it just caused more suffering in the end? I think you should stop them from doing crime and it that means making them suffer, so be it, but there's no reason to deprive them of sunlight etc if you don't have to.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Speaking of Israel, Israeli Scientists recently claimed that they have discovered the center of consciousness in the brain.

If this is true it will only be a matter of time until the Human Brain can be controlled through a micro-chip implant and wireless transmitter.

Though a frightening future in some aspects I think it would be technologically possible at some point in the near future to reprogram the human brain, wipe it's memory clean or even override it from a remote location.

In science fiction shows like Babylon 5 they would mind wipe such a criminal wiping out all of his memories which created the matrix for their behavior and reeducating them in a peaceful environment like a Monestary amongst monks etc.

I am honestly torn between Lobotomy and life in prison for such offenders.

I don't think it behoves us a race to kill one another under any circumstances and as long as the states sponsor it as punishment or through war we are going to remain a violent people.

Costa Rica has no Standing Army no one attacks them. Why? What's the point? It's like a grown man beating up a little defenseless child, a nice child that bothers no one!

Incarceration should be humane in my humble opinion. It should be exclusion from main stream society. Australia was a good idea as a penal colony. Who freed those people by the way?

All in all I agree with you Blaine, if we can't be better people than those we consider bad people, in how we react to bad people, ultimately they are lowering us to their standards.

Though it might punish them it deminishes us all in the process and only reinforces most of what's bad in the world and does nothing to eliminate it.

I want to believe education and discourse is the key to a better world, not hatred, violence and intollerance.

Not always popular but I sleep well at night.

Thanks for responding friend.

[edit on 3/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Australia was a good idea as a penal colony. Who freed those people by the way?

Tsk Tsk, I hope you jest, Or you may get alot of angry Aussies coming here soon.

Most people were in fact poor, and sent out for stealing bread to feed their families, It was not a majority of hardened criminals.
Most incacerations were unjust. Also by implyng they shouldnt be freed is implyng next generations were to be enslaved also?
Penal was for the purpose of slave labour to build a colony, not to export criminals, it was a economic motive.
They didnt want freemen to start with, or they would lose it like they lost America.

A penal prison, maybe a solution, a Penal Colony, is just a slave colony.

BTW I IZ A ZAZZY OZZZY Proto, and I dont have a drop of convict blood in me

[edit on 3-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Thank you so much zazzafrazz for defending the history of the Good people of Australia!

Thank you also for mentioning that many of them didn't belong there!

Thank you also for mentioning that many of them were forced through lack of poor circumstance to commit petty crimes because of an unjust society that believes in profiting off of scarcity and not providing everyone with the full bounty the planet actually yields...

Which leads me to my main concern with this thread.

This is not alternative conspiracy news!

Yet there is a conspiracy, a conspiracy as dark and deep and sinister as ever there could be.

Most of the people reacting so virulently to this thread are doing so for one simple reason.

It’s not because they have the stomach to castrate someone with a rusty old butter knife as some have been known to post or even could if presented with the rusty old butter knife and a victim for it and permission to do it.

They are reacting with so much vitriol because they are frustrated with economic and world events. They are frightened they are unsure, they don’t know what lies ahead in a world spinning out of their control and their ability to rationalize the scarcity and the suffering and the uncertainty that greets them every waking second of every day.

So when the powers that be feed them a bone to sink their teeth into the frustrations cause them do so with animalistic glee and abandon without even first thinking. They just let all that pent up frustration and anger and fear that they have for so many other things come rushing and bubbling out.

Off with his head, crucify him, castrate him first, feed it to the dogs, draw and quarter him, but wait keel haul him first, no, no glue his eyes open!

Good gracious!

So they vent and they feed and then preen and they posture and somehow, someway, this eases the notion of maybe directing those very real feelings of fear, uncertainty and anger at how their world is being run and the lack of overall justice to emotionally imagining there is real justice in such an outpouring.

Meanwhile like the good little lab rats we are, in some dark room some statistician logs the different personalities, the different reactions, gauging the numbers, compiling and analyzing the psychologies and modalities involved to gauge the effectiveness of the bone we have been tossed for the Powers that Be.

Not that the Powers that Be care about justice, or the victim, or the citizens as they could care less. Yet rather because they care how its best to divide and conquer us and what does and what makes our blood boil and divides us so they can serve up bone after bone after bone while they run a world on purpose…

Where you can end up consigned to Australia for slave labor for stealing a loaf of bread.

Think people, don’t react, learn to respond.

Learn that ultimately they are simply trying to condition you to accept crucifixions and barbarity as a means to enjoy your scarcity and keep you embroiled in it.

News flash ATS is a conspiracy site, if you aren’t looking for the conspiracy what the heck are you doing on it?

Big star for you!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Incarceration should be humane in my humble opinion. It should be exclusion from main stream society. Australia was a good idea as a penal colony. Who freed those people by the way?

Excuse me

Kind of a stupid thing to say considering you dont even live here

[edit on 3/11/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Might want to read where I was going with that friend. (see post above)

Thanks for proving my point about how frustrations just come spilling out at the drop of a dime, and how these issues are used to divide and conquer us.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Not sure what your post is saying?
Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not

You made a slightly inflamatory comment about OZ. I responded quite calmly and slightly in jest. I pointed out the bad points to a penal colony as a form of punishment for incaceration of peodophiles as from history we see it is just a lie told to enslave people, then stated that a penal prison could be a different possibilty.
Anyhooo
Later.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Not being sarcastic at all. I starred your post and thanked you for elaborating some important things about Australlia.

Cheif amongst them how some times what seems like a crime isn't such a crime as it is made out to be.

That news stories that offer up the potential for a huge emotional reaction are in large part constantly fed to us to make people angry and think emotionally.

That the Powers that be have a reason for doing that as it distracts us and turns us against one another and causes us to argue over little things instead of doing something about the big things in the world.

Further that I was in fact hoping someone just like you would tell the truth about Australia since most of this thread is about crime and punishment and making punishment fit the crime.

I wanted someone to say just like you did that many of the people sent to Australia didn't deserve it as such a punishment, that people at the time felt they did, but in retrospect came to agree that they didn't.

That attitudes about Crime and Punishment change.

That they change in large part because the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Sorry it wasn't clearer.

Hey another star for you for being nice to ask and share!

Big smile.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's about time that a government took a stand and dished out a punishment that fits the crime.

Some will think this is extreme and perhaps they are right, but will this deter others ?

take care all
res

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

hey zazzy...

did you know it is very elitist to have convict blood ? Even more so if you are related to a First Fleeter

take care all
res

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Remember, in dealing with pedophiles, you are dealing with insanity. It has no deterant value.

I'm also a parent. My daughter turned three last month. If something ever happened to her the last thing I would be worried about would be whether this monster that harmed her was mentally insane or not.

I would want him dead but if I had the option I would want his blood drawn first. Torture? Oh you bet! All I would need are the mental images of just imagining what my daughter went through at this monster's hands and the need to see his blood spilled, to hear this monster scream in agony, to see him nailed and writhing on a wood frame, would be so intense that I wouldn't rest until I saw it done.

Count me in as one in favor of any form of barbaric torture possible to these pedophilic monsters. They ARE NOT human beings any longer once they have violated the sanctity and innocence of a child, PERIOD!! And if you DARE argue that they are then you might as well worship Satan because it only proves that you have no soul.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Your G-d said vengence was his friend, not yours!

He said turn the other cheek.

He said judge not least ye be judged.

Sounds to me like Satan might have already won yours.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Is it really this easy to loose one's humanity?

To simply imagine some horror and then conjure up another to match and exceed it?

To stoop to the same level of a person whose actions you condemn.

The Pennsylvania Amish would never subscribe to any such notion. They follow Christian principals to a T.

Jesus didn't forgive on the cross just for you to not live as he asked. He did it to stop his own Karmic wheel.

To err is human to forgive is divine.

Punish if you must but do it humanely and with dignity people.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join