It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Claims Genie Circumcised Baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
JAKARTA, Indonesia - A mother has claimed that a genie circumcised her 10-month-old son while she was cooking breakfast, the state news agency Antara reported Thursday.

The report did not say whether the toddler, Riyan Abdullah, experienced any complications as a result of the operation, which allegedly took place early Wednesday close to the town of Tasikmalaya, on Java island 250 miles southeast of Jakarta, the agency reported.

"When I heard Riyan crying, I went straight to his bedroom and couldn't believe what my eyes saw," Riyan's mother, identified only as Ineng, told Antara. "He had been circumcised."

The family immediately suspected it was the work of a genie, belief in which is widespread in Indonesia. They summoned a local paranormal to the house who confirmed their suspicions, the report said.

More than 90 percent of Indonesia's 210 million are Muslim, though many still believe in sprits and the unseen world. According to Islamic tradition, Indonesian boys are normally circumcised, usually when they reach the age of 6 or 7.

I did not include the story link because it's too long. I found the story at Yahoo News.

Deep

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
>>The family immediately suspected it was the work of a genie

join