It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diet drinks 'could harm the kidneys'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Interesting study, especially since I found this was essentially happening to me as well. I recently(April) stopped drinking sodas all together and just drink water for the most part now & I feel much better.

If people are wondering what a good sweetener is that isn't cane sugar or a wild chemical concoction, try stevia as it's another all natural sweetener(it's a leaf) that is more like a spice then sugar. You can find different brands of stevia in major grocery stores now and even coke is introducing a stevia sweetened version of it's product.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Regular soda like Gingerale Canada Dry?
I usually have it with gingerale but sometimes diet 7up or sprite.

But doesnt regular soda like gingerale also have artificial sweeteners?

He's talking about soda water, like I was... You can get flavored soda water with no sweeteners in it... just not anything cola flavored

That's like never being able to buy coffee without some form of sweetener in it...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Solada, if thats the name, is real sugar.
As I understand it
I think there is a conspiracy here to push the new sugar.
I think there are a few more.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
interesting. My grandmother died from kidney failure and she drank diet cola all the time. It would be strange to think that cutting back on sugar for health reasons could be the very thing that has ruined so many kidneys in the world.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My girlfriends nutrionist said something about this a while back. She recommended avoiding soft drink altogether actually.

Personally I have to cut down my consumption a lot to (I type this as I drink a diet coke at 8am, lol.......i was drunk last night I need it!!!!!!!!!!!!)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Use ice cubes instead. Hell that's even more effective for the 'diet' aspect. If you don't like how it tastes, switch to a different whiskey. Or scotch

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silver tongue devil

Dude, i've tried almost every scotch whiskey known to man

The only smooth ones that go with only ice cubes cost and arm and a leg.

I've tried Knobb Creek straight though, it's a bourbon and it has the most unique taste amongst all the whiskeys on the planet.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I pretty much gave up soft drinks. I began working out and eating a pure, unprocessed diet...with nothing but water. after a couple months I had a diet soda and felt weakened the rest of the day. Thinking it was a fluke coincidence, I tried another diet soda a couple weeks later...same result. For me, I will stick to water, green/black/white tea, 100% fruit/vegetable juice and...of course, coffee.

I have done the same thing only no coffee or juices and very little sugar. I feel better that I have in years (now 59) and found by switching from a store brand to a good brand of tea, (Twinnings) I really do not need the sugar any more nor do I miss it.

I also found, as did friends of mine, that artificial sweetener stimulates the appetite. I think there was a study done on this too.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

what you should do...

is get one of these... a compact and practical simple to operate a Counter-Top Water Carbonator.
www.williams-sonoma.com...
www.instructables.com...&-Home-Carbonation---Pays-For-Itsel/

save tons of time and energy without polutting the environment with extra bottles that might not get recycled...
plus you have total controll over the ingredients.

just carbonate your water and mix with flavored syrup you can buy to make soda..

or juice...

or make your own syrup... here are some recipes..
www.homemade-dessert-recipes.com...
www.google.com...

i would highly recommend STEVIA as it is a natural sweetener, with zero carbs and no sugar (only sugar alcohol no not the kind that gets you drunk) ... stevia comes in powdered form or liquid tincture form.

get that setup and put it in your bar set by your whiskey.

if you have your whisky and soda alot..(daily) then think how many hundreds of dollars you'd save per year
plus how much fun you'd have making it.

there you go!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Guys, let's explore something no one ever talks about

I would NEVER buy anything from Bayer
If they release poison why trust them with other products or brands?

Also you can thank Bayer Cropsciences for the dissapearance of bumble bees.

How come this logic rarely applies to soda companies?
if companies have products with Asparthame why trust them with normal sodas?

reply to post by prevenge

Thanks for the info
I'll check it out

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
you can eat right, and work out every single day of your life

you're still going to die.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Im sorry if I sound cruel , but, anyone that drinks diet drinks or eats or drinks anything that contains any artificial sweetener( ASPARTAME) is a FOOL.

Study it and then see if you still think it is o.k.
Too much information that proves it is DEADLY.

Please do not drink diet drinks that contain ASPARTAME.

I beg you.

www.laleva.cc...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here try this.................

store.zevia.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Yeah NO difference between a healthy dead body and an unhealthy one.
Though having said that I do work out and like a bit of balance to my life and like a stiff Bourbon/Scotch
Whiskey with a mix of caffeine free diet coke and ice.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yes, we all die.
The difference is in How we die.
Die from poisoning or die from natural ageing.

If I put just 3 drops of gasoline in your drink, is that OK?

What exactly is wrong with cane sugar?
I use Dark Brown Sugar in my Coffee.
I make Oatmeal cookies, but instead of the 2 cups of sugar the recipe call for, I use 1/3 of a cup.....they come out just the right sweetness.

How much do you suppose is in you bottle of soda?

Soda of any kind is also bad on your teeth.

I really have to wonder about people who know the dangers of Aspartame and still use it.
Some kind of Death Wish it sseems.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thanks for the heads up. I should have done more research.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

nnnno.. not exactly.

actually if you take extreme care of yourself and develop your mind and body into perfect balance, and use white tantra to activate your kundalini within your occult anatomy, you most likeley won't die from aging or toxic cell death.

but then again.. you'd have had to research everything you knew about it, and pushed yourself to a live of extreme discipline in order to achieve this.

but saying a blanket statement like "you're still going to die" ... isn't accurate.

.. according to the data that supports what kundalini / chi / holy spirit can do for your health and well-being, that is..

-

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

ahh i see, so you can achieve immortality by not living.

Do nothing but meditate and do this every third wednesday at noon when the bells ring. Indulge in none of lifes pleasures, experience nothing, and meditate everything

then you can live forever

eh, no thanks.

edit to add: "You will die" is a factual statement. Everyone will die.
Find me evidence of someone who has never died and i'll try to believe it.

Are you seriously saying that you seriously believe that there are ancient "chi" monk generalized types of things one can do to never die?

alllrighty then.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

So?

it's their bodies, their lives.

As long as they're not shoving it down your throat...why can't you let them be?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
actually if you take extreme care of yourself and develop your mind and body into perfect balance, and use white tantra to activate your kundalini within your occult anatomy, you most likeley won't die from aging or toxic cell death.
-

Can you give just one example of this for ATS too look at?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join