It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs VA Healthcare Reform Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Obama Signs VA Healthcare Reform Law

www.military.com

President Barack Obama recently signed new legislation that creates predictable funding for veterans' health care. The Veterans Healthcare Reform and Transparency Act calls for appropriations a year in advance after more than two decades of regular budget delays. "No longer will VA and the veterans in its care have to suffer from the "check's in the mail' syndrome," said Clarence E. Hill, national commander of The American Legion. "Advance appropriations will go a long way toward minimizing compromises in the delivery of the high quality VA health care our veterans expect and deserve.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
HR 1016 here at frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...:h1016enr.txt.pdf

So as a United States Marine Corps Combat Veteran I am highly hopeful about this new reform. As I citizen I am hoping that our senior and junior Veterans get the help and care they deserve.

After I returned home from Iraq, I tried to go the the VA hospital in Northport, NY. I had a staff infection in right orbital area on my face. I had contracted staff in Iraq so I thought this would be routine getting helped out.
I was turned away, I had to seek help at my own expense. All though I won't go into the painful details of the experience, and it was demeaning and hurtful for years. I didn't return to the VA for 6 years. I would just suffer and endure painful infection's while I bummed antibiotics off friends.

I understand how people feel about health care in general being messed up, and on ATS we read some true horror stories time to time. For the American Veteran we need to get it right. If we can't get it right here, with this reform, we will not correct health for any American.

I hope this sets the standard for appropriate care. I will go read it now.

Semper Fi

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jb0311NY

As a veteran and someone who works for the VA you should have immediately walked into the director’s office or your congress persons office. The idea of the bill is great but we here at the VA know are budget needs change monthly, we get new influx’s of Vets and sometimes family members on a monthly bases, so hopefully it works out.

I hope you get the care you earned at your trip to the VA and as a VA employee I want to apologize for the inept attitude there at your Local VA.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

It's cool. People hate there job everywhere I a felt victim to that. I'm going D.C. later this year with the pictures and all.

And I wasn't looking for advice on that personal matter, what I couda Shouda.
It's not like I posted the pics of my face up, that would have needed disclaimer

No worries, The VA in NorthPort Is very streamlined and friendly now a days.
Every One so scared to lose their job it feel's like a warm cozy place!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Funny how people are SO opposed to the government mingling in healthcare administration but as soon as it comes to the VA and our vet's rights, the first cry you hear is "You Don't do Enough!!"

I don't even see why there should be a question. Why aren't vets afforded the same health benefits as our politicians?

Any help they get is a step in the right direction

top topics

join