It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There’s Nothing the Federal Government Can’t Force Us to Do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah

told CNSNews.com that he does not believe the Democrats’ health-care reform plan is constitutionally justifiable, noting that if the federal government can force Americans to buy health insurance “then there is literally nothing the federal government can’t force us to do.”

Both the House and Senate versions of the health-care reform plan would force all individuals who are citizens or legal residents of the United States to buy health insurance. President Obama has endorsed this provision.

I posted this under the "Madness" forum, because this is exactly what this is. MADNESS.. If the American people don't wake up, you are going to become nothing more than automatons for this administration.

What about the people that don't believe in health care?

What about Holistic Healers?

Christian Scientists?

All forced to pay for something that is inherently against their core beliefs.

Currently the government owns several large businesses, they are major investors in numerous banking and investment firms; they are actively moving towards controlling what "We The People" can be paid, they don't even attempt to hide the fact that they want to control wealth and limit how successful we can be. Now they are going to tell us we have to buy something?

I also want to bring your attention to this little tid bit.

Say you are Obama, (Sorry if I insulted anyone)
say you wanted to pass a very controversial health care bill and force the people to pay for it whether they believe in it or not; now say you are having trouble getting it through.

What better way to get people on board than to "invent", "create" or "propose" a national health care tragedy... hmmmmmm

Pandemic

Right

Keep falling for this people and we will all be goosestepping before this is over.

Semper

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by swp1000

Please stop spamming each and every post with "Cool Story, BRO!" Thank you!!!

Semper, as usual you are right on the money with this. The federal government has long been working well outside of its Constitutional authority. Foolishly I have believed that the "Checks and Balances" provisions would put an end to it - but, alas, not so.

The people are waking up and I believe that a great many of them believe that there are MANY things that the government cannot force us to do. We shall see...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

semperfortis, I could not agree with you more wholeheartedly, my friend.

I agree with everything you just said, and no you did not insult me, to insult me by calling me Barack Obama would mean I give him the credence and worth of value to begin with, as a human being he is fine, as a President he sucks.

I agree, forcing people to purchase a healthcare program, is a farce.

It is not wholly un-Constitutional, it is as well completely unethical to force someone to buy something they do not wish to purchase, this would be the same as a used car salesman forcing you to buy a car when you are only window shopping on his lot.

Hoist the Flag : False Flags, Agent Provocateurs, and Black Box Operations

Yes, I do believe that the pandemic could have been a pretext, a black box operation, if you will, to scare and terrorize people into healthcare that they neither want, nor can afford, with the job market growing increasingly smaller day by day.

I will not buy a program, package, or product I do not want, need, nor believe in.

You cannot force me to purchase something, especially when I do not have the money to purchase it, due to a lack of finances already.

I get sick maybe once every five years, a cold or flu, and Nyquil or Theraflu clears it right up.

The Heritage Foundation : Morning Bell : The Public Option Is Neither Public, Nor An Option

Quote from : The Heritage Foundation Morning Bell : The Public Option Is Neither Public, Nor An Option

Five different organizations and offices have made predictions of how many Americans could end up enrolled in the public option, including:

The Lewin Group, the Congressional Budget Office, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Urban Institute, and Health Systems Innovations Network.

They all tell a similar story:

the number of Americans that end up in the government run plan will greatly depend on who is allowed to buy into it, and how much they have to pay.

The Lewin Group–an independent health care analysis firm–was the first to estimate the impact of creating such a new public plan, when University of California at Berkeley professor of political science Jacob Hacker worked with them to create a model health plan for the Economic Policy Institute.

The left loved the numbers Lewin produced for Hacker’s plan, but they immediately turned on Lewin and began attacking its credibility once Lewin analyzed the actual legislation in the House.

I am covered via Workers Comp for an accident that happens at work, and as well have vehicle insurance in case I get in an accident, I just simply do not need healthcare.

I have only visited the doctors in the past sixteen years, three times, at a cost of $170 total, saving $30 per paycheck for that amount of time, imagine the cost savings to me, the consumer, who did not need that healthcare package my employers, working two, three, and four jobs, saved.

I have no religious reasons to be against this program.

I have financial reasons to be against it, as well as I believe being forced to do something I do not believe in is not right in any context of the law, through whatever content or intent of that law, you cannot force someone to purchase healthcare.

I have always been healthy, only getting colds, the flu occasionally, and minor cuts and bruises that were usually superficial.

Why would I ever accept a healthcare package I do not need nor desire to pay for?

Simple answer, I will not.

Keep at it, semperfortis.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There is nothing the Federal Government can't force us to do...that is until enough of us get a nose full of it and revolt at the polls...

I dearly hope the first shot over the bow the the communistocrats happens today at the three elections which are in process.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I will not buy a program, package, or product I do not want, need, nor believe in.

You cannot force me to purchase something, especially when I do not have the money to purchase it, due to a lack of finances already.

Why would I ever accept a healthcare package I do not need nor desire to pay for?

Simple answer, I will not.

You pay the illegal income tax, don't you?

Very few of us agree with what that get's spent on (mostly interest) yet most of us pay it, why?
Because the courts are owned and think that all the laws are legit, and therefore will force you to pay and make you out to be a criminal if you do not. They will enforce this at gunpoint, with the threat of a criminal history and jail time, whenever they please. Throughout history in the US we have always seemed to make more room in the prisons for those who try not paying the tax man.

Is any of the above constitutional or in the interest of personal liberty? Obviously not, but it goes on and on as we all try and ignore the giant pink elephant in the room, feeding it the peanuts it demands, and hoping it will just not step on us.

When they write it on the books as a crime if you don't pay, it will be enforced just like all of those that have come before it.

Why is everyone ready to spit a side over being fined/taxed over just one more thing? Why all of a sudden is the mandatory healthcare fee/tax breaking the camels back?

Haven't you noticed that ~25% of your wages are stolen from you every week? This can't be any worse than that.

Cities and Counties are also on the bridge of fiscal bankruptcy, and local fees/taxes are skyrocketing so that they can maybe stave off the inevitable just a little bit longer. Have you seen the price tag on speeding tickets, or even property taxes lately?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
you cant force a free man to do anything.

second line

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

Correct,

But they will put you in jail, freeze your bank accounts and confiscate your assets if you don't.

I don't know about you, but I like my standard of living and have no problem paying my share of taxes.. (I pay 34% by the way, not 25%)

I also have worked hard, what anyone here in the USA can do, and have health care thank you. I neither want, nor need Obama for anything, much less HC

Semper

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I believe the same about forcing people to buy car insurance.

If your going to force someone under the law to purchase something, then the state better damn well provide an option to purchase. Otherwise its giving an industry an unfair market share.

I don't like insurance companies of any type. F them I say. Why should I pay you for an event that has not happened yet? Insurance companies like healthy people, and good drivers. Well those people are the people that shouldn't be paying for insurance to begin with. It's the sick and the morons that should have to buy insurance. They need it!

If they force me to pay a fine if I don't buy insurance from a private company, I will gladly pay that fine.

[edit on 11/3/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

You pay the illegal income tax, don't you?

Very few of us agree with what that get's spent on (mostly interest) yet most of us pay it, why?
Because the courts are owned and think that all the laws are legit, and therefore will force you to pay and make you out to be a criminal if you do not. They will enforce this at gunpoint, with the threat of a criminal history and jail time, whenever they please. Throughout history in the US we have always seemed to make more room in the prisons for those who try not paying the tax man.

Is any of the above constitutional or in the interest of personal liberty? Obviously not, but it goes on and on as we all try and ignore the giant pink elephant in the room, feeding it the peanuts it demands, and hoping it will just not step on us.

When they write it on the books as a crime if you don't pay, it will be enforced just like all of those that have come before it.

Why is everyone ready to spit a side over being fined/taxed over just one more thing? Why all of a sudden is the mandatory healthcare fee/tax breaking the camels back?

Haven't you noticed that ~25% of your wages are stolen from you every week? This can't be any worse than that.

Cities and Counties are also on the bridge of fiscal bankruptcy, and local fees/taxes are skyrocketing so that they can maybe stave off the inevitable just a little bit longer. Have you seen the price tag on speeding tickets, or even property taxes lately?

I may pay taxes, whether it is legal, or not, but I'll be damned before I purchase heathcare.

This is not something people need like car insurance, which I disagree with as well.

This is purchasing something which is completely corrupt to begin with.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9c27969530.jpg[/atsimg]

If the health industry were regulated completely, so that people did not need insurance, and make the costs reasonable, we would never need insurance for our healthcare to begin with, unfortunately, they would rather levy what amount to extortion against the people to require a God-damned piece of crap legislative extortion and protection racket.

I see the R.I.C.O. Act within this Healthcare Package, plain and simple.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

The reason everyone is ready to fight tooth and nail over this is that everyone in the country is getting fed up with the Fed, the Federal Reserve, the criminal racketeering of the banking industry, the lack of jobs, and now they're going to tell me I have a buy healthcare, whether I want it or not, or I am a criminal.

You know what I say to that?

Make me a God-damned criminal and come take my guns away from my cold, dead hands.

I am sick and tired of the hidden agendas of our Government, hiding things like the Verichipand Digital Angel devices through legislation deep down inside the Real ID Act, and Healthcare Reform.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/338cc3d8b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

Quote from : Destron Fearing Website

Destron Fearing is a global leader in innovative animal identification. With presence in over 40 countries worldwide we seek to provide real world ID solutions to match the ever increasing complexity and opportunities related to animal identification. Since 1945 we have provided innovative products addressing the needs of livestock producers, companion animal owners, horse owners, wildlife managers and government agencies.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d0ab0bbc547.jpg[/atsimg]

This is nothing more than complete smoke and mirrors hiding the real agenda.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3217db5a4826.jpg[/atsimg]

All you will become because of this Healthcare Reform Act is just another tagged animal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a59e58fbb44f.jpg[/atsimg]

You will notice all of those pictures posted there, each and every one of them is tied to, hidden within, connected to, or will in the future connect to the Healthcare Reform Act, the Real ID Act, and all of us being bio-chipped.

It is about selling us lies, identity theft, medical records, and an ongoing Census, not health in any way, shape, or form.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

OK I have to admit that curiosity has gotten the better of me with the following questions .

Say one of those nut jobs that don't believe in health care and has chosen not to buy insurance even thou they can afford and all of a sudden they do an about face .

Would they qualify for Medicare or Medicard ?

When do you regard the social cost of an issue being high enough that the government should step in either regulate or provide services ?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I feel like we have already lost our rights... With what I see the police doing now a days... like using those weapons on protesters at g20, just crazyness.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Would they qualify for Medicare or Medicard ?

It is my understanding that the present incarnation of the bill, does away with both.

When do you regard the social cost of an issue being high enough that the government should step in either regulate or provide services ?

Never

On it's face, having the Gov. come in and "fix" a Social Ill sounds wonderful.. However...

Welfare 65% Fraud
Foodstamps 70+% Fraud
Housing.. Well you know how that turned out

Social programs should be the exclusive mandate of the State, County and Municipal authorities...

The confusion is inherent in assuming the United States is one big society, we are not.. Let's the individual societies/communities handle their own social problems, without Big Brother stepping all over it.

Semper

join