It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No US Companies can do this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...
PATHETIC! With people out of jobs we are having Chinese companies and banks fund and build wind farms in Texas? What a joke! Where are the jobs Nobama?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

These are the American sons and daughters of the parents and grandparents from just 1 and 2 generations ago, that pilot these american and chinese companies, that make the choices to go elsewhere to build and manufacture, these are their choices as business captains, using their parents money to go to school/college and then abandoning the country for profit, basically ending the cycle of production=earn=consumption=earn(repeat as needed for a successful economy)
But the politicians will be greased, the "green Jobs" promised?

I really wonder anymore what will be the straw that "snaps" the collective mindset.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The project is a joint venture with U.S. Renewable Energy Group, a private equity firm, Austin, Texas-based Cielo Wind Power LP and Shenyang Power Group of China.

I see two American companies involved here.

Do you think they'll be bringing labor all the way from China to do the work?

- Actually - to be honest - the "nationality" of corporations is sort of a scam anyway. Corporate law and the UCC has degraded any notion of "American" companies I used to believe in.

Nevertheless, your inflammatory post seems lacking in the facts it reveals.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yeah and one of which is an EQUITY FIRM which as usual produces NOTHING! Also you must not have read the article because you missed the most important aspect of this "joint venture"..................

Chinese wind turbine manufacturer A-Power Energy Generation Systems Ltd. will begin shipping the 2.5-megawatt turbines in March 2010, built in the company's plant in the city of Shenyang.

So before you criticize my post as being "inflammatory" I suggest you read more carefully next time as I would expect nothing less from a Forum "moderator". My entire point is with millions of people out of work there is no reason why these turbines can't be manufactured HERE IN THE US.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Yes many of the problems with our country are a direct result of the baby boomers who'd steered us in the wrong direction the last 30+ years.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
You can blame many of the problems that shipped US manufacturing jobs over seas on MBA from schools like Harvard Business School.

For graduates of these schools the bottom line is profits and they don't care if its on the backs of American workers that lose there jobs to overseas companies.
They don't care if americans are displaces by illegals

By the way Bush earned his MBA from Harvard Business School, enough said.

Oh and don't think Obama is any better with his degree from Harvard law school.

When was the last time we had a president that had really worked for a living.
Ronald Reagan at least he had to work on screen as a actor.

Since then all we have had are political hacks

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
MADE IN AMERICA. Growing up in the 1980's seeemd like almsot everything was made in america, plastic toys, furniture, cloths...now thier all made in china. Ther willnever be, any prodcut on htis plant, made ever as good as made in america. I dont necessarily say this political,y but becuase its true. yeah, american items are usualy on the pricey side, but the time, manpower, and cost that went into it, be it what it is, the price justifys its timespan...madein america literally means, built to do its job and last..anything else is substandard or disposable.
If yuo ever see antying made in america, whord it! might not ever be around again. Last ngiht, thier was a documentary on cable channel..about thigs made overseas, and sweatshops. They talke about kathy ee guilfford and allegeldy, her not knowing her line of whatever it was, was bing made in sweatshop conditions...they were being payed poverty levels, of 30 cents a day. El salvador i think. Here in america now, thier only hiring illgal immigrants, and laying of those who worked hard to get ahead on life,, stupid college graduates who think thier getting a bargain, when in fact, their settling for much much less. I wonder, will we all be at thsoe pverty levels, being monitered as well?
Good question...why coudnt we have manufactured those turbines? Whatever the deal wa made wtih china by whom..thats gunna be long term replacement or maintenance. Wonder what the cotracts and future deals wtih the chiese company are? and WHOS paying for it?
Made in japan, thats a different story..theyv always been cutting edge technology. China has never been antying but disposable garbage, in term of what they produce...and they are still kinda communist, to top it off... wonder what obama and congres know or deal theyve made with our new soon to be land owners?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

You're right about quality when it comes to made in America. Danner boots used to be a perfect example along with Filson clothing. But both are starting to import some of their clothing unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Speaking of that I can name one name that was always 'American made' till the 80's L.L.Bean. Now it's almost all over priced crap. Seams split, buttons come of first wash, boots are made for anyone other than human. Just think of what used to be called 'Sneakers'! Put half the northeast out of work and trippled the cost.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
America no longer sees a manufacturing base as a priority and consumers have and still are going hog wild in consumption/materialism practices, which in turn raises personal debt levels higher than during the Great Depression.

We get what we saved for...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

- Actually - to be honest - the "nationality" of corporations is sort of a scam anyway. Corporate law and the UCC has degraded any notion of "American" companies I used to believe in.

I couldn't have said it any better myself, Maxamars. "American corporations" what a sham. There is no such thing. They sell out the American people all of the time.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The problem is the government.

Government killed the manufacturers of America.

They could have kept to the constitution, but no . . . they tried to make America better, and did for awhile, but in the end . . . it will be our downfall.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I'm quite sure using the term "NOBAMA" is against T&C. However, I agree that this information is disheartening. It is the wrong approach to fixing an economy.

new topics

top topics

join