It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS on Wall Street Journal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Awesomeness! A plug for ATS!

Great!

Just great...
We wont be known for Alien Disclosure or uncovering political bombshells, not even for discovering the cure for cancer.

But we will be known as the Onion cure people.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
They're testing the waters.

Soon they will make an offer to buy out ATS and we'll all be doomed!!!!

Mwahahahahah.....

-------------------------------------------------

On a serious note, I would have hoped they would have mentioned our rather savvy membership in terms of Wallstreet herself; but then, maybe that's not the kind of attention they want....

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Maxmars]

Funny you should say that. Myself and another member on here have participated on a thread of similar topic and the Poster was banned. On his first post and with no warning. So some might assume what you speak of has already happened or is in the process of happening.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

SLAYER69:

Now we will be known as the Onion cure people.

That's good.
Ha! Onion people. I've been called worse.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I know slay I guess I didn't contemplate the ramifications of my actions
with any degree of acceptable accuracy.

(Tut lifts one sandel and kicks rocks). "I was just tryin a help"

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
LMAO

That was my post!

Yay!

Congrats to ATS!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Let's just hope that ATS doesn't "get bought" like many others who have rubbed elbows with Wall Street. Don't sell out to those scum,.... ATS, you're all we have left of free speech it seems, I hope it stays that way.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
no more comment

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Applesandoranges]

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 5 oClock

Did you not read the article? They are making a mockery of home remedies, and of websites like ATS....

Odor may play a role with both garlic and onions. "Maybe they just kept people distant from each other, making it harder to transmit the virus," says William Schaffner, chairman of preventative medicine at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. He offers his own classic flu remedy from his Swiss-German heritage: "You go to bed in a four-poster bed. You put a hat on one of the posts and drink Schnapps, and when you see two hats, you are no longer bothered by symptoms of influenza."

online.wsj.com...

You really need to read the article to see what they are doing.

Although they say some natural remedies seem to be promising, they say on every one of them that the medical association does not endorse a single one, and trials are either inconclusive, show no results, or show mixed results.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the officially sanctioned vaccine is the only proven way to prevent the H1N1 virus, and the antiviral drugs oseltamivir (trade name Tamiflu) and zanamivir (Relenza) are among the few proven ways to shorten its duration. "There is no scientific evidence that any herbal, homeopathic or other folk remedies have any benefit against influenza," the CDC says.

Do you know how many of this worlds 6.7 BILLION people have NO access to institutionally trained medical doctors or Corporate artificial drugs?

Billions are going to go see the nearest medicine man or herbalist and be given a natural remedy for the flu.

The CDC is a Federal agency.They work for the Corporations not the public.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is my favorite part:

"There is no scientific evidence that any herbal, homeopathic or other folk remedies have any benefit against influenza," the CDC says

There's TONS and TONS of scientific evidence stating herbal, homeopathic, and other folk remedies have benefits against influenza.

The Wall Street folks are just morons.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I don't think this is good for ATS at all. All it does is show the average reader that people here are into alternative cures. To us that might not be such a bad idea. But they're putting us in a false light...and saying that what people are doing are wrong... etc. Then again, it's WSJ so what do you expect?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by 5 oClock

ElectricUniverse:
Did you not read the article? They are making a mockery of home remedies, and of websites like ATS....

I certainly did read the article. E-Z, don't shoot the messenger.
Maybe some of the sheeple who click on the link will dig a little deeper into the ATS post and the many other posts on here and open their eyes.

As you know not everyone takes MSM as gospel.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I don't think this is good for ATS at all. All it does is show the average reader that people here are into alternative cures. To us that might not be such a bad idea. But they're putting us in a false light...and saying that what people are doing are wrong... etc. Then again, it's WSJ so what do you expect?

Exactly this is every bit of what I would expect. The jaw dropper would
read somethiong like " Our friends over at ATS may be on to something
many people reporting positive results from of all things the onion"
and so on.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah the WSJ. They were way out in front on the Madoff thing and AIG too, right?

I appreciate the mention regardless of the context. But I think I'll stick to ATS and onions, and for that matter, The Onion, over the WSJ.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

"There is no scientific evidence that any herbal, homeopathic or other folk remedies have any benefit against influenza," the CDC says

That's hilarious when I could say the same thing about the vaccine.

thanks Paradigm

[edit on 5-11-2009 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join