It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esculating Recession; hunderds line up for assistance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker

Originally posted by expat2368
"Esculating Recession; hunderds line up for assistance"

I'm sorry but its bad enough that the educational system has become so bad that nobody can spell... but there is a spell checker.

"Escalating Recession; hundreds line up for assistance"

EXCUSE ME? What does that have to do with anything? I have dsylexia and ADD. THIS IS UNCALLED FOR! Don't insult me. I know I am not the best at spelling but I try. I am in college and it isn't bad!

Ahahahahaha! An enraged sense of entitlement! Being in college does not mean that you are not a fool. There are PLENTY of fools out there with advanced degrees. Going to school for psychology is NOT exactly a viable career move. Unless you plan on going to medical school, a psychology degree is basically useless in this day and age. If you expect to make it through this depression, you'd better swallow a bitter pill, and learn some marketable skills, bro.

Take it from someone who knows- I have a double major in art and history, and two masters degrees in art from one of the top programs in the country. If I didn't have computer skills, I would be totally unmarketable and useless. If you're presenting yourself as an educated person, a step above "the rabble" by virtue of your advanced intelligence and knowledge, your case would be better made by proper spelling and grammar.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson

Originally posted by dreamseeker

Originally posted by expat2368
"Esculating Recession; hunderds line up for assistance"

I'm sorry but its bad enough that the educational system has become so bad that nobody can spell... but there is a spell checker.

"Escalating Recession; hundreds line up for assistance"

EXCUSE ME? What does that have to do with anything? I have dsylexia and ADD. THIS IS UNCALLED FOR! Don't insult me. I know I am not the best at spelling but I try. I am in college and it isn't bad!

Ahahahahaha! An enraged sense of entitlement! Being in college does not mean that you are not a fool. There are PLENTY of fools out there with advanced degrees. Going to school for psychology is NOT exactly a viable career move. Unless you plan on going to medical school, a psychology degree is basically useless in this day and age. If you expect to make it through this depression, you'd better swallow a bitter pill, and learn some marketable skills, bro.

Take it from someone who knows- I have a double major in art and history, and two masters degrees in art from one of the top programs in the country. If I didn't have computer skills, I would be totally unmarketable and useless. If you're presenting yourself as an educated person, a step above "the rabble" by virtue of your advanced intelligence and knowledge, your case would be better made by proper spelling and grammar.

This is irrelevant. Have you heard the saying don't shot the messenger? No I am not a fool. I see what is around me and I don't like it. Just because I have a degree does not mean I am not allowed to make mistakes.
I decided to get my degree before the recession hit. By the way I have many marketable skills. I worked in customer service for 20 years, type 40 wpm,I have advanced computer knowledge and I know how to work office equipment. IS that not marketable skills.
THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME; let's get back to the topic at hand. I only used myself as an example.
It hurts that some people would rather try to insult me and make me look stupid then contribute to the posts about the topic at hand. No need to attack another ATSER.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Some of us are really trying to make it, and can't get anywhere.

Because we're stupid, of course.

You know, just because some people have gold plated spinners on their Escalades and want handouts, does not make the truly needy any less needy. If you think so, then grow a brain. By the way to the OP, thanks for the article, sign of the times indeed. S+F to you my friend.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

First on Topic - The police are there to do their job. If they see the law being broken, then it is their duty to hand down the punishment. Illegal parking, expired tags and improper tags on vehicles ... All of these things are against the law, regardless of whether your rich or poor.
I think some people are looking to hard to find a conspiracy theory in every situation they come across. Which brings me to you, Dreamseeker. I am having some issues with some of your replies. Especially ones that just don't seem to make any sense what so ever.
You have said:
- You have a college degree.
- You're in college trying to get a Master degree in Psychology with a 3.6 GPA.
- You live on $800/month
- You're on diability and can not work a part time job because you will lose your Insurance & Benefits. (Unless you made $2,000 a month)
- You work 30 hrs a week. Down from 50 hours a week because you had a nervouse breakdown.
- You only work from home and have to take a lot of breaks.
- You have 20 yrs work experience, advanced computer skills, type 40 wpm.
- You want to start your own business but do not have the money.
- You're a female, but half of your clothes are hand me downs from your father who also pays your car payment, for your used Kia Rio.
- You have a high IQ, dyslexia, and ADD.

These are things you have stated in this thread ... So I started looking at other things you have said on ATS.
You've said:
- You're 34 yrs old.
- You're blacklisted from the Dr.'s in your area.
- You're a hypochondriac.
- You have your own Conspiracy Radio Show.
- You have the ability to predict the future and even owned a website that boasted a 90% accuracy rating.
- You believe someone is out to get you.
- You were under the care of a therapist, that had you commited to the mental ward because she thought you were suicidal.
- You say the same therapist stalked you for months after you left her care.
- You say the police and other people are harrassing you and causing odd situations to occur in your life.
- Your license was suspended for no good reason at all and you think that the DMV & DOR are out to get you and take away your rights.
- You're a writer with an over active imagination.
- You love conspiracy theories and the unexplained.
- You fear the city and state are using a black flag operation of road construction to keep you in your home and cutting off your access to parts of your city.
- You're apartment complex experiences a noxious inundation of unexplainable fog that makes you sick w/ headaches.
- You've contacted the government twice and gave them a peice of your mind, once by phone and once by email. And by phone you called The President a "bastard".
- You say the CDC has reprimanded you for using their contact line abusively or innappropriately.
- You receieve strange calls that display symbols on your caller ID that have been traced back to no where.

Something about you and what you've said just doesn't make sense. I'm not the only person that has mentioned things like this about you either. You were reprimanded in the past for posting knowingly false information.
I just really don't know about you.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Once again let's stay on topic. I no longer go to a therapist. Yes I do have some dreams that have come true; it does scare me. I don't remember being reprimanded for posting false information? If that is true that was years a go?
I have opened my eyes to the reality of our soceity. I DONT KNOW WHY YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE ME LOOK CRAZY OR DISCREDIT ME. THIS IS JUST BS> MODS PLEASE HELP HERE> I GO ON HERE BECAUSE I WANT TO BE AMONG LIKE MINDS!
Everything I have said is true and things happen that I just want to figure out. I actually like to explore all possible reasons for anything. I doubt anyone is trying to whatever a black flag operation is to keep me home? I never used the CDC inapporaitely! I really did lose my drivers license for no good reason. One time I did recieve a strange phone call that was probably a prank. My therapist really did abuse me. Yes there has been times when there was a fog but it was from road construction I found out later. Odd circumstances do come up!
THIS REALLY FLIPPING P*SSES ME OFF NOW> THERE IS NO NEED TO TRY TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD JUST BECAUSE I BROUGT THIS UP!!! I Am HURT! IT IS SO F#CKING UNFAIR THAT BECAUSE OF THINGS THAT REALLY HAPPENED YOU HAVE TO BRING IT UP NOW>
I am fighting depression and go on here to ease my mind a bit.
THIS IS BS!!!
!! You must be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really don't want to look at my life and my past in a thread I created about something that happened that had nothing to with anything.
Please mod while you are cleaning could you post off topic or something since I have depression brininging my past and bad experiences really upset me. Especillay the therapists thing. Thanks.
[edit on 3-11-2009 by dreamseeker]

To the above poster:
Please read from the Terms And Conditions Of Use

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

I checked out your posts and they are zero. You really have NO ROOM TO SPEAK HERE. IF you are new or something why don't you go read some more posts and you will see how well I fit in.
There are so many different beliefs and I never believe anyone is crazy no matter what they say. PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE AND IF THIS THREAD IS GOING TO BE SO NEGATIVE CAN IT BE CLOSED DOWN OR AT LEAST EDIT OUT THE irrleavant information? Please..

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Temp. close while we clean up in aisle 7.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join