It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two-headed baby abandoned in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think this is the second two headed baby in as many years is it becoming more common?
www.metro.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Well, conveniently, there are no pictures.

This is one of those things I would have to see to believe!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I thought two heads would have been better than one. Isn't there some kind of proverb that states this too? ?? I guess I'm just not keeping up with the latest trends in humon fashions these days.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You know, this just goes to show the nature of humans. Looks are everything.

All over the world, deformities are looked down upon. Its not the childs fault he/she was born like that. Then to make it worse, the child was left for dead in a dumpster.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by havok]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

It isnt that unbelievable. He was more than likely a twin that essentially ate the other twin...sounds unbelievable but it happens. There is a set of two headed twins that are about 20 now. I have seen them on various shows on TV.

2 headed baby

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48a852346e18.jpg[/atsimg]

Abigail Loraine Hensel and Brittany Lee Hensel (born 7 March 1990, Minnesota, United States) are dicephalic conjoined twins. Brittany ("Britty") is the left twin, and Abigail ("Abby") is the right twin. They have two spines which join at the pelvis. They have two stomachs, three lungs, and at birth, three arms (the arm between their heads was underdeveloped and useless, and was amputated in infancy).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fa665b0dede.jpg[/atsimg]

The boy, named Kiron and weighing 12 lbs 1 oz, was born by Cesarean section on [25 August 2008] at a clinic in Keshobpur, 85 miles from the capital, Dhaka.

I think they are quite adorable if you ask me.

Here is the link to these babies and more stories like it...so not that unbelievable

2 headed babies

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yeah I've seen them on TV as well.

The Indian baby is new to me. Thanks for posting that information.
Deny Ignorance.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ah, yes. Thanks for posting that. I have seen those little girls on television as well. I haven't seen the baby boys before.

It happens in nature quite a bit, with two headed snakes, and turtles.

I don't remember what it is called, but I have seen where twins are absorbed, say into a body, and everyone thinks the surviving twin has a tumor, until they operate.

Being a twin myself, and having had a set of twins of my own, I should consider myself very lucky that we all turned out as well as we did. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to share a body with my twin, since we can't stand each other!

The pictures you have shown, seem to indicate brains in both heads, whereas this article does not seem to indicate two functioning heads.

I hope this baby/babies can live as normal a life as possible.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Yup Im a twin as well and couldnt imagine being like this. I have seen instances where neither twin survives, or one survives or they both survive. I have seen twins who shared a heart.

I believe these are siamese twins or conjoined twins. Its really interesting to read about but I may be a little more partial since I am a twin

Conjoined/Siamese twins are identical twins whose bodies are joined in utero. A rare phenomenon, the occurrence is estimated to range from 1 in 50,000 births to 1 in 200,000 births, with a somewhat higher incidence in Southwest Asia and Africa.[1] Approximately half are stillborn, and a smaller fraction of pairs born alive have abnormalities incompatible with life. The overall survival rate for conjoined twins is approximately 25%.[2] The condition is more frequently found among females, with a ratio of 3:1.[1]

Two contradicting theories exist to explain the origins of conjoined twins. The older and most generally accepted theory is fission, in which the fertilized egg splits partially. The second theory is fusion, in which a fertilized egg completely separates, but stem cells (which search for similar cells) find like-stem cells on the other twin and fuse the twins together.

siamese twins

Here are the most famous Siamese twins, Chang Bunker and Eng Bunker.

These two married sisters and had between the two of them like 20 kids. They settled down in north carolina where they eventually died on the same day. They could have been separated with modern technology but back then they didnt have the means to perform such a procedure.

These two are where the term siamese twins come from. They were from Siam(Thailand) and they were twins so we get "siamese twins."

Chang and Eng Bunker

top topics

join