It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Grabs 10% More From Taxpayers' Paychecks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
LA Times

California to withhold a bigger chunk of paychecks

The amount goes up 10% on Sunday as Sacramento borrows from taxpayers. Technically, it's not an income tax increase: You'll get the money back eventually.

Reporting from Los Angeles and Sacramento - Starting Sunday, cash-strapped California will dig deeper into the pocketbooks of wage earners -- holding back 10% more than it already does in state income taxes just as the biggest shopping season of the year kicks into gear.

Technically, it's not a tax increase, even though it may feel like one when your next paycheck arrives. As part of a bundle of budget patches adopted in the summer, the state is taking more money now in withholding, even though workers' annual tax bills won't change.

Think of it as a forced, interest-free loan: You'll be repaid any extra withholding in April. Those who would receive a refund anyway will receive a larger one, and those who owe taxes will owe less.

How is this legal?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
You'll get it back in April?

Wasn't California the state that handed out IOU's instead of refund checks this year?

Yeah... seriously.. I'd move lol that state is going the way of the dodo

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
they are wanting to leave everyone with just the clothes on their backs so after the fail, you have not even your integrity.
I say tell them to get the money they seek from the thieves who stole it and then got us to reward them for it. bailouts should be where they look for free money.

Not the backs of the employed and certainly not from the illegals

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I guess it is time for the Californians that stayed, I left Sept. 08, to give Awwnnuuld the middle finger.

Anyone in California and everywhere else,reading this, tell you what you do, fill out a new w-4 form and fill it out as exempt. Put your money in a nice Community Credit Union(screw the Banks).

This is totally legal. Your taxes do not have to be paid until April 15th of the following year. The government has been getting free loans forever.

Now on April 15th pay your taxes, with the money in the credit union, you might have a little interest to buy those bullets we will all be needing very soon.

top topics

join