It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids can be Found all Over the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I posted this information before, as Muaddib, and thought it was only right to make it available again.

Here is my original post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most people know of the three great pyramids at Giza, and the ones found in Mexico, but most people have no idea, that pyramids can be found all over the glode. Some of the pyramids seem as if they were built before the three great pyramids at Giza, and those in Mexico, unless we have understimated the age of them, because they are also found underwater, like the ones found in Japan.

Pyramids in Japan.

The monument is 600ft wide and 90ft high and has been dated to at least 8000BC. The oldest pyramid in Egypt, the Step Pyramid at Saqqara, was constructed more than 5,000 years later.

excerpt and picture taken from.
www.cyberspaceorbit.com...

But is this the oldest building in the world as some scientists are claiming?

Pyramids in China.

Historically China is well known for things like the Great Wall of China, its dynastic rulers and of course it superb china ware. It is not very well known for its Pyramids, well China has a large number of pyramids, possibly over a 100. Most of them are located in a 70-mile area around the city of Xi'an. This has mostly been unknown by the out side world, thou as china opens up this may change.

Excerpt and picture taken from.
www.earthquest.co.uk...

Pyramids in Tenerife, one of the Canary Islands.

Discovery

Archaeologists and authorities scoffed when a local newspaper published an article claiming to have discovered mysterious step-pyramids on the island of Tenerife. Just more agricultural stone terraces they said, such as are common throughout the Canaries.

But Thor Heyerdahl thought differently. Dr. Heyerdahl, who has done extensive research on the pyramids of Tucume in Peru, was intrigued by photos of the site, and on visiting the valley of Guimar to see for himself, he was no longer in any doubt. These were neither terraces nor random piles of stone cleared by the Spaniards, as some had tried to explain them away. They were painstakingly built step-pyramids, constructed according to similar principles as those of Mexico, Peru, and ancient Mesopotamia.

www.ferco.org...

Pyramids found in Greece.

There are more than 16 pyramids spread over Greece. The oldest one is the pyramid of Hellinikon.

The existence of ancient pyramids in Greece, some of which date before those found in Egypt, is now being discovered and investigated. At Hellenikon and Ligourio west of Athens in the Argolid region, are two limestone pyramids that are stylistically very much like those at Giza near Cairo. The big difference is size; the Greek pyramids are only the size of a large room compared to the Great Pyramid's height (with capstone) of almost 500 feet.

Picture and excerpt taken from.
www.crystalinks.com...

HELLENIC PYRAMIDS
It is not well known that there are Greek pyramids . There are more than 16 pyramids spread all over the Greece. The oldest one is the pyramid of Hellinikon

INTRODUCTION

The existence of pyramids in Greece was unknown to most people until recently, and even today not much is known about them. For example, the pyramid of Hellenikon, near Argos, is older than the Pyramids of Egypt. In fact, Pausanias (in Graeciae Descriptio) says that this pyramid was a memorial in rememberance of the first battle fought by soldiers bearing shields!

Pyramids in Greece are usually smaller than the ones found in Egypt (exeptions are a few sculpted pyramids) and they are in a rather poor state.

Excerpt taken from.
www.hiddenmysteries.org...

Here is a link with several photos of the Hellenic Pyramids.

travel.webshots.com...

Pyramids in the US. (Mississippi and Illinois)

Just east of St. Louis, near Collinsville, Illinois is the largest earth mound in the western hemisphere. It is 30 metres high and dates back to 1100-1400 AD.

Picture and excerpt taken from.
survive2012.com...

Pyramids in Peru.

Huallamarca Pyramid

Pachacamac Pyramid - with ramp

Pyramids in Brazil?

BRAZIL
In the Jungles of Brazil close to the Peruvian Andes Mountains lay twelve Pyramids in two rows of six side by side. The site has been viewed on a satellite imaging map done by x-raying the jungle with infared photography. Apparently lowering people on ropes from helicopters with chains saws the jungle resisted all attempts to get through the dense forest.

Excerpt taken from.
www.crystalinks.com...

(Muaddib/ElectricUniverse--i haven't found any photos and very few sites that talk about this, so this is a rumor for now. Maybe a member of the forums is from Brazil and knows something about this.)

Pyramids in New Zealand?

(Muaddib/ElectricUniverse---Found this site, but after reading the info it is possible these were really build just for defense.)

Maungarei (Mt Wellington), Auckland, New Zealand

Excerpts taken from.

www.zoomin.co.nz...

Pyramids found in Sudan.

On the way from Khartoum to Port Sudan, about 200 km north-east of Khartoum, near Bagrawiya, lies ancient Meroe, the home of a few dozens pyramids spread over a small hill about one quarter square kilometer in size.

The pyramids, much smaller than their well-known counterparts in Egypt, are the remains of a royal cemetery from the Meroitic kingdom (between 300 B.C. and 300 A.D.).

(Muaddib/ElectricUniverse--These pyramids were an attempt by the kings of Napata to supposedly revive the burial rituals of the Egyptians according to archeologists, but no mummies were ever found inside the three great pyramids.)

www.crystalinks.com...

Pyramids off the coast of Cuba?

What about the buildings and possible pyramids found off the coast of Cuba?

Ancient city and pyramids off the coast of Cuba?

In July of 2000, a commercial expedition found several large, manmade structures 2,200 feet below the surface of the Gulf of Mexico, southwest of Cuba, near the Yucatan Peninsula.

Excertp taken from.
www.mysteriousworld.com...

Cuba's Sunken City

Deep in the waters of Cabo de San Antonio, off Cuba's coast, researchers are exploring unusual formations of smooth blocks, crests, and geometric shapes. The Canadian exploration company that discovered the formations, Advanced Digital Communications, has suggested that they could be the buildings and monuments of an early, unknown American civilization.

Excertp taken from.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Here is a link to a video which has pictures of the sonar images, and the structures found off the coast of Cuba, and over 2300 feet underwater. There are many sonar images, but also pictures, including a large pyramid.

Part 1
www.youtube.com...

Part 2
www.youtube.com...

Underwater discoveries.

Increasingly, as technological advances allow researchers to probe into the depths of our seas around the world, new discoveries are being made almost everywhere it seems.

www.morien-institute.org...

Pictures taken from.
www.timstouse.com...

Also found this site with some more info on ancient pyramids.

ancientx.com...

[edited to add working links]

I think all links should work now.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

S & F

I noticed it's an older thread and as such some of the links are down. Could you possibly add the missing pics to your ATS media account so we can see them?

Thanks again

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Will do that, and thanks.

BTW, there is information that is showing that the Hellenic Pyramids, at least two of them are prehistoric, and are over a thousand years older than previously thought.

Dating of Two Hellenic Pyramids by a Novel Application of Thermoluminescence

P. S. TheocarisaI. LiritzisbR. B. Gallowayc

a Academy of Athens, P.O. Box 77230, Athens, 17510, Greece

b Research Center for Astronomy and Applied Mathematics, Academy of Athens, Greece

c Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, U.K.

Received 14 August 1995; accepted 7 May 1996. ; Available online 17 April 2002.

Abstract
A new variant of thermoluminescence dating has been employed to determine the age of construction of two pyramids, one at Hellenikon and the other at Ligourio in Argolid, Peloponnese, Greece. The dating technique concerns the inter-block surfaces of the limestone building blocks and relies on the electron traps responsible for thermoluminescence in the surface layer of the carved limestone blocks having been bleached by sunlight prior to the blocks being incorporated into the structure. Nine determinations of age have been made, complemented by one which relates to a Mycenean wall of known age. From the average ages, the date of construction of the Hellenikon pyramid was found to be 2730±720 and of the Ligourio pyramid 2260±710 . The date of the Mycenean wall was determined as 1110±340 , in agreement, within the measurement uncertainty, with the established date of 1280 . However, the pyramids were previously attributed to Classical/Hellenistic times, mainly on the basis of somein situpottery finds. The present dating approach revises the age of the pyramids and shows them to be prehistoric.

Link

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
nice thread mate , s f

possible pyramid here in Australia:
www.crystalinks.com...
www.warriors.egympie.com.au...

keep it up!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Yeah, and there's the the biggest ones just being excavated near to Sarajevo in Bosnia-Herzegovina, which walls are at leas 12 000 years old and made of concrete? www.bosnianpyramid.com , www.bosnian-pyramid.com

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I wonder why man has always wanted to build such a monument? When we were kids we would unknowingly build a pyramid too, by placing one block above two other blocks. It seems to be human nature, but I wonder if there is more too it?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth hunter
Yeah, and there's the the biggest ones just being excavated near to Sarajevo in Bosnia-Herzegovina, which walls are at leas 12 000 years old and made of concrete? www.bosnianpyramid.com , www.bosnian-pyramid.com

They're still currently under construction

btw you think the use of pyramidal structures by different people in different places for different reasons at different times is wierd, what about the dome?

Central Asia

Greenland

South Africa

North America

Britain

Ireland

And across N Eurasia in the last ice age

Same basic shape used all over the world! I wonder why?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Essan]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Flagged. I believe this to be very important.

Looks like all of our ancestors wanted to be 'closer' to the God's, and they all developed the same way of doing it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
oops

[edit on 3/11/09 by dallas18]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
IF what I discovered using Stellarium and the date 12/12/12 4:20am to 5:30am ... As you view the night sky from Southern Mexico and looking to the east... is correct... Then it is possible the Pyramids at Giza are thousands of years older then what science currently claims... well perhaps!

So far I have fast forward over 1200 years, year by year... and I plan to do several more 1200 year cycles until I find that exact same sequence on that exact same date... depending on how long it takes... I believe it is possible Stellarium might prove that not only are those Pyramids a lot older then we think... But also... that 2012 may in fact be nothing to fear at all, like many, including myself, believe.
However when it comes to those pyramids and why they are aligned the way they are... That date mentioned above may in fact be the real reason. I have always had a problem with the belief that the Pyramids at Giza were created to honor Orion’s Belt... that never made sense because of all the other bigger and more pronounced "pictures" or constellations in the night sky. However a special planet/moon/sun conjunction/early morning convergence would definitely hold some importance to ancient man... Or perhaps it is a warning, but I don’t think so… finding the two witnesses will be important in proving 2012 is nothing to fear at all… I suspect those two “witnesses” are Mars and Jupiter. But all that nonsense is for another post entirely…

These pyramids found all over the world seems to suggest mankind has been around a lot longer then what science says is true... I have never believed mankind has only been “advanced” for just over 10,000 years, for a whole host of reasons... This is a great thread and I have saved it for future reading and research... S&F...

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 3-11-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dallas18

Thank you for the links.

BTW, I included in the op a couple of youtube videos of the structures/city off the western Cuba coast.

Here is the website of Luis Mariano Fernandez's website who is a Spaniard journalist who interviewed Cuban Geologist Manuel Iturralde. It is in Spanish but it includes some pictures and videos also.

I could translate all, but it will take me forever. But one of the thing that is important and it says on his website is that: "It has been confirmed that the stones that are part of these structures were cut, and polished so they would fit perfectly.

The structures, buildings, temples, tunnels and roads encompass 20 square kilometers, and they are more than 600 meters underwater, and the age of this city could be at least 6,000 years old.

Scientists are calling the place "City Mega." There are large circular granite blocks, as well as perpendicular blocks, and most of them measure from 2 to 5 meters long.

There are inscriptions in some of the stones, which some look like Egyptian geoglyphs, others look like drawings and their significance is unknown.

The discovery of this city seems to prove that Cuba was once united to the American continent, and this city was probably part of the pre-classic period, and could have been inhabited a population similar to that in Teotihuacan in Mexico.

This submerged city does bring back memories of the stories of the Greek philosopher Plato (Platon) about Atlantis."

Translated from.
www.luismarianofernandez.com...

There is a lot more, but I can't translate it all as I said before. It's a bit too much.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Same basic shape used all over the world! I wonder why?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Essan]

Domes can be found naturally, just like the circle, but pyramids are not that natural.

Even dunes do not form as a pyramid.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I wonder why man has always wanted to build such a monument? When we were kids we would unknowingly build a pyramid too, by placing one block above two other blocks. It seems to be human nature, but I wonder if there is more too it?

What you describe is not a pyramid, and those blocks are probably already made, the ones you used to play with.

There is a lot more to it. Many monuments and pyramids, were made in a way that not even today could be replicated.

Even using cranes there are many ancient blocks that would break under their own weight, yet the ancients were able to use very large, and heavy blocks of stone that even today are impossible to move without having to break them into smaller blocks.

For example, in the great pyramid, there are blocks on the ceilings that weight more than 2.5 tons each. The biggest ones could weight up to 30 tons, if not more.

Anyways, there is another interesting fact about Cuba which I have talked about before.

There are caves in Punta Del Este about 20 km from Cayo Piedra at the southeastern part of Isla de la Juventud which have ancient, and strange drawings, some of which seem to resemble drawings of the Solar System, and which show an arrow towards, and through the center, passing under, or over what should be the Sun.

There are also drawings of crosses painted in black and red, but which are at least 850 AC but could pre-date Christianity are not thought to represent Christianity at all, but something else.

Also some of the caves have holes through which light would enter for example on spring equinox.

Here is a link that has some photos of the ancient drawings, as well as a description.

In the symbolic allusions of these cave paintings is represented the succession of days by nights in the worship calendar, 28 concentric circles, in which are detached a red arrow represent the lunar month.

Every day sunbeams enters through the porch of the main cave (No.1) following this astral route and lightning different sections of the mural. On march 21, date corresponding to the spring equinox a sunbeam enters through a hole in the ceiling and reaches the centre of a rounded stone located in the cave centre.

www.cuban-beaches.com...

Another link, in spanish, with more photos.
rupestreweb.tripod.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9bfe9f1710dd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Found several videos about the sonar images, and videos that were taken by Paulina's crew, as well as a video and a photo of a 3d reconstruction of the images in what seems to be an ancent city about 2,000 feet underwater off the west coast of Cuba.

Here is one video that shows more sonar images, and photos that were taken of the structures which I don't think I was able to find before.

Part 1 of a video about the sonar images and photos of the discovery.

Part 2.

Here is a video of a 3d reconstruction of what seems to be the structures found 2,000 + feet underwater off the coast of Cuba.

If you look at the sonar images, and even the photos it does seem that at least some of the structures have more than one level, and the levels above seem to be smaller than the floor level but also mostly with straigh lines.

Here is another video, that although it is in Spanish, you can see several of the pyramids which can be found around the world.

edit on 23-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors and to embed videos.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Get ready for the " People built pyramids because it was the easiest way to pile rocks that kids pile rocks in pyramids".... argument.....
If this was the case then there would be little pyramids all over. When they built pyramids it was grand and for a reason and not some easy way to pile rocks.

Ignorance is not bliss, its a virus.

But I agree. The human race at one point built pyramids no matter where the were from or living just like today major cities build similar skyscrapers. In 10000 years when people say humans built skyscrapers all over the world are we going to get the same lame argument that it was the easiest way to pile steel?

The difference here is that the ancient structures were built to astronomical precision no matter what apart of the world this pyramid was built on.
edit on 23-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I can't repost all the images to embed them, but here are some.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48dfb4c7982c.jpg[/atsimg]

BTW, the photo of the pyramid can be better seen on the videos i provided than on this photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/208358d3d348.jpg[/atsimg]

The following is a 3d reconstruction of what appear to be the ruins.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e093aba7832.jpg[/atsimg]

The above image comes from this website which is in German.
www.personalvitality.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Another video with at least one more photo I haven't seen published before of the city, and two more photos of 3d reconstructions of parts of the city.

You can clearly see on the video at time 1 minute 2 seconds that the structures have 2,3 and even 4+ symetrical levels.
edit on 23-3-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks for a very interesting thread . Thought I would add this link and vid.

www.world-pyramids.com...

top topics

join