It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human Metropolis Found in Africa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Does anyone recall that this was the City on Enki? son of Anu, brother of Enlil.

This was his city in which he mined gold and sent it toward Sumer for processing and Transfer to Nibiru. *It was later referred to as Hades in Greek Mythology. This information was found in the ancient clay tablets of Sumer and in Akkadian and Babalonian text, if my memory serves me still.

Zacharia Stichin's 12th Planet Series.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is a fairly well known phenomenon here in South Africa. Unfortunately due to science not fitting the current status quo there are very few if any archaeologists willing to investigate these sites.

Another amazing site is located about 160 Miles north of these. It is the ancient city of Zimbabwe. When the black Africans migrated south they discovered this place, which had already been standing for thousands of years. They believed that the gods built it…. Sound familiar.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
And for anyone to lazy to click the link here's what it says:

RadioCarbon Revolution:

A scientific method used to ascertain the actual age of an artifact is called radiocarbon dating. The "revolution" then refers to its impact on archaeology, particularly on many of archaeology's theoretical assumptions until this tool was introduced after World War II. In effect, radiocarbon dating establishes that many artifacts are now known to be far older than previously thought, and thus going back to earlier ages than otherwise could have been if they had been only the inspired and diffused products of the Near Eastern civilization. Therefore, the notion that the ancient Near East was the fount of global human civilization can no longer hold true. Clearly, various centers of civilization arose independently of one another even if the Near Eastern one remains the oldest on record.

You can do radiocarbon dating with pottery not stone, the science in this article is somewhat sketchy without artifacts like that. Estimating erosion on stone (the method cited in the Veiwsone article) is not precise and varies quite a bit due to things like lichen, ect.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Utopian
Another amazing site is located about 160 Miles north of these. It is the ancient city of Zimbabwe. When the black Africans migrated south they discovered this place, which had already been standing for thousands of years. They believed that the gods built it…. Sound familiar.

en.wikipedia.org...

Beautiful! Haven't heard about that one yet... How come these sites don't get the attention they deserve? Is it because they're African? Because they don't fit our known ancient history? They're of great significance, IMO.

[edit on 3/11/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wanderingwaldo

Actually you can do radio-carbon dating in this case. What they have to do is get soil samples from directly underneath the stone monuments and date the organic material found in that soil. That would at least show the date of the vegetation that was alive when the stone was put in place.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

If this does turn out to be this old, whats your explanation to how it got there then using antlers and stones?

That is what needs to be found out, and if it is that old, its an amazing discovery that could open the gates to a lot more theories and ideas that evidence is there for, just we cant accept it as it doesnt fit in with our current views.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is fantastic, it must appear to all now that we are living in a dark age of human knowledge.
Civilisation must be much older than we currently believe.
The yonaguni shrine, olmecs, sitchins version of sumerian history, its fantastic.
Now if only charles hapgood and the flem-aths can inspire some intrepid indiana jones types to wrap up warm, dodge adolfs ufo base and dig up atlantis in the frozen continent.
Cheers for posting this news!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Gold is the best electrical conductor, it also doesn't tarnish or corrode as silver and copper do.
Due to gold's conductivity its widely used in computer circuits as well as the micro chips themselves.

Perhaps this is why the ancients were so interested in Gold ?

I've read that gold was mined (human's were gentically engineered to be slaves) for the Annunkai to use with the atmosphere on Nibiru.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by ChemBreather

Thought this video would interest you in relation to gold, I would however recommend the book should the video pique your interest.

Google Video Link

Your clip was FANTASTIC!
I just got finished watching the whole thing. Thank you so much for posting it. I can't wait to show it to people.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I navigated some of these sites and the circles appear to me to resemble impact craters that have filled in over time. I do see faint parallel lines that look to form perfect 90 degree corners, which I don't think are from fairly recent history. I find those interesting.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I've read that gold was mined

Maybe true gold IS the mind (mined).

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
this whole thing dont sit well . they are offering tours at a price guess ill wait for a real dig with real university prof , backin it.
these seem to do vip tours with the guys promotin it in attendence.. a bit more expensive than regular tour..

i may be totally wrong but i smell a person who wants a rolls royce our same

rocks also look like many places in peak district, looks sort a natural to me .. but i am often wrong

op/ you got share in website

ps
just thinkin he looks like he just got changed while leanin on wall for photo all them stones look frsh and clean art at least to me

[edit on 11/3/2009 by dashar]

[edit on 11/3/2009 by dashar]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This topic is certainly one that most interests me. Does anyone know of any good books on this topic? I've read Fingerprints of the Gods and Forbidden Archeology. Fingerprints has been largely disproved and Cremo mostly uses very old cases from the late 1800s, though there is some good info too. There just seems to be a wealth of evidence on the subject that the mainstream is overlooking. Adam's Calendar seems pretty interesting.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hans kammler
This is fantastic, it must appear to all now that we are living in a dark age of human knowledge.

Now, we do all realise that the source for all of this is pretty fringe...a wiki search (not science, I know) says this about Tellinger:

Tellinger published his first book Slave species of god in 2005. The work is the result of a 25-year obsession with the pseudoscientific writings of Zecharia Sitchin, who idiosyncratically translated ancient Sumerian clay tablets and theorized about the early creation of man by the Anunnaki. Tellinger also frequently publishes articles on the topic via his website en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not sure that I'd consider the correspondent Dan Eden/Gary Vey a trusted source either, as one who dabbles on the ufo abduction/Sumerian prophesy/2012 fringes, apparently unencumbered by either academic or journalistic methodology.

So flame away about me attacking the source...I'm not doubting the reality of the site...merely the conclusions drawn.

Oh, and the great city of Zimbabwe is no mystery. Black Africa had complex societies as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
WOW!!!

South Africa probably being the cradle of humankind isn't realy anything new, BUT that discovery in the OP seems to be a huge smoking gun!!

Ko3

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Brilliant. Never heard of this find. Zechariah Sitchin is probably thrilled to have learned about this

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have to say I find the dating to be highly speculative at best and not really consistent at all with what we know about the evolution of human society. The structures themselves, from what I can see, are not very advanced and don't seem to show any evidence of masonry and stone carving, mathematics, measurement or land surveying that we know was so important in civilizations like Egypt. Personally, I feel the circular huts are more consistent with ancient mammoth bone structures and very early construction.

So far they seem to have found little to actually label this a "metropolis" except for the many structures, there seems to be little to no city planning, there are no obvious public buildings, no obvious irrigation or sewage system. One would except a city of this size to leave behind a significant amount of garbage and more than likely would have a city dump where we would find tons of animal parts, broken tools etc.

I also have a problem with their assertion that this is evidence of a "human slave species". If the referenced Atrahasis story is from 1700 BC, and it's Sumerian original is only slightly older, how can we call it a reliable source for something this article is stating happened OVER 150,000 years before?

Why would these advanced space faring slave masters have such trouble digging a few ditches and extracting some minerals? How is digging ditches and mining gold so hard for such a powerful race? Would it really be that much more efficient to create an entire race of people to go and dig the gold out with their hands? This requires one to assume that the Slave Masters took the time to breed, feed and shelter all these people, teach them to mine, teach them about gold, teach them to use tools etc etc

I would be more impressed if I felt these structures were more advanced and less consistent with a primitive culture, if we saw some evidence of science or engineering, if we saw something on par with Egypt's level of knowledge. I'd also be more impressed if there wasn't so much speculation and science fiction involved.

Also, why do these types of people feel that saying something is "Older than the Giza Pyramids" will shock us?? There are a lot of things older than the Giza pyramids and if you haven't heard of the Sumerian civilization you certainly shouldn't be speculating on archaeology.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdchop

Originally posted by ChemBreather
reply to post by Lunatyx

and appears to have been constructed -- are you ready -- from 160,000 to 200,000 BCE!

Just amazing, the exact time they say the anunnaki where here making humans, I am soo exited...

Monkeys build it ??

As well - what was the civilization doing there??? - "GOLD Mines" all around!! - Hmmmm WOW - Just WOW -

Yes, among things.
What is intresting also, is the fact that 'adam and eve' are believed to be from africa you know, another coincidence that shouldnt be mentioned too often i suppose.

They estimated A&E to be around 150-250.000 year old, the remains that is, found back in the early 90's if Im not mistaking..

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Correct me or if I'm wrong, the terra papers sounded just like this.,

If you havn't read them, I think you may enjoy them. Quick read for us Non-thinkers.

The Hidden Hstory Of Planet Earth

Props To Conxposer for this ORG Thread

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

S+F

So this huge complex has just been sitting there all this time and only just come to mainstream attention? But like Shadowflux said 'the Pyramids are far more impressive!

Man.... History in school all those years ago has been proved wrong over and over and now this!!!

I still reckon there's more to find in this World..... like more underground cities or cities deep in the ocean.... and what about this 'Holy Grail'? I reckon Australia has tons still to be discovered coz that Continent is huge!! Also when the Ice melts off the Antartic i'm sure there will be something there....

[edit on 3-11-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join