It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human Metropolis Found in Africa

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

why don't you read the source
bThere's an entire section explaining there methods. Lazy

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

you could laugh ooor you could look at the fact that the japanese had aluminum centuries before it was able to be produced with the electricity needed to change it from a compound to pure aluminum. where did they get the tech from?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think this just might solidify a theory that humans (or something of the sort) have lived here much earlier or before anything we could imagine. The population was probably whiped out and had to restart and thats why we have no records for thousands and thousands of years. GREAT FIND! Also the person who asked about how they dated the civilization: RAdio Carbon

Thats a website for you take a look, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHOS HEARD OF RADIOCARBON DATING>?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by NoJoker13]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Gold is the best electrical conductor, it also doesn't tarnish or corrode as silver and copper do.
Due to gold's conductivity its widely used in computer circuits as well as the micro chips themselves.

Perhaps this is why the ancients were so interested in Gold ?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
And for anyone to lazy to click the link here's what it says:

RadioCarbon Revolution:

A scientific method used to ascertain the actual age of an artifact is called radiocarbon dating. The "revolution" then refers to its impact on archaeology, particularly on many of archaeology's theoretical assumptions until this tool was introduced after World War II. In effect, radiocarbon dating establishes that many artifacts are now known to be far older than previously thought, and thus going back to earlier ages than otherwise could have been if they had been only the inspired and diffused products of the Near Eastern civilization. Therefore, the notion that the ancient Near East was the fount of global human civililzation can no longer hold true. Clearly, various centers of civilization arose independently of one another even if the Near Eastern one remains the oldest on record.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

The population was probably whiped out and had to restart

That's exactly what happened.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Agreed the ancients or the people here mining the stuff. Considering actual humans like us have only supposably been here for about 400,000 years. Although we first began our course of evolution about 5-7 million years ago, although those beings were probably very apeish.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

A theory I've had for a long time and obviously much of the world thinks this as well. 5-7 million years ago evolution supposably began, humans have been their finished product for 400,000 years, the earth is 4.5 billion years old. Geez these numbers leave a whole lotta gaps.

link   
I have actually seen many of these from the ground (I live in Johannesburg and go camping/fishing a lot on the area) ... it was always explained to me that these were cattle kraals (corrals).
They were definitely used as kraals later on by nomadic tribes, but it never made sense to me why nomadic tribes would go to so much trouble.

Their usual method of making kraals (predator proof) was to cut down thorn trees and stack them tightly. Believe me, they make a great predator barrier.
Here is a link to what I am talking about:
lionguardians.wildlifedirect.org...

Here is an image of a stone kraal:
www.agri-land.co.za...

link   

Eh, I believe the article states it wasn't dated by radio carbon dating:

calculation was presented by a master archaeoastronomer who wishes to remain anonymous for fear of ridicule by the academic fraternity. His calculation was also based on the rise of Orion and suggested an age of at least 75,000 years. The most recent and most acurate calculation, done in June 2009, suggests an age of at least 160,000 years, based on the rise of Orion -- flat on the horizon -- but also on the erosion of dolerite stones found at the site.

link

[edit on 3/11/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Interesting!

I'm sure I read a report recently which claimed there would be archaeological finds made in the very near future, which would call us to question an awful lot of evolutionary theories.

I'm sure it also claimed that these finds would be fabricated.

Damned if I can remember where I read it though......I'll come back to you on that one!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

Well it doesn't state it wasn't. just states something of how they found the date. Won't be long before carbon dating is used.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Adams Calendar is known as the oldest man made structure on earth.

he ruins have been there for thousands of years and is believed to have been the first city ever built.

The city stretches for thousands of kilometers from Mpumalanga all the way to Kenya.

They are
Older than the Giza Pyramids
and
Older than Stonehenge

75,000 years ago… early humans built a stone calendar that predates all other man-made structures found to date.

www.mpumalangahighlands.travel...

Circular ruins that are spread over hundreds of kilometres over the Mpumalanga escarpment. While some have held them to be examples of abandoned cattle kraals from 13th century Bantu settlements, recent research has shown that the circles were inhabited by an ancient civilisation. Similar to the famous Incas of South America, this ancient society had a healthy appetite for gold, which was mined in the immediate vicinity, as well as a sophisticated knowledge of agriculture and astrology.

the oldest man-made structures on Earth and a unique display of artefacts that span a period of 280,000 years of human habitation. Lose yourself in the spectacular photographs of mysterious ancient stone ruins and discover an ancient stone city, once larger than modern-day Johannesburg.

btflmind.blogspot.com...

A video

www.youtube.com...

or visit

adamscalendar.com...

[edit on 3-11-2009 by halfmanhalfamazing]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Bravo Lunatyx S & F !!!
Thanks for sharing such news it’s about time truth will be revealed
About human history on this planet and all these faulty pseudo
theories will soon collapse.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by piett
reply to post by serbsta

why don't you read the source
bThere's an entire section explaining there methods. Lazy

I'd say they had better do a little bit more investigation into that patina they describe, because it is a more developed dating source than they care to admit. They can certainly pull relative dates from the Desert Varnish, they can most likely get absolute data from x-ray florescence, neutron activation analysis, cation ratio dating, and so forth. They key statement is that one date is no date. The apparent astronomy is interesting, but not a definitive answer, in my opinion.

But given the apparent significance of this site, I'm sure a lot of Young Turks will be hurrying to base their PhDs upon unraveling its mysterious origins.

Originally posted by NoJoker13
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHOS HEARD OF RADIOCARBON DATING>?

You know it's only effective to about 60k BPE, right? Also...my statement that one date is no date. But the obvious dating methodology seems to have been dismissed in the reportage. Let's wait and see the science before we get all het up, shall we?

Oh, and accusations of pending academic suppression...take your place in line, please...

[edit on 3-11-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I know the author and Michael is not bound to try to pull the wool over people's eyes ... in fact, I would say there is zero chance that he would do so. I can recommend "Slave Species of god" and "Adam's Calender" as must reads!!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

It does state they can't rely on carbon dating in this case: Dating the site. Anyway, no need for this non-discussion, I believe we agree it's a most intriguing site.. hopefully more research/info/answers will follow soon.

[edit on 3/11/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Oldest man made structure is in the Moon just near 4.000.000 years craters.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think this just might solidify a theory that humans (or something of the sort) have lived here much earlier or before anything we could imagine. The population was probably whiped out and had to restart and thats why we have no records for thousands and thousands of years. GREAT FIND! Also the person who asked about how they dated the civilization: RAdio Carbon

Thats a website for you take a look, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHOS HEARD OF RADIOCARBON DATING>?

You can't carbon date rocks!! I guess you didn't pick that part up when you HEARD about carbon dating.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Actually, you are incorrect. Did you not read the entire article?
It was dated by examining a celestial calendar they discovered. The link is below.

Link: www.viewzone.com...

"How the Site was dated

Once the ruins were examined, the researchers were anxious to place the lost civilization in a historical perspective. The rocks were covered with a patina that looked very old but there were no items sufficient for carbon-14 dating. It was then that a chance discovery revealed the age of the site, and sent a chill down the spine of archaeologists and historians!"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join