It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Human Metropolis Found in Africa

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

And there are times when we take a step back, and completely loss technology, and technological capability. When the Roman aqueducts were pulled down around 600AD, and Rome lost its running water system, there wasn't another city with running water in the Eastern Hemisphere for well over another thousand years. At least I think that is correct. Constantinople continued on, but they never actually had running water. If my memory serves me correct.

I think it could be very possible that there were advanced civilizations in Africa that might be older than any other civilization. It is most likely the cradle of mankind. We just haven't looked hard enough.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am now almost done Book 5 of The Earth Chronicles by Zecharia Sitchin. And I can say it doesnt surprise me that were finding these sites. As Sitchin points out, the main reason the Annunaki came here was to mine the gold. Before they tampered with the DNA of men and women, the annunaki themselves mined the gold. King Anu appointed his sons to watch over. Enlil was responsible for the upper world, and Enki the lower world (Africa).

Finally the annunaki got sick and tired of doing all the work, so thats when they started tinkering with the dna of the species on this planet. They experimented with everything just about, which is why we see half man/half beast pictures, statues and the like. finally they decided that man was the best fit. They wanted a slave worker race to mine the gold, a race that was smart enough to take orders and do the work.

I know alot of people say Sitchin is a bit of a cracker, but imo, his research into all of this makes more sense to me than any of the other stuff that is out there.
He may not be right on everything, but he definitely is onto something!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by eArth33lr

Sitchin made it all up.
www.sitchiniswrong.com...

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

although this guy does have some valid points, it doesnt necessarily mean that sitchin is wrong with everything he talks about. He interprets glyphs and the like the way he sees them. Why on earth would someone go thru all the trouble of writing 6 books, just to write a bunch of crap?? That doesn't make sense either. Im not saying everything he talks about is true. Everything is opinion, based on someones interpretation. Even if the person has got a degree in this or that, doesnt mean they are anymore right than the next guy. its still just opinion.

Imo, Sitchin's story of our past is interesting to say the least, and although not all of it may be accurate, it doesnt mean its all bunk.

Question: Have u read any of sitchin's books urself, or do u just take it for granted that ur source is right, and sitchin's is wrong?

The bible, and all the other books out there that "supposedly" are the truth of our history, have errors in them too. So, i think its better to take in all the information we find, so we can formulate in our own minds if it resonates with us or not. I dont believe in any one thing, i like to keep an open mind about it all.
Noone in my opinion is an expert on this type of stuff, its all just opinions.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by eArth33lr]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eArth33lr

People write books for all sorts of reasons, making money probably not the least of which.

The correct translations of Sumerian tablets are not "opinion". Actually people that are true experts have spent a lot of time studying all aspects of their area of expertise. Thus, they are able to look at many different aspects rather than a single minded effort to prove that one particular interpretation (their own) is correct.

Yes, interesting stories.

No, I have not read all of Sitchin's books. Since I am not an expert on the Sumerian tablets I leave it to those who are. The fact that no experts in cuneiform agree with Sitchin speaks volumes.

Yes, the Bible is full of interesting stories as well. Some of them have historical backup from other sources. None of Sitchin's do, no matter how hard he tries to show it. No matter how much he twists things to make them fit his stories.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eArth33lr
it doesnt necessarily mean that sitchin is wrong with everything he talks about. He interprets glyphs and the like the way he sees them. Why on earth would someone go thru all the trouble of writing 6 books, just to write a bunch of crap?? That doesn't make sense either.

There's never been any doubt Sitchin is writing fiction. He was an accountant or something unrelated before. The blending of archeology and UFOs became popular in the late 60s. Von Daniken was selling in the millions, dozens of writers jumped in. These guys make somewhere like half a million a year with paperback royalties, appearances, etc.

Snake-oil salesmen, nothing else.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I dont know guys, Sitchin goes into an incredible amount of detail. He has been doing this for decades. And just because his story doesnt necessarily agree 100% of the status quo, again, doesnt mean its all fiction and he just made it up. You guys are trying to debunk something u havent even read. From what ive read and researched, i'd say there is a great deal of evidence out there to back up some of things he claims.

Im no expert either, but these civs did things in pictures. And a picture is worth 1000 words. So with the amount of time sitchin has put in looking at these things and travelling all over the world and comparing them to stories from the bible, book of the dead, etc, i have to read it with an open mind. And for some reason it does resonate with me. Not for everyone obviously, but thats ok. I am not here to say "Believe me", i think everyone should read everything with an open mind and not commit to any one belief.

Sry guys, for me its gonna take alot more than what u've said here to convince me that he is a complete fraud. I think u should both take the time and read his books; i think you'd have a little more respect for him.

happy researching

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I dont know guys, Sitchin goes into an incredible amount of detail. He has been doing this for decades. And just because his story doesnt necessarily agree 100% of the status quo, again, doesnt mean its all fiction and he just made it up. You guys are trying to debunk something u havent even read. From what ive read and researched, i'd say there is a great deal of evidence out there to back up some of things he claims.

I've read Sitchin. So have hundreds who have studied Sumerian writing have as well. Astronomers who have mapped every celestial body within hundreds of light years, archeologists, amateur and professional, who have looked at the cumulative evidence and data. We come to a unanimous conclusion. Sitchin is bunk.

There does not exist a shred of evidence of the existwnce of a planet Niburu, his visitors, the genetic engineering - nothing.

Sirtchin is not even much of a Science Fiction writer. He actually leads people to believe a superior race capable of tremendously advanced technology allowing them to travel between planets would not know about even simple machinery that would make efficient mineral extraction possible. That they would require manual labour. That they could only find gold on Earth, a mineral spectroscopically shown to exist throughout the universe. That they would have to breed entire new life form for the purpose of digging with shovels.

How does anyone with more than a high school education fall for this?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ok so have u got a better theory?

Regardless if nibiru exists or not, is it not possible an intelligent extra terrestrial race visited us in the past?

And as far as evidence of genetic manipulation, Have u looked at the symbol for our health industry? dental industry? Human wrapped in a serpent??? Whats ur take on that?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by eArth33lr]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ok so have u got a better theory?

Regardless if nibiru exists or not, is it not possible an intelligent extra terrestrial race visited us in the past?

And as far as evidence of genetic manipulation, Have u looked at the symbol for our health industry? dental industry? Human wrapped in a serpent??? Whats ur take on that?

There may have been visitations from off planet beings in the past. If there's any evidence of it millions will want to know. So far nothing.

We do know increasingly clearly how the humans developed over millions of years. There are thousands of intermediary stage fossils and artifact that demonstrate the gradual development. They evidence has been assembled not only by professionals and academics, but amateurs and enthusiasts themselves.

I don't look at all the claims of guys in basement putting together websites and videos. Nor do I read all the books by amateurs trying to cash in on with sensationalistic theories that have no support.

Through history there are have merged millions of pieces of data, images, symbols, etc. Collecting a few factoids and pictures to present a case for anything is easy if you want to spend the time doing it.

Unless you can substantiate your claim with something beyond speculation you don't have much to offer.

One can spend their entire waking life looking at various theories and claims. They often seem compelling on first glance. After a while you learn to discriminate between when there is solid evidence and when you're just peeking in at someone's delusions.

Sometimes the same delusions are shared by enough people they form their own community and produce their own literature.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I have put a lot of time into researching this stuff, and there is a lot of good stuff out there, and a lot of bad stuff out there. This is a tough subject because we are all relying on what these "experts" and the like are telling us to be facts and true.

And so ya, i don't doubt for a minute that sitchin could be wrong in some areas. Just as the "experts" are wrong sometimes too. They learn new things in science, astronomy, physics etc, everyday that debunk everything they ever learned previous.

I'm almost at the point that everything written after 1 AD is BS, mixed with myth, mixed with religion. So its so hard to decipher what is real and what isn't. And does it even really matter anyways? We can't do anything about it, regardless, cuz its in the past.

I do like to hear everyone's take on these things, it is certainly interesting to talk about. Its like a mystery novel that never ends!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunatyx

Great digg! I found nearby at the third URL this one:

maps.google.nl...,30.365404&spn=0.001407,0.003433&sll=-25.792497,30.678415 &sspn=0.002811,0.006866&vp6&t=h&z=19

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
In general Sitchin got everything wrong - which is an accomplish of a kind. Either he made up stuff or grossly misinterpreted others material.

If you want to know about Sumer and the later Akkadians read a book by a real archaeologists - for a bad science fiction story - suffer through Sitchin.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join