It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is everyone that used to hang out in the chat rooms??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well I'm fairly new here and nowhere NEAR the required 200 posts!
And I don't get a site where anyone can talk about ANYTHING but might get banned for chatting about certain things...

[edit on 11/5/2009 by SmokeyDawn]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

Never fear. A quick review of the Terms and Conditions will reveal everything you need to know. People occasionally slip up and we understand that. No one gets banned for an honest mistake and a willingness to follow some basic rules. People get banned for repeatedly and willingly breaking the rules and no effort or intent to comply with the T&C.

There's even a T&C Lite which makes it even simpler. If you ever have a question or concern, please feel free to u2u any staff member or send a Suggestion/Complaint available from the member tools button dropdown at the top of every page.

The Suggestion/Complaint function sends a message to the staff forum which is available to be read by all staff.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
reply to post by space cadet

Come on in and banter away
I'm waiting for some intelligent chat

Stari

LOL Intelligent chat.....in ATS Chat?

It's crazy thoughts like that which have drove us out of that unforsaken waste of bandwidth.

Actually, Chat comes and goes with popularity. Give it a few weeks, or months, and it'll be rolling again as new members will jump in and the old members will reluctantly be lured back to chat's unique ability to instaban unsespectingly.

Edit to Add: The instaban was a knock on Elevatedone's trigger happyness in chat. Of course, no one ACTUALLY gets banned for nothing.......or do they.... :p

-Dev

[edit on 6-11-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I kidnapped a number of the old school chatters, now they all have these control collars around their necks, if they are naughty in the slightest they get a shock... If they try to leave the compound - well lets just say 25 grammes of C4 should pop their head of quite nicely!

Gotta go, some of the stitching on the latest batch of ATS T-shirts is getting sloppy... I may have to put another light bulb in the cellar - sheish overheads...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Thanks I love my avvy too. Nut no I didn't make it. A very skilled graphics member, The Cloak it. U2U him, tell him I referred you.

The Cloak's u2u: SEND U2U

And BTW, all the "core members" who had been on ATS chat over the last few months really have migrated to Skype, it is great and free for messaging, phone, or video (Skype-Skype. I am sure some still pop in on AYS chat but Skype is kinda' the new "in thing" now, for many reasons. LOL it is like a "Super ATS Chat".

But again, for anything else ATS us the place "to be".

[edit on 11/6/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Most likely banned, there was a wave of bans not long ago as they are going more mainstream for $$ and a ROI.

Brilliant observation. You can always make a lot more money by banning people.

I presume you're being facetious. The topics by the banned members were too risqué for the management and their biz model and $2.5Million price tag.

@AccessDenied
"PS..let's not speak of bannings. "
Why not? Isn't this a place to 'deny ignorance'???????? Please define the definition between free speech and denying ignorance.

@yeahright
Those T&C's read more like a totalitarian doctrine. Do i have to u2u a mod if i want to sneeze?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

@AccessDenied
"PS..let's not speak of bannings. "
Why not? Isn't this a place to 'deny ignorance'???????? Please define the definition between free speech and denying ignorance.

I am sorry but discussing any other member in any capacity is against ATS' Privacy Policy:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you no longer visit our websites, either through a voluntary decision of your own or some staff action to terminate your account privileges, we do not remove your posts (except for any that might violate our terms & conditions). This is a very big online community with a great deal of content being added every day, removing valid contributions to our discussions would disrupt the context and potentially confuse readers.

Additionally, we do not delete member accounts if you no longer wish to participate. The reasons are very similar to those for not deleting posts.

Why we do not discuss banned or fellow members

ATS take the privacy of any member, active, inactive or banned VERY seriously. That is for the protection of everyone. Visit those links and you will see why we must maintain this policy.

[edit on November 6th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

"That is for the protection of everyone."
I don't need protecting, thank you very much.

"ATS take the privacy of any member, active, inactive or banned VERY seriously"
Yeah right! Why do key staff ask for member names and IP addresses from 'other' forums?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The topic is: Where is everyone that used to hang out in the chat rooms?? Stay on topic now or I will close the thread. All the off topic comments need to stop now!

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It seems as if the topic can't be discussed sensibly any more so this thread is now closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join