It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is everyone that used to hang out in the chat rooms??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Hi everyone... I have recently come back to ATS after a long time away... found other things to do on the Internet
Anyhow what happend to all of my friends in the chat room?

Just wondering

Stari

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
We have a chat room??I really should watch that "getting started vid".Looks like you will have to make some new ones.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I had checked them out, hoping to have mature interesting banter with other ATSer's but alas they were not present!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Moreonethananyone

Yes we do... its the little button at the top of the page
I believe that you have to have so many posts to be able to login to the chat room. I could be wrong on that though, things change all the time around here and I have been gone a while now.

Stari

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Most likely banned, there was a wave of bans not long ago as they are going more mainstream for $$ and a ROI.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Come on in and banter away
I'm waiting for some intelligent chat

Stari

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Been here over a year or so and didn't realize they had a chat room...they should make the button hot pink or something

XL5

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Maybe they got some spandex tights/leather, a cape, some cheesy lines and went to fight the NWO. They may have gotten a family, found better chat rooms or video games. Probably not banned so maybe they just lost intrest.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by XL5

too funny. You are probably right.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i forgot too.
here i come

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
there has been a recent rash of bannings and unfortunately for ATS there were several of the banned members that were the ones that contributed and participated the most, even in the chat.

will be interesting to see what emerges in thier absence. likely there will be others who are capable of filling thier shoes, just not in the same way. who knows it could be any of you

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
back in 2005 and 2006 the chatroom ROCKED the house..........we used to have wild & crazy chat parties and sometimes more than 30 chatters participated regularly..
...does anyone else remember the Halloween spooky theme chats?

lol I sound like a Granny "Back in my day......" ect ect haha

[edit on 3-11-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Many people have migrated over to "Mutter" instead of using the chat room.

You can find Mutter by going to any BTS thread and looking on the right side. Different, but fun too.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
reply to post by Moreonethananyone

Yes we do... its the little button at the top of the page
I believe that you have to have so many posts to be able to login to the chat room. I could be wrong on that though, things change all the time around here and I have been gone a while now.

Stari

DOH!!Its really embarassingly obvious now that you have pointed it out,see you there soon.

XL5

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Who was banned? For what? I do however agree there are shady issues after ATS started to get money.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Of chat rooms and bannings..
If you wish to chat go there, or head over to BTS and mutter away with the rest of us.I'm usually there along with about a dozen other members.
For many reasons chat falls by the wayside..and I wouldn't say bannings are the only cause. However, when in chat sometimes people forget they are not on messenger, and that the T&C rules still apply in chat..thus some topics are taboo.
Also, there has been an influx of what I call drive by posters, who come to ATS just to post, or quickly read a thread, and don't linger.
It is those of us who get to know each other well who frequent BTS more often than not, and we just seem to prefer mutter over chat.
So come on over to BTS..have some fun, and stutter in mutter.

PS..let's not speak of bannings.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hi Access and all of those who responded. I usually do not go over to BTS but I will give that board another chance. See you there hopefully.

Stari

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
More so then going to Mutter, many have gone over to Skype, as it is a much better medium for relaxed conversation IMHO, and others. It is just more laid back and all, plus some things that are against TAC do not apply there, so you can be your self more, to a certain extent anyways. With that said, there is NOTHING wrong with ATS chat, it is just Skype seems to be a better chat medium IMHO.

Relevant Skype Member Name Thread (if you choose to join
)

Skype Connectivity- For ATS/BTS Members

But Skype has NOTHING(besides all the technogadgets, lol) on ATS in regards to creativity and intelligence

[edit on 11/3/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
Most likely banned, there was a wave of bans not long ago as they are going more mainstream for $$ and a ROI.

Nobody comes here anymore, It's too crowded.

[paraphrase of the great Yogi Berra]

Brilliant observation. You can always make a lot more money by banning people.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Ok then, I guess that answered that. thank you all

By the way jkrog08... I love your avatar.. nice job. Did u make it yourself?

Stari

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join