It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: English Words and Western Voices Heard on Nick Berg Beheading Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Leveller is quite right, the CIA (or any agency) would never have released this. They would have kept their mouths shut until the camera was turned off.

And even if the CIA is behind this, why would they videotape it, and put it on the net?
It doesn't makes sense...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Jesus Christ people. Give the CIA some credit.

A more plausible explanation is that this video is a total fraud and was created by people against the war - just as the UK photographs of prisoner abuse were fabricated.

First off i would suggest you leave jesus out of this altogehter and secondly .....you gotta be kidding me about your above statement.....so nick is still alive ??? and all the smart war protesters or the people in hollywood got together to make this ......?!??!!!
in order to stop the war...???....id like to see if even one person on ATS agrees with this statement .....it has to be one of the all time worst things ive ever heard mentioned here beyond what ive heard children say on here who didnt know better....

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

link   

Yeah, and then you'd speak in English to make sure everyone still believed it, right?

A more plausible explanation is that this video is a total fraud and was created by people against the war - just as the UK photographs of prisoner abuse were fabricated.

Or even more plausible is the fact that this is the real thing and that it was carried out by Islamic extremists.

Umm... i never said it was a fake...just the the motives behind this actual murder were to foreward americas war on terror...to divert attention from the outrageous behaviour of the U.S....a way to help justify this war to keep the public behind them..

real killing....propbably mercs paid by the CIA to carry out the killing in a style that appears to be by islamic radicals...

I still dont understand some peoples logic that this tape was created for the anti-war effort..if anything i think it is the opposite..this is cleary being used to futher and justify this war...this is pro-war propaganda for sure

link   
No. Even the CIA wouldn't screw up that badly.
If you follow the 9/11 theory (personally I don't) it worked because the lie was so enormous.

This is just a small operation that any 10 year old with a video camera and a half assed knowledge of the Middle East could pull off easily.
To those of you with video cameras, ask yourself if you and a couple of friends could make a video like this, and if your target audience was Western and you wanted to give the impression that you were Arab, whether you could pull off a better job? I certainly know that I could and I probably pick up my vidcam about once every two months.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I agree that everyone screws up but when you delibertely publish a video online that wil be analyzed by anyone with a computer you dont screw up. Especially if your CIA. Im hesitant to think its CIA just for the fact i dont think they would make that big of a goof up (or at least hope they wouldnt) but i really think its more than al-queda. I just dont think its goes that high up

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
And even if the CIA is behind this, why would they videotape it, and put it on the net?

Easy. Distraction.

It wouldn't have been that big of a story if there was no actual video evidence of the killing. They needed a BIG distraction in order to shift attention from the abuse scandal. So they released the video online so it could spread all over the world quickly. Oh and by the way... many of the so called Isamic Extremeists websites are fronts for the CIA and MOSSAD.

Create the enemies you need.....

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

my god get a clue!!!!

You cant think of a single reason that the CIA would create and spread this???

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
BUt it wouldnt be worth getting caught or even the chance of being caught just to get some attention of the prisoner abuse. The CIA could care less. I honestly think the bush administration can care less too because logical americans can see its not there faults peronally. Maybe it was a distraction but not for the abuses

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
umm guys what makes you think this is "the original"? Is it not feesable that some teenager from massachusetts downloaded the video added some #ed up audio and dropped into shared folder on kazaa or limewire"?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Not all terrorists speak only Arabic. There's the chance that US sympathizers (Either Iraqi descent, that have lived in the USA for some time, or [shock]non arab[/shock] terrorist/insurgent whatevers) were there filming the video.
I personally can't see anybody with half a brain leaving such a thing on the video if it was made by the CIA.

More likely, the Iraqi insurgorrists did it on purpose so that people WOULD find it and say hey, maybe this is the US's doing - we are so bad, this war is stupid, we're nothing but baby killers and torturers.

I honestly don't know.
I'm not going to watch the video, nor listen to it on principle.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe a few of the people were american, and traitors to the country.

I don't personally think...well make that...I dont want to believe...

That this was all staged by the CIA or the US Gov, I do have a lot of faith in my country eh.

But errr....is most certainly a find that is very newsworthy.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Leveller is quite right, the CIA (or any agency) would never have released this. They would have kept their mouths shut until the camera was turned off.

The cia are humans also and prone to mistakes and theyve made mistakes in the past but i would guess this more likely mossad doing the dirty work and the cia doing the filming.....
They would put it on the net to get americans back into supporting the war after the pictures were released about abu ghraib....theese were released to piss off the arab world to ratchet up the war and keep it going......

its very likely they were in a hurry and reviewed and edited the film thinking they got everything out they wanted to get out and didnt scrutinize it enough to hear there own voices at the very end unless you went thru it with a fine tooth comb like val did ..!!!!

GOOD WORK VAL .!!!!!.....ANYONE WHO DOES WORK LIKE THIS ID KISS THERE ASS IN THE COUNTY SQUARE IN FRONT OF GOD AND THE WORLD

link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
Im hesitant to think its CIA just for the fact i dont think they would make that big of a goof up (or at least hope they wouldnt) but i really think its more than al-queda. I just dont think its goes that high up

Oh so the CIA doesn't screw up eh? Well they certainly screwed up big time with the so called "intelligence" in Iraqi WMD. They screwed up preventing 9/11 (that's if you believe they "didn't" have a hand in it). So the CIA screws up big time.

link   
I have not watched the tape,and I don't intend on it. But before we jump al over the place and start accusing the government,CIA, and screaming bad Americans. It is possible that it could be an Iraqi/terrorist sympathiser from the US. Like John Walker Lynd. The guy caught in Afghanistan fighting with the Tailaban.
Just throwing another option out there to discuss.

[Edited on 5/19/2004 by nyeff]

[Edited on 5/19/2004 by nyeff]

link   

This is just a small operation that any 10 year old with a video camera and a half assed knowledge of the Middle East could pull off easily.
To those of you with video cameras, ask yourself if you and a couple of friends could make a video like this, and if your target audience was Western and you wanted to give the impression that you were Arab, whether you could pull off a better job? I certainly know that I could and I probably pick up my vidcam about once every two months.

what exactly is your point???? your not even talking about the same thing....

If this was made by some anti-war people as you foolishly claim....then why has the government not made a statement about the possibility that its fake???
I dont think its fake...I think its the U.S. government behind those masks..

link   
Great find Valhalla!

Question is, now that you have the find, what do you do with it?

Can't just let it lie. Something needs to be done, and done now.

I doubt any major media will pick this up, but I'm sure Alex Jones or Jeff Rense would. They could be a start.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
To all thoses that ask "what does it mean if this is true?"

My opinion is this: the terrorist group known as Al-Quaida is a puppet in the hand of the CIA and/or another Secret Services Agency (potentially in the hand of an evil secret society that have a major impact/control over the entire world as we know it) and they are just slowly but carefully installing a new world order.

People should read up more on the links between the Bush and the Bin Laden familly. It gets so deep it's simply ridiculous.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I wonder if they ever did an examination to determine the date of his death?
I'd like to know exactly when he died.
He was last heard from by his family on the 10th of April.
His phone was last used on the 19th of April.

The abuse scandal broke on the 28th of April.

His body was found on the 8th of May.

How long had he been dead when they found him?

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I don't personally think...well make that...I dont want to believe...

That this was all staged by the CIA or the US Gov, I do have a lot of faith in my country eh.

Well in the real world the government lies to the people. All the time in fact. We have criminals and the most morally bankrupt people running the country.... that goes for both Democrats and Republicans.

I guess you also believe that JFK was killed by a lone Gunman.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

Can't just let it lie. Something needs to be done, and done now.

I doubt any major media will pick this up, but I'm sure Alex Jones or Jeff Rense would. They could be a start.

I'm sure Jeff Rense would...but with something like this...be cautious. I have faith in my country, and all, but also know that if it is going to upset the gov...they might get all freaky...
no telling what they could do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join