It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Obama? Don't they realize what his ancestors suffered being brought her against

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

Sorry to bring this to you but you have not clue about Obama background history, do you.

Obama was born in the US by his mix parents choice.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie
Don't people understand after the Civil War how 100 years of "Jim Crow" policies affected his family?

Finally we can have a black man that fully embodies the struggle and triumph of black people in America.

ideas like this is what gives Barack Obama a bad taste in people's mouths.
Nobody likes to be called racist, or be told that they owe something to someone because of something that they never did.

Nobody alive today persecuted any of Obama's ancestors. Nobody owes Obama anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by Edrick

where's the humor sir?

Well, if it is an attempt to mock the people who actually take this position, then yes.... it's darned funny.

-Edrick

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Being american president makes you a murderer, do you not think that is enough reason to hate who ever is in the job?

All this rubbish racism, we hated bush too. Alot of us here, do not care for your rubbish left right rubbish.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
He's not black, he's half black.
Fortunate for him if his ancestors WERE brought across as slaves. Because he might otherwise be living in a shack in some dismal African nation instead of being rather rich and very powerful....
Sorry, unfair but couldn't help it. I'm just sick of the ancestors whine. Many nations can go back to a time of oppression. What counts is what people do in the here and now, not what happened to their great great great grand daddy. He has to earn our respect. Sheesh...
ps I do hope people didn't vote for Obama ON ACCOUNT OF HIS COLOUR?

[edit on 4-11-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Somebody please define "Black"...When I think of "Black" I think of someone with African American roots.

Federal law requires that to claim a minority status, you must be at least 1/8 of the descriptor or 12.5%.

Berry is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side. He is 43.75% Arabic, and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side.

His father was officially classified as "Arab African" by the Kenyan government.

Obama's ancestors were enslavers not slaves!

Phil

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

You know, I'm looking forward to the day where a Native American becomes president. I hope that this is celebrated a lot more than some dude that doesn't even know where he was born.

Yes I hope a good Native American runs next time, At least then we would know s/he is an honest to gosh NATIVE born American! With luck they will nopt be in the pocket of the bankers either.... no wait then s/he would not be allowed to run... Oh rats

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Sorry, but too much has been made of Obama. Hes not Jesus Christ himself you know. Obama represents himself mate. At the end of the day, hes a politician, and JUST a politician. The black people are so happy they have a black president that they forget that at the end of the day the guy is a politician, like any other politician. They are all liars, and they are all corrupt. The sad truth is that its time for the black people to get over the past and put it all behind them, That was all a long time ago, and money corrupts no matter what color your skin is! Obamas a globalist for Gods sake.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This post is complete bull#! Obama's family was never brought to America against their will! He has nothing in his background that has anything at all to do with the black struggle in America!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Obama is a pawn of the New World Order, just like Bush. He's hated so much because many people realise he's not going to deliver the change he promised and because some of his views are explicitly contrary to traditional American values. The fact that he has a black parent and is a "Democrat" doesn't change these facts.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
I thought his family was still in Africa and that he had no slave ancestors.
Are you saying that we should love him because he is black and because blacks suffered after the Civil War?

I am not clear on what you mean.

If that is what he's saying, and I assume it is, it's a ridiculous argument.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join