It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Obama? Don't they realize what his ancestors suffered being brought her against

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie
Don't people understand after the Civil War how 100 years of "Jim Crow" policies affected his family?

Finally we can have a black man that fully embodies the struggle and triumph of black people in America.

Muuuuhahahahahahahahahahaha! Ohhh hahahahahaha!

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read.. My god in heaven... President Obama is great because he is half... half... half... half... HALF!!!! Black! But also... Wait for it... HALF WHITE!

Yeah... a person who hates whitey would be perfect for America! Well, if that aint your point then what could President Obama's being half black have to do with his ancestors being slaves or having to deal with the ignorance of yesteryear? I mean to take your argument to its most ridiculous conclusions... President Obama would be the worst President ever because sometimes he hates himself and other times he feels enslaved by his other half... That's right... the entire premise of this thread is totally ridiculous, not to mention hateful/RACIST!

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 3-11-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
First of all obama DID NOT SUFFER okay! Did you know he WAS NOT ALIVE during this time?????????? Second of all, why is this still used against every WHITE person in AMERICA????? My great grandfather came over here, both sides of my family we NOT HERE DURING SLAVERY!!!!!!!!!! So they were NOT HERE DURING THIS!!!!! okay, so you can't blame every white man for this. And third, DID YOU KNOW OBAMA IS HALF WHITE????? So his mother didn't come from slaves and his father was AFRICAN and was only in the US for a couple of years! Don't give me that black/white racial line.
NICE TRY!!!
Why do people still insist on living like this? GET OVER IT!!! There are NO SLAVES NOW.
The funny thing is once the US ended slavery there were slaves still in a number of countries years after. Except, those people GOT OVER IT. They don't still use it as an excuse, that is why the black population in those countries are NOT LIKE THE PEOPLE HERE. They don't live in ghettos and kill eachother and then blame the white man. They pulled through and are better people for it. For some reason a LOT of the black people here want a pitty party and an excuse. GET YOURSELVES out of the ghetto, it is YOUR FAULT NOT every WHITE PERSONS, that you live in the ghetto and are on welfare living with roaches.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I was just thinking and wanted to add.....
obama made a big deal of bring white people and black people together and NOT playing the race card. Yet, that is all he has done and all his supporters have done. He is not bringing this country together, he is making it worse.
If you like obama, you like blacks.
If you disagree with obama you are a racist.
YEAP that is bringing the country together. His administration and himself if playing the race card. Just another promise BROKEN! no surprise there.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
DENY IGNORANCE

The motto of ATS, yet every day when I read through the threads, I seen numerous posts filled with ignorance. This one? Well, I do believe it goes to the very top of my ignorant posts list!

BTW, totally ignorant newbie, I hate Pelosi, Reid, Biden, Schumer, Romney, Gingrich, Bush (both of 'em), Cheney - well, I could go on, but suffice it to say I HATE POLITICIANS! I don't give a rat's behind what color they are. Actually, on my hate list, Obama is pretty far down and it has nothing to do with what color he is.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ummm....my ancestors were Irish and "suffered" as well,some being "removed" from Ireland and were "forced" to either board a ship for the US or work slave-labor when the population needed to be "culled" due to famine.
My paternal great- grandfather had to change his name so he could get a job busting his ass working for the railroad because they HATED the "filthy Irish"in NY at the time and wouldn't have gotten any job if he had not.
I am sooooooo weary about hearing of specific situations/ethnic groups that have "suffered so..."
EVERY person who either left a home-land on their own or had little/no choice "suffered" to some extent.I am not dis-counting "slavery" but please do some reading and you'll find out that MANY have been,still are,and continue to be "slaves" of all ethnic-backgrounds.
Don't even get me started on the plights of women through history and the world...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

If this was an attempt at humor... Well done, Succeeded admirably.

If this was a serious statement... Then I feel sorry for you.

-Edrick

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

where's the humor sir?

is it a dumb joke when someone makes an ignorant statement and we all chuckle a bit and go...woah buddy that was funny you said that because you are SOOO wrong..

or is it supposed to be a joke that he riled up people...

or a joke that he chose to stay away after posting this thread.

or the joke that is made of ATS when posts like this are allowed to stay up?

i signed up here hoping to avoid this BS...but i constantly see it.

i wanna know where that is funny.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There is racist, then there is too un racist. you are too un racist. be balanced my friend. we are all the same.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Don't people understand after the Civil War how 100 years of "Jim Crow" policies affected his family?

Finally we can have a black man that fully embodies the struggle and triumph of black people in America.

Barak Hussain Obama, is the product of a white woman and a man from Nigera.
There is are several things to consider: 1) The person in charge is the one who will get the praise when something goes right and the blame when something goes wrong. 2) Based off of what the President stated, you judge a person by the company he keeps.
People do not hate the President, rather we do not like the policies and the people who are advising the President. When the advisors and people who have the ear of the President are corrupt and immoral, what does that tell you about the President? And the excuse, the other guy did it, just does not wash with most people. Yes we want change, but if you use the excuse the other guy did it, then what is being seen is the same old politics being put forth.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

First of all, I do not hate anyone that I do not know personally. That being said :

To quote that new AJ movie, " with Bush you knew what you were getting... Obama is a smooth talker, and a bright guy... that makes him more dangerous than Bush ever was..."

Although Im certain there are die hard republicans who will hate any democratic pres. despite how black or white or intelligent he is, I think for the first time in a long time people are just fed up with elected officials.

How could anyone, even people who were Obama worshippers, not be pissed when they were promised so much change and transparency, and it seems like so far its business as usual in D.C.

I personally know die hard democrats that are furious that Obama spent so much money in such a short period of time on the corrupt bankers of all people! Cant speak for everyone, but if you're wondering why people hate that man... I think that the financial status of this country, coupled with the fact that Obama has never stopped campaigning and plays more golf than Tiger Woods while the country contiunes to wither away.... anyways its a start.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears

Originally posted by Alxandro
He knows nothing about the ghetto.

That is not exactly true.

He has family members who live in the ghetto in the US and Africa(or whichever country his brother is in).

He knows about it, just never visited them.

Your last point pretty much confirms what I stated originally!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

i never said you hated anyone...please do not insinuate i did.

thank you.

if you are talking about my first post on this thread...i thought it was clear that i meant hate in the meaning of not like...like..."stop hating on me" get it?

[edit on 11/3/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

OK im so sick of people using the "my ancestors were slaves" card. Not one person alive in the unites states today has ever been a slave or will ever be a slave (in the traditional sence). Barack Obama was never a slave and will never be one. Oh and for the record my ancestors were slaves too. Not only that, but most of them were killed when english settlers first came to America. Im talking about Native Americans in case you didnt catch on. My ancestors did all the suffering and you will never see me asking for reparation. And if someone hates obama im positive that telling that person that Barack Obama's ancestors were slaves wouldnt sway their judgement.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
first off he is not "his people" nor is he "his ancestors" none of those policies afflicted that man. what did afflict that man is being called *insert degrading mixed racial line here* by his white family that he grew up with instilling hate in his heart for even his own blood. He loves money, that's why he is the president of course, its buisness as usual in the white house, don't you get it all the presidents since the installment of the FED have been black, not their skin color, but their hearts... *SNIP* his skin color I HATE THE WHITE PART OF HIM!!! IF HE WAS BLACK, LIKE ME, I MIGHT HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR HIM.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by alien]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No point in reading the whole thread (My apologies) because it is based on the greatest non-sequitur of all times - the assumption that the majority of people hate Obama because of the color of his skin. Whereas they probably are some bigots out there who simply detest him because he appears black (He is NOT black, by the way - he is Mulatto - having both a white and a black parent!), the vast majority do not "hate Obama" per se. No, the vast majority of us hate Obama's policies, political philosophies and narcissism.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes His ancestors, not him.

He himself did not suffer. he was never a slave. he was never whipped. he wasnt beaten half to death just for refusing to work for free.

He was put into a good shcool, was brought up in the modern world. and became president.

My grandfathers were war heroes. does that make me one too?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Anyone care to read OP's signature?

Of course it's an attempt to rile you up.....and it worked!

Brilliant!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Who hates him? It is his politics I don't like. I think that is true of most people. His skin color does not matter. He is destroying our system.

To lay a guilt trip on people for what was done long before they were born is ludicrous. What you are doing here is far worse than not liking a President for his politics. You are labeling people out of unfounded hatred. You need to look into a mirror.

Obama got a free ride through Harvard on the system's dime. Poor fellow. He is rich; again, poor fellow. He is so abused. He was elected President of the United States by mostly White voters. What a terrible way to treat him!

As for me, my family never owned a slave or participated in anything like that. I'm White but I married a Black Woman and my Daughter is the same race as Obama. Should I hide my head in shame because I think Obama's politics are bad for our country?

Face it, the race card is a loosing hand. Those days are over and only people stuck in the past, who are the problem, play it these days. Or, are you just fishing for flags and stars?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!
I just read your signature.
Sober up or drink less coffee; whichever is the problem.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Barack Obama was born at Kapi'olani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States,[4] to Stanley Ann Dunham,[5] an American of predominantly English descent from Wichita, Kansas,[6] and Barack Obama, Sr., a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya Colony.

Most of the low numbers of slaves from kenya were sold to other african nations. the majority of slaves used in the states were from west and south africa. Of course if you want to highlight his English ancestry, you could make a case for his ancestors being part of the slave trade in south Africa as facilitators, and you could just as easy blame him as you are trying to say he was some sort of victim.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join