It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bold Plan for the Mass Adoption of Electric Cars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Very cool idea, some big implications. He basically says that if we cant become completely free of our oil dependence in the next 4 years, the us will be no more. He then explains a pretty simple solution to the problem. Check it out!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Fresh doom, excellent. Yeah, if we cannot be off oil in 4 years we will cease to exist. Yeah, I believe that. I have some ocean front property over here in Wisconsin for you. Rock bottom price, only 3.531234 million per acre.

An oil shortage is a lie. More oil in Alaska, Montana, South Dakota than in all oil reserves in the world. We are just not allowed to touch it.

THE SHEEPLE MUST AWAKEN!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I will have to guess you meant in the rest of the world.

This is one respect where I agreed with the administrations of reagan and bush sr. It makes sense to hold ours and save it and deplete the middle east. If it is possible to actually use more then they can produce this might lead to a slow economic death of the powers. If one day they discover they can't supply the world's oil, they become deserts with no death grip on the world economy.

It might not make sense, as we allow them to fluctuate, but if you believe peak oil can be surpassed then the long term strategy may make more sense.

edit, sorry i completely failed to address the op, my apologies. I don't believe we have but four years. It seems like a scare tactic. Viable alternative energy should be sold with it's many selling points and not by fear. I support any advancement in alternative energies.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Seiko]

new topics

join