It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead body found in Crivitz cemetery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
(since I do not have a link for a news source YET, this post does not make it "breaking news"... ergo, it is a current event... please relocate if necessary)

Crivitz Wisconsin is in the news again. This time, it doesn't involve an inverted flag... oh no... but rather a rather silly sounding situation.

The Crivitz police received a tip regarding a body that was buried within the local cemetery, a body, the unidentified person stated, that was there for eight years.

So, naturally, the police had the body dug up (which was located next to a headstone) and sent to the state examiner to determine if the corpse belonged or not.

Officer Craig said on Action 2 News this very evening that the body might in fact belong where it was, but that steps had to be taken to ensure that that was indeed the corpse that belonged there.

So... a dead body, buried in a cemetery plot, within a cemetery, for 8 years. A mysterious call, announcing this to the police days before Halloween. A grave exhumed.

I understand that police have to follow up on things... but this? And, even though Marinette County does seem to be the dumping ground for murder victims, those remains are usually tossed in the woods or swamp; to bury someone like this, it would be more "local"... and, according to the police, there aren't any missing persons from about the time frame of this recent case.

If I may point out: if this body truly doesn't belong, I'd hunt the person who made the call. Who else would know about this other than the perpetrator?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you'll probably find a lot of dead bodies in cemeteries. Well, may you won't exactly *find* them, unless you dig them up. So yeah, finding a dead body in the cemetery doesn't sound all that shocking.

Now, if you found one of those walking around, that would be something. Especially if it tried to suck your blood or something. That's the sort of thing you really want to avoid.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The police did the only thing they could do. They dug up the plot.

Imagine if they hadn't and the person who called it in went to the press, they run a story, the cops are forced to dig up the plot and the body didn't belong there.

Whether the body belongs there or not, the caller needs to be found.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Ill be willing to bet they will find more bodies in that cemetery. Probably fiendishly marked with similar headstones.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I simply can't get over the fact that a dead body was actually found in a cemetery.

I mean, what's next?

Communists in the White House?

new topics

top topics

join