It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Plus game has you kiss and say I love you to virtual girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sooner or later it's coming.

The streets will be empty when people are able to have virtual sex with simulated beings or they are able to travel to France while sitting in their living room.

Love Plus is a new Japanese dating simulation for the Nintendo DS that requires a fair amount of interaction between you and your simulated date. Including kissing?

Having selected a virtual girlfriend (let's say Rinko), you're supposed to engage her interest in real time, by taking her out on dates and planning things together. She may be shy at first, sending you mixed signals about your relationship with her. Eventually, thought, if you play the game right, the two of you become more intimate. In an interview about the game, Koh, a married man, answers some questions:

Q: Koh, what do you and Rinko do together?

Koh: OK, this is pretty embarrassing. The DS has a mic and a touchscreen, so... one time, she asked me to say "I love you" a hundred times into the mic. I was on the airplane when she asked me that, so I was like, no way. There was also this part where you have to hold her hand on the touchscreen. If you touch her hand with the stylus, you get to hold her hand. And then there's the part where you have to kiss her.

Q: Did you do it?

Koh: No, no! The girl's face shows up on the screen, and you have to touch her lips to give her a kiss. That's pretty weird.... this is embarrassing. I'm sweating right now just talking about it.

www.technovelgy.com...

Here's a video advertising the game.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain that if you play this game, you condemn yourself to die a virgin.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
I'm fairly certain that if you play this game, you condemn yourself to die a virgin.

LOL, you might be right.

Here's more:

During that one week in Tokyo, Koh found himself fully committed to his virtual relationship with Rinko, a pouty, hard-ass high school girl who hung out at the library. The relationship was formal at first, consisting of awkward whispered conversations in which she sent mixed signals and called him by his last name. As things got more heated, though, she started calling him Kohichi (calling someone by the first name still carries a degree of intimacy in Japan) and became more demanding of his attention. "I felt like I might get sucked into this world," Koh, who is an engineer at a major game manufacturer by day, tells me. "It's not like any dating sim with young girls in it becomes a hit, but this one is really well-made."

An article posted on a Japanese tech site in September told the story of several women who had complained on an online bulletin about how their family lives were disrupted by husbands addicted to Konami's hit game. Last weekend, I invited Koh and Yurie over to my house to talk about Koh's virtual relationship with Rinko, and how — if at all — it had impacted their real world husband-and-wife dynamic.

www.boingboing.net...

People are getting hooked on these virtual girls.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
why are you people so shoked? these days there are alot ot nice guis,who dont get ANY attention from the ladies,its expected from them to seek games,atleast the girls in the game wont be that ^#^# hard XD
sad to say the least,i blame the girls.
have u seen a game for women? no? couse they can get sex when they want?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

have u seen a game for women? no? couse they can get sex when they want?

LOL!!!!
AWESOME way of putting it!

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
No surprise there at all really, dating sims are actually quite popular over in Japan. Never quite got them myself, but I guess if a niche exists somebody will eventually find and fill its needs. In terms of games and interacting in an intimate way there are far far worse games that I can't even mention here on BTS without breaching the T&C, but lets just say this is small time compared to what is already out there.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You know it gets bad when you start marrying them...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Koh: No, no! The girl's face shows up on the screen, and you have to touch her lips to give her a kiss. That's pretty weird.... this is embarrassing. I'm sweating right now just talking about it.

He ought to move in with that guy who made his own "sexbot"...

They never watched Futurama...."Don't Date Robots!"...

In an interview about the game, Koh, a married man, answers some questions:

What wife would condone this???

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
so if im already married does that mean im cheating? wait does marrying a Sim count as real marriage?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'm pretty certain Japanese are obsessed with virtual girls. What's up with that? First that Japanese dude marries a video game girl now this? What's going on?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i seriously dont know,i though asian girls were one of the best a man could dream to marry. theyr more nice and love you,i dont think an asian girl would cheat on a man so easily.i guess they got bored from all the hot women they have.
but to tell you the truth i preffer playing that game,instead of going out with the emo girl who will just ruin my day.
its all about evolution and fullfiling needs man XD

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is sick! just pure sickness!!!

I will download it to make sure its as sick as imagined...may take a few months to fully explore the sickness...and of course any upgrades/mods made...I mean, would hate to just assume...

top topics

join