It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'simulates' nuclear attack on Poland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm

During WW2 many people thought it was going to be the end of the world, well was it?

For many millions who died and those who suffered it was about as close to the end of the world as it possibly could be.

The world will never end

Maybe not for another 5 billion years.
Even if humans wiped each other out 11 times with all our nuclear arsenals, the earth wouldn't be destroyed or end, but only the extremely toughest lifeforms would survive.

there are external forces in play, but there's a bigger picture than that as well.

I hope you're right, and you never know.... we could be a protected and endangered species from ET's perspective.

The Earth Is A Movie.

Are we all actors as well?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
whats all this hatin' on poland coming from?

the other day a US nvy ship opened fire (:@@

now this?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Given that US/UK run exercises like Joint warrior, is it a surprise that Russia wouldn't do the same?.. I am just surprised we don't hear more about Chinese ones.

Just look a Taurus 09s 09 the US/UK./French etc were practising landing troops all the way from Cyprus to the Far East.. Not to mention the other myriad of exercises that are currently running including the missile defence ones in Israel.

It appears to me to be one of those who can p*ss highest games.. I just hope it remains a game.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Actually yes we are all actors, but there's a deeper meaning to what I'm saying.

It's a movie because we create it with our minds.

The Collective Mind makes the decision for global events, which is also another reason for why humans will Never become extinct. It is just not possible.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

The western exercises doesn't pit entire alliances with several nuclear countries on one side VS one large nuclear country on the other.

And since when does these western exercises openly express the use of nuclear weapons, especially on a neighbouring country whose inhabitants spent almost 50 years living under their tyrannical communist dictatorships?

This is not just any old war games exercise, the context is behind it expresses nostalgic desires to re-enact the 1939 invasion of Poland.

And why are some people here so dismissive and indifferent about the historical past of Eastern Europe?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Very good points, John, and I am in agreement with you. Poland has lived under the tyrannical regimes of both Nazi Germany and the former Soviet Union for a period of over 50 years. I suppose, that is how the west repays their debt of gratitude to the Polish for stopping Bolshevik expansion into Western Europe, as result of, their victory during Polish/Soviet War 1918-1919. They repaid them, by letting Nazi Germany invade and install a brutal occupation, and after the war, they were repaid, once again, by another brutal occupation under Joseph Stalin and the Soviets. So, yes, Poland has had a history of being thrown under the bus by so called "friends," of the West. Then the recent scrapping of the missile defense system by the Obama Administration, amid tough-talk and threats by the Russian Federation, is just another example.

I look at this latest foray by the Russians as a foreshadowing of what may come, if Poland remains independent of Russian influence and clout. Given the track record of Russian relations with Poland, it can be safe to assume, that this recent exercise is a threat. What makes this even worse, is that a nuclear strike was included, and it was specifically aimed at Poland.

This was a threat to a former Russian satellite to tone down continued partnership with Western Europe(EU) and the United States. It is clear as day. Once again, it looks as though, the tiny nation of Poland, looks down the barrel of a Russian gun, alone, and as the rest of the world watches.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The real target is Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I agree this is not some old cold war games, what I was trying to put across is that in this world of escalating political tensions, we are escalating our military exercises, scenarios involving multiple nuclear armed states aimed at taking out sovereign nations and supporters of terrorism (including nuclear capable terrorists) exercises to prove we can defend against missile attack, alongside exercises to demonstrate we have the attack capability and are able put our troops where we wish..

I see a lot of those scenarios aimed at sending a message to Iran (that's my personal opinion)

So Russia has responded with Naval Exercises with Iran, and this one shouting out that we can attack and cripple Poland.

There is in my opinion an enormous ramping of this type of posturing, if you attack Iran we attack Poland.. It's all threat and counter threat which I find rather worrying as this last one is probably the least subtle one so far.

Again I still hope this all remains a game, since I feel when it stops being a game we are stuck in the middle of a potential world war.

Edit to add: I grew up with very close family friends who ended up walking from Poland to England to escape the last time.. so I am certainly of the view that I would not like to see Poland let down again.

[edit on 3/11/09 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Its reported here;

www.thenews.pl...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
But theres a sheduled meeting in Poland this week from Belarus presidents right hand man.

www.thenews.pl...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Maybe this was part 2 of this one;

www.globalpost.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Let them come.. Europe will throw back the communist dogs. Their troops are some of the most under equipped, under funded and udner trained armies in modern times.

Keep Poland secure and don't let it fall and Russia loses quickly.. that is unless they are cowards and use nukes. But only a idiot would ever use a nuke on another nation with nuclear ties.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by Now_Then

Let them come.. Europe will throw back the communist dogs. Their troops are some of the most under equipped, under funded and udner trained armies in modern times.

Keep Poland secure and don't let it fall and Russia loses quickly.. that is unless they are cowards and use nukes. But only a idiot would ever use a nuke on another nation with nuclear ties.

They a formidable force and are not considered in way you have chosen to describe them in your post.

Just a quick note, see response rate and mobilization accompanied by civilians who enlisted in 36 hours upon the Georgian incident. Its frightening to say the least.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by tristar]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Thats exactly why Putin increased defence spending by more than 800% when he was president-he looks like being more reliant on nukes than troops or tanks.
Dont suppose he will be too worried about aftermaths....the Kremlin have their escape route and evil mountain command centre-built with dollars to retreat to.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

Sounds like someone is quite brave behind a keyboard - Ivan is not now, nor has ever been a push over... Apart from the fact that on an individual basis the Russians are a solid sort of people, en masse their tactics are really good... Aggressive, patient, smart - Russia aint all vodka swilling farmers handed an AK47, but don't mess with the vodka swilling farmers either

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
Being worried has never done anyone any Good.

You sit and watch the story unfold.

NOTHING will happen Mark My Words...

The world has gone through worse times. During WW2 many people thought it was going to be the end of the world, well was it?

The world will never end because there are external forces in play, but there's a bigger picture than that as well.

The Earth Is A Movie.

The time will come, and Everyone will realize that.

PS. You can't physically prove something that's not physical, but within the next several months, everyone will see the Truth.

You mean like how the Aliens came down and saved the millions of jews from being murdered by hitler?

Sorry but you failed

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oh my, poor dear old Poland. I guess this now means that Poland will inevitably be invaded by Russia, and nuked for old times sake. Oh and Baltics too - they will also be invaded, just because they always do. And Belgium. Who, oh who will come to the defense of freedom loving Poles? Oh right, the US is already there.

See reality is like this:

It is normal, and in fact standard procedures for countries to hold military exercises. Military exercises usually simulate a wide range of diverse scenarios, even unlikely ones, especially concerning potential enemies. Poland is part of NATO, which is a potential opponent of Russia. Poland also happens to be the closest large NATO member to Russia, bordering it at Kaliningrad. Thus a scenerio involving Poland is plausible for conducting military exercises in Russia.

See how simple it is? No evil invasion plans, no hostile intent, no reason for Poland to be too concerned. Poland chose to be a member of NATO, knowing perfectly well that this would make it a potential opponent of Russia. The Poles have nothing to fear though as members of NATO, and they know it. The only reason these exercises are being publicized and politicized, is because some interest groups stand to gain something from it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
As already stated, this is merely another political ploy by Russia to apply pressure on its rivals, and to flex the old bear muscles. Seriously though what we should watch for now is any subsequent changes in how their military operates, budget cuts or new funding, and if this really makes a dent in the geopolitical sphere of Eastern Europe. An operation of this size will surely display (though not publicly of course...) weaknesses in the chain of command, technology, and coalition cohesion (Belarus), while also dusting off the strengths of the combined arms of the Russian Military.

World War 3 most certainly will not be started over another invasion of Poland, there is to much at stake economically in that region. Especially the Ukraine and other former USSR satellites. Already mentioned several times, but I'm going to say it again since I have another 3121 characters to kill, North Atlantic Treaty Organization is the worlds most powerful Intergovernmental Military Alliance. Poland has little to worry about, in fact they should be laughing at the thought of an invading Russia. Russia is more or less just another economic powerhouse in the region, and would rather play off against China and the European Union in trade then endeavor in full scale war (Georgia was a one sided joke of a border dispute between pawn states...). Besides even though its part of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, China will maintain a firm grip on Russia's leash.

Oh yeah, Russia is no longer a communist regime...
Both a few of our fellow ATS members, and even the news article seem to be under the impression that the Russian Federation still has its "Red Army". Though I guess it makes no difference seeing that most of their uniforms have never changed

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Latvia,unhappy at these war games-are planning a few of their own next year.

translate.google.com... sl=ru&tl=en&history_state0

Latvia is ready to resist the aggression of Russia
Время публикации: 10 ноября 2009 г., 11:06 Time of publication: November 10, 2009, 11:06

Летом будущего года на территории Латвии пройдут масштабные военные учения, которые станут своеобразным ответом совместным российско-белорусским учениям, которые проходил месяц назад, сообщает Nekā Personīgā. In the summer of next year in Latvia will be large-scale military exercises, which will be a unique response to the Russian-Belarusian joint exercises, which took place a month ago, said Nekā Personīgā.

Месяц назад в Беларуси прошли крупнейшие за последние 30 лет учения, в которых приняли участие 6000 российских военнослужащих, 200 танков, 500 бронетранспортеров, 230 единиц артиллерийской техники, несколько сотен самолетов и вертолетов. A month ago in Belarus were the largest in the last 30 years of teaching, which was attended by 6000 Russian troops, 200 tanks, 500 armored personnel carriers, 230 pieces of artillery equipment, hundreds of planes and helicopters.

Маневры, которые продолжались около трех недель, вызвали беспокойство стран Балтии на высшем политическом уровне, поскольку, по мнению балтийских источников и независимых наблюдателей, российские и белорусские войска отрабатывали сценарий отражения атаки на Калининградскую область. The maneuvers, which lasted about three weeks, caused concern among the Baltic countries at the highest political level, because, according to the Baltic sources and independent observers, Russian and Belarusian troops worked through the scenario of reflection attacks in the Kaliningrad region.

По данным Nekā Personīgā, незадолго до учений латвийский разведывательный самолет пересекал воздушное пространство Беларуси, фиксируя расположение воинских частей. According Nekā Personīgā, shortly before the exercises Latvian reconnaissance aircraft crossing the airspace of Belarus, fixing the location of military units. Проведение таких полетов раз в год разрешено властями Беларуси. Conducting such flights per year allowed by the Belarusian authorities. Информацию о проходивших в это же время вблизи восточных границ Латвии и Эстонии учениях «Ладога 2009» получить не удалось. For information on passing at the same time near the eastern border of Estonia and Latvia exercises "Ladoga 2009" could not be obtained.

«Сценарий был таким: территория Беларуси была разделена на две части, произошло столкновение, и силы фактически должны были сформировать коридор между Калининградом и Россией по территории Литвы. "The scenario was this: the territory of Belarus was divided into two parts, the collision occurred, and the forces actually had to form a corridor between Kaliningrad and Russia on the territory of Lithuania. Таким был сценарий, и страны Балтии использовались как плацдарм», — заявил передаче министр обороны Латвии Имант Лиегис. This was the scenario, and the Baltic countries were used as a springboard, "- said the transfer of the Minister of Defense of Latvia Imants Liegis.

Несмотря на то, что официальные власти Москвы и Минска скрывают детали сценария, латвийские вооруженные силы готовят свой ответ этим учениям, отмечает Nekā Personīgā. Despite the fact that the authorities in Moscow and Minsk conceal details of the scenario, the Latvian armed forces were preparing their response to these teachings, notes Nekā Personīgā. На маневры, которые пройдут летом 2010 года, предусмотрено финансирование. In the maneuvers, which will be held in the summer of 2010, provided funding. Пока неизвестно, какие вооруженные силы и в каком количестве примут участие в маневрах. It is still unknown what the armed forces and how many will take part in the maneuvers.

Отдел мониторинга Monitoring Department

[edit on 10-11-2009 by martin3030]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
removed post - sorry!

[edit on 10/11/2009 by Now_Then]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join