It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former spy killed outside Putin office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Former spy killed outside Putin office

www.news.com.au

GUNMEN shot dead a former KGB spy turned basketball tycoon in his car yesterday a few hundred metres from the Moscow office of Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, officials said.
More than 20 shots were fired at Kalmanovic's Mercedes from a silver Lada a few hundred metres from the White House, the seat of Russia's Government headquarters, state Russian television channel Vesti reported.
Kalmanovic spent five years in an Israeli prison for passing secret military technology to the KGB before being released in 1993, state media reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm not completely caught up with Russian current events but I thought this article was pretty strange. It's interesting as to how many celebrities become spy recruits.

Futhermore, this type of 'hit' can only mean that tensions are increasing. I'm just not informed enough about that region to give proper insight. Anyone have any speculations?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-11-2009 by patmac]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

Double agent maybe, message being sent to the powers at be, his murder was a sign to all, that allegiance is to the one true leader of Russia and we offer you his head for validation.

Then again what do i know.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Current events are quite interesting. This was a hit on the guy, he had multiple commercial interests on top of the intelligence connection speculation. There is lots of action in Dagestan region, with highest local govt command being assasinated in the last couple of months. I suppose theres a big war going on under the radar...where all sides realize the dire situation in the world and do the power grab. They are fighting bitterly all over the world, as you hear wealthy ppl being killed left and right....I wouldn't think any of them are truly innocent, so perhaps its all for the best. Except for that one last guy left standing with consolidated power.
I am russian btw.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
May want to turn your gaze to the Russian mafia a.k.a. Bratva. They are not very fond of KGB spies, former or even FSB current. KGB had a nasty history of shaking them down. Maybe it is time for a little retribution.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by patmac

Double agent maybe, message being sent to the powers at be

He was an Israeli - Russian double agent. It's been left out in this news and usually in most western news sites, but in my country it's been clearly stated. He was a double agent, worked for Israel and Russia.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Kalmanovic apparently invited mafia boss Vyascheslav Ivankov (Yaponchik) to his daughter's wedding.

Former KGB spy shot dead in Moscow

Lurking in the background, however, were more shady connections. According to the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, Kalmanovic invited Russia's notorious mafia boss Vyascheslav Ivankov to his daughter's wedding.

Yaponchik was shot on July 28, 2009 (he died on October 9), just a couple of days after Mogilevich (and Nekrasov) was released from prison.

top topics

join