It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Yahweh the Supreme Creator or an Evil God?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Is God good or evil?

Who is evil? If a president orders its military to invade a nation beased on a lie. And the people who serve in the military knows its a lie. WHo is doing the evil?

It's not one or the other, it's both. The liar and those who didn't care to knowingly act on the lie.

God is not a liar though. God is light and there is no darkness in him (1 John 1:5 )

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Completely true. The quotes I mean. Talk to your dad who is forever above you more sincere than you can talk to your father, mother brother or sister. Talk to him like you think but with pure of heart, soul, mind and body.

All else is gibberish unless you're informing your neighbour

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
"The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works." - Psalm 145:8-9

God is a good God.

Yahweh is not evil just because humans may have misunderstood him. If the Bible declares that The Lord is full of compassion not once but many times, and by multiple prophets then we know who is really in error (those who claim he isn't - those who are getting tricked by in-compassionate beings pretending to be God/Yahweh).

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: winterkill
Obviously this "creator" is a total fukkup, then.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: malmanomar

God is The Spirit and The Spirit gives Life.

the adversary (also known as satan) is against The Spirit.

God, The Spirit, Life gave free-will for the adversary to be death instead of life and the force of the adversary is now influencing this physical realm.

Each human has a choice to choose death or life, love or peace

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Galatians 6:8
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

The Spirit is Love

1 John 4:7-8
"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sylvie

Isn't there something in the T&C's about quoting too much material from an outside source?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Is God good or evil?

Who is evil? If a president orders its military to invade a nation beased on a lie. And the people who serve in the military knows its a lie. WHo is doing the evil?

Why do we always blame the presiden for all the evil we do for him?
Why do we blame God for all the evil we do?

Yep we pretty much stand by and let evil happen, despite all the internet raging and real life protests (if such exist).

That's the way it goes

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Based on my study of the bible, the nag hammadi texts, and other mystical works, here is my theory.

The Mother/Father God interacted and a spark called the autogenes or Christ consciousness was created.

This androgenous creation was given charge to create and oversee all.

Four realms were created and leaders were put in charge of each.

Each realm had Three additional sub-realms with leaders in charge of each. (Total realms and sub-realms so far is:1+ 4 + 12 = 17 )

Somewhere in one of these sub-realms, yaldabaoth (aka. The error, The demiurge, chief archon, Yahweh, satan) was created from Sophia. This being was imperfect and was cast out the realm.

This being, ignorant of the existence of the mother/father God went out and created a reality to mirror that which he had seen.

This is the enclosed flat earth system, complete with a firmament (dome) to keep us from leaving.

Lifetime after life time we recycle back into this terrarium unaware of the deception played upon us by Yahweh.

At a certain point in time mother/father God assisted Sophia to reclaim the power that Yaldabaoth stole from her. She struck him down and he was replaced by one of his sons, Sabaoth, with the charge not to be like his father.

I believe that Jesus/Yeshua's mission was to show us how to get out of the terrarium, that we might leave this counterfeit world and return to the realms of the true Mother/Father/Christ.

In this material world there are many distractions that keep us from knowing our creator. Deception blinds us from the truth.

If such a thing as original exists it would be that we were deceived by Satan.

Therefore, in order to be redeemed,we need to stop being deceived.

posted on Apr, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FCR1320

I was hesitant to revive an old thread but the OP has made a very interesting proposition. Unfortunate that the OP has not posted a reply or shared her thoughts.

------

This is my take:

Y*baoth (Yhwh) created Adam and our world from glimpses of the First Man and glimpses of the plane of existence created by the True Power/God/whatever (the Forefather). He does this in order to understand this True God.

And so he placed himself as the one and only jealous "God" of his creation. Some of his angelic creation (s*tan and his cohorts) rebelled, wanting to become like Y*baoth (Yhwh). This is the same pattern Y*baoth has in wanting to understand the True God.

So YB/YHWH cast s*tan down and more angels fell later, and created the Neph***m from intercourse with human women.

This war rages on (between YHWH/Y*baoth and s*tan).

Finally, the True God sent his representative/son/whatever Jesus to call unto himself those of us who will listen, repent (metanoia: change our mind), and follow Him/Jesus.

Those of us who are wedded to the world (materialism, etc etc) will be under the jurisdiction of the law. These souls will continue to reincarnate/purgatory/whatever, seeking to better their conditions in their next life.

When the judgement day comes, those of us who truly follow Jesus will follow him. Those of us who don't, will be judged according to the law.

------------

gnosis.org...

This is what Jesus says after He was raised from the dead, before He rose to heaven:

"I came from First Who Was Sent, that I might reveal to you Him Who Is from the Beginning, because of the arrogance of Arch-Begetter (Y*baoth/Yhwh) and his angels, since they say about themselves that they are gods. And I came to remove them from their blindness, that I might tell everyone about the God who is above the universe."
edit on 22-4-2016 by questt because: Edit

edit on 22-4-2016 by questt because: Edit

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

There is no Lucifer or similar character in Sophian Gnosticism.

You asked is Yahweh evil but you answered your own question when you said he commits and orders atrocities.

And hence the reason for the belief that Yahweh is evil. Christianity attempts to assign all evil to Satan but in the OT Satan is subservient and Yahweh takes the credit for evil and good so they have an illogical theology and basically ignore Satan's role in the OT and Yahweh's by falsely interpreting Isaiah and inventing Lucifer out of a mystical reinterpretation of 2 passages in the OT that have been proven beyond doubt not to be about an angelic being and about human kings.

So no Lucifer in Judaism, Christianity or Gnosticism and no Satan in Gnosticism.

Gnosticism doesn't have a canonical theological consistency it is a mixture of ideas and religions. The only thing that is consistent is the Demiurge who is based off of the god of Israel but has a different mythology.

The true God is unknowable and inneffable and called the Self Begotten one and Infinite Aeon and is based off Zurvan and is similar to Ein Soph of the Kabbalah.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Lucifer was The Bringer of Light and, like Mary Magdalen was made into an enemy to give the religious someone to both hate/despie and fight against. If religion had no enemies it wouldn't exist would it?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This is actually a vey good Gnostic thread. Not all the way don't but the OP started some good sh!t.

Coomba98

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CapstonePendulum

There is no Lucifer or similar character in Sophian Gnosticism.

YES! I have just finished my first reading of the Apocrypha of John and this was the odd thing. Satan is THE MAIN ADVERSARY in Christianity, but the Apocrypha of John, one of the main Gnostic texts, Satan is not mentioned at all. Very suspicious. I have not read other gnostic texts, but I will. If the rest also doesn't mention (or downplays) Lucifer or Satan, then my conviction that Gnosticism is false will become stronger.

This is what I Read, Apocrypha of John translated by Stevan Davies:
www.gnosis.org...

As a Christian I know that Satan has downplayed his role in our world. In fact Fr Gabriel Amorth, the chief exorcist of the Vatican, commented that one of Satan's most successful projects is that he has managed to convince most of humanity that he doesn't exist. That there are even priests in the Catholic faith that doesn't believe in Satan (see link at end of post, search for "exist", I think it's the second or third occurence of "exist" on the page).

So the fact that Gnosticism downplays the role of Lucifer/Satan (not even there?) speaks to me that it is most likely false doctrine (could be divinely inspired, but which "divinity" ? Satan and his cohorts can appear divine if he wants to). I know for a fact that there are principalities (my uncle is a medium, had interesting conversations with him as a Christian), and that they can teach, inspire actions or thoughts in others. In fact some say that Gnosticism claims that Lucifer is "The Light" that sits above YHWH, our creator. www.overlordsofchaos.com...

So, I became interested in Gnosticism (one reason is the original post by the OP), read some texts, become more interested, read some more, but at the end I conclude that it is possibly false doctrine.

originally posted by: CapstonePendulum

So no Lucifer in Judaism, Christianity or Gnosticism and no Satan in Gnosticism.

No Satan in Gnosticism seems consistent with what I read.

But No Lucider in Judaism, Christianity? Can you clarify this comment?

----------------

This is the full index of the Nag Hammadi texts:
www.gnosis.org...

Fr Amorth, Chief Exorcist of Vatican interview:
www.dailycatholic.org...
edit on 24-4-2016 by questt because: edit

edit on 24-4-2016 by questt because: edit

edit on 24-4-2016 by questt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Even if Satan does exist, as the "Adversary", he stands to test us as he did Job. So he still works into God's plan.

I think some of the ideas have merit (plus it's rather amusing to consider the nation of Israel "Yaldabaoth's People"). I was unaware of the 1945 discovery of the Nag Hammadi library till I came across this topic a few days ago; that is enormously fascinating.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
That is not what Muslims believe. We actually believe other monotheistic religion followers can make it too. Depends on the person and their deeds/what kind of person they are.
a reply to: Maddogkull

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Yes Yahweh is not good. All part of the Subliminal Suggestion we call 'Illusion' here.

Cheers my friend

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJS4life
That is not what Muslims believe. We actually believe other monotheistic religion followers can make it too. Depends on the person and their deeds/what kind of person they are.
a reply to: Maddogkull

The god of Mohamad is Satan and is not God.

You have been deceived into thinking you can slay innocent people and that is pleasing to your god.

Jesus was God in the flesh and bore the sins of all of us so we could all come to know God.

Nobody is perfect in deeds so we are saved by Gods grace so no man may boast.

If you want proof your god is Satan written in your Quran and backed by the Holy Bibles scriptures on who Satan is....

God wants us all to know Him personally and you can to, not to be a dead sacrifice to Allah or killing stealing raping etc, Christ already died for you and to be a living sacrifice for Him.

Christ, the Way the Truth and the Life, Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Notice your god hates the name King of Kings in your Quran seen in the above vid, plus tonnes more.

John 14:5-7King James Version (KJV)

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
1 John 2:21-23King James Version (KJV)

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

www.biblegateway.com...:5-7&version=KJV

The the false prophet Mohamad comes 600 odd years later and denies Christ died on the cross and rose three days later, in your Quran, who hates the Jews Christians or anyone who doesn`t worship him.

It is on Christs return that he flattens all the ME Islamic countries, for all the wrong they have done to His people and His land Israel, which is spoken of in the Bible.

edit on 24-6-2016 by gps777 because: added a verse

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Even if a deity was evil is that bad?

What if a deity was born and people violated it constantly as it was growing up and forced it to perceive their filth?

By doing so everything it could ever perceive would remind it of all the cruelty done to it.

If I were a deity and perceived this species I'd probably terrorize you all for amusement.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Most Gnostics believe that Yaldaboath aka the demiurge/egregore thought form wants people to believe that the old testament and the new testament are completely different from each other but they are not, and it is only a trick! A trick to get you to believe/worship Yaldaboath aka the demiurge/egregore thought form as the true and only god! Sethian Gnostists-not Setians believe pretty much everything you posted.

Sethians also believe that our spirit is trapped in the flesh because Yaldaboath aka the demiurge/egregore thought form wants our spirits that Yaldaboath aka the demiurge/egregore thought form lost that he or it breathed into Adam (Yaldaboath aka the demiurge/egregore thought form are said to lack a spirit). They also believe that oneness/unity with god, the universe etc etc is also a trap! If this is true, then spirituality and its teachings of oneness and non duality is also a trap! Sethians also say that reincarnation is a control system of Yaldaboath aka the demiurge/egregore thought form to keep us in line towards his or it's agenda!

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Pseudonaut

Correct

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join