It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Yahweh the Supreme Creator or an Evil God?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sylvie

I feel like my religious journey is fairly close to yours. I had a Christian upbringing, began to ask questions, looked into other religions, followed and prayed to Hindu Gods for awhile, then ended up talking to Jesus again. The whole thing confuses me and I just wish I could get a definite answer to make my mind sit right, but I think it's like The Secret Book of John says about him being unfathomable. Reading through the OT and NT gives you a different feeling right? The OT God was vengeful and picked favorites, I don't think a God would be that way. Let me rephrase that; I am just Human so truly i know nothing of him/her, but if he/she is like the OT God (and this may be blasphemy and I'm sorry if I offend) then I want nothing to do with him/her. When reading the NT, I get such a sense of compassion from Jesus, and the way he speaks of his father.

We also have to take into account that all religious experiences and scripture is "tainted" by Humans in some way. The Bible was written down by Humans, Translated by Humans, Changed by Humans to serve political purposes...the list goes on. Even a personal religious experience is tainted by your own thoughts and dulled by memory. How do we know the truth?

(post by RobertPaulson515 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is Above Top Secret. You should know by just being here that Yahweh was an alien.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The gods portrayed in the new and old testaments are like when they switched Becky on Rosanne and thought no one would notice. COMPLETELY different guy.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Peace and love ! God is the supreme spiritual being and the supreme spiritual beings consciousness , the creator of all of us souls , the god of all love and truth ! Every one of us spiritual beings with our minds are referred to as souls and we are all made in the image of our spiritual father and our fathers mind referred to as our spiritual mother ! The bullies seeking world domination are of the yahweh unconsciousness , pharisee unconsciousness , cain unconsciousness etc...... as they are living in sleeping minds ! The spiritually blind , deaf and dumb have forgotten who they are as spiritual beings and they are illusionated not illuminated ! The illusionati are living in fear of having to repent as they are the masters of the grand deception and they have been misleading the children of god away from love and truth ! The children of the material , physical realm are materialists and they took the left hand path of spiritual death and destruction but they will not get away with it , as they will have to reincarnate back into the world as they left it ! Jesus was not teaching materiality , he was teaching spirituality ! The materialists hijacked the teachings of jesus and inverted them into the materialists favor ! Do not let any materialist deceive your minds ! There is no literal talking snake or literal garden of eden as the snake represents worldly desire ! If there was a literal garden of eden , you would be able to see it on google earth ! All of us souls are family and we are a very large family ! I very highly recommend enlightenment to all loving souls ! You will be very happy when you acheive this state of mind , as your love will be fulfilled ! Peace and love from the mysticalmetalhippie

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mysticalmetalhippie

Exactly

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Peace and love to you zardust from the mysticalmetalhippie !

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
The gods portrayed in the new and old testaments are like when they switched Becky on Rosanne and thought no one would notice. COMPLETELY different guy.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daehoidar18

I feel like my religious journey is fairly close to yours. I had a Christian upbringing, began to ask questions, looked into other religions, followed and prayed to Hindu Gods for awhile, then ended up talking to Jesus again. The whole thing confuses me and I just wish I could get a definite answer to make my mind sit right, but I think it's like The Secret Book of John says about him being unfathomable. Reading through the OT and NT gives you a different feeling right? The OT God was vengeful and picked favorites, I don't think a God would be that way. Let me rephrase that; I am just Human so truly i know nothing of him/her, but if he/she is like the OT God (and this may be blasphemy and I'm sorry if I offend) then I want nothing to do with him/her. When reading the NT, I get such a sense of compassion from Jesus, and the way he speaks of his father.

We also have to take into account that all religious experiences and scripture is "tainted" by Humans in some way. The Bible was written down by Humans, Translated by Humans, Changed by Humans to serve political purposes...the list goes on. Even a personal religious experience is tainted by your own thoughts and dulled by memory. How do we know the truth?

Yahweh, Saklas, the demiurge or whatever you want to call it, is our creator, but I do not know of it is supreme (what do you mean by supreme) or evil or not. Perhaps it is just flawed and arragant.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The name Yahweh is forbidden by the Synagogue of Satan which most know as "jew-ish"

Im not going to dedicate any more sentence to the subject. If you think yiddites/khazarsworship Yhwh, you are mentally handicapped.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yahweh is the Godname assigned by Jewish Kabbalists to Chokmah, the second member of the Supernal Triad, signifying the creative aspect of God, or the demiurge. The first member is Kether, whose Godname is Ehyeh. The third member is Binah, whose Godname is Elohim.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Using the name of Yahweh is indeed forbidden by judaism , as its impertinent to refer to the suprem being by his chosen name.
Kabbalists divisions by names notwithstanding , Jewish Kabbalists believe in the supreme being whose occluded light give rise to all those divisions
The supreme being is the medieval (muslim jewish christian) nessecery being (creating ex-nil / emanated will/occlated light) who the christian see as a trinity (first person which they are and moved from).

As for evil
Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

So ALL abrahamic monotheistic , see evil as willfully ex-niled

Doesn't meant he/it is anymore then a long time creation of a lot of people , and that it shouldn't be left behind with the rest of the historical human trush.

edit on 31-10-2016 by dude1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
Fine. Now open that magic book of yours and tell me why God created pure evil, and let it run loose- instead of just destroying Lucifer outright.

From the Book "into Your Hands, Father" by Wilfrid Stinissen

There is indeed much done against God's will by evil men," Saint Augustine writes, but his wisdom and power are so great that everything seemingly contrary to it, in reality, works toward the good outcome or end that he has preordained." God accomplishes his good will through the evil will of others. In this way the loving Father's plan was realized ... and Jesus suffered death for our sake."

So one could say God uses evil to bring about good.

Our minds can't grasp the ways of God. We will weep over someone's tragic passing. Heaven weeps with us yet rejoices as it welcomes the beloved. Saint Padre Pio explains it this way: a small child looks up as his mother's embroidery and it looks like a mess, stitches in random spots with no design apparent and ask his mother why are you making this ugly thing? She turns the embroidery hoop over and show him her beautiful creation.

Life isn't meant to be a party.

Matthew 10:38 and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Bad things happen to decent people. How we choose to live in this speck of eternity will determined our next destination.

I hope this helps you understand:

The Problem of Evil

The Problem of Evil

One question preoccupied Augustine from the time he was a student in Carthage: why does evil exist in the world? He returned to this question again and again in his philosophy, a line of inquiry motivated by personal experience. Augustine lived in an era when the pillar of strength and stability, the Roman Empire, was being shattered, and his own life, too, was filled with turmoil and loss. First he lost his mistress, then his mother, and finally his son. To believe in God, he had to find an answer to why, if God is all-powerful and also purely good, he still allows suffering to exist.

Augustine’s answers to this question would forever change Western thought. First, he states that evil exists because we have free will. God enables humans to freely choose their actions and deeds, and evil inevitably results from these choices. Even natural evils, such as disease, are indirectly related to human action, since they become evil only when in contact with people. According to this theory, a disease spreads only because men and women put themselves in harm’s way. Augustine gave a more theological explanation later in his life: we cannot understand the mind of God, and what appears evil to us may not be evil at all. In other words, we cannot judge God’s judgment. The roots of both of these answers stemmed from two philosophies, Manicheanism and Neoplatonism, which shaped Augustine’s ideas.

May we all be over-comers.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady

originally posted by: wylekat
Fine. Now open that magic book of yours and tell me why God created pure evil, and let it run loose- instead of just destroying Lucifer outright.

From the Book "into Your Hands, Father" by Wilfrid Stinissen

There is indeed much done against God's will by evil men," Saint Augustine writes, but his wisdom and power are so great that everything seemingly contrary to it, in reality, works toward the good outcome or end that he has preordained." God accomplishes his good will through the evil will of others. In this way the loving Father's plan was realized ... and Jesus suffered death for our sake."

So one could say God uses evil to bring about good.

Our minds can't grasp the ways of God. We will weep over someone's tragic passing. Heaven weeps with us yet rejoices as it welcomes the beloved. Saint Padre Pio explains it this way: a small child looks up as his mother's embroidery and it looks like a mess, stitches in random spots with no design apparent and ask his mother why are you making this ugly thing? She turns the embroidery hoop over and show him her beautiful creation.

Life isn't meant to be a party.

Matthew 10:38 and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Bad things happen to decent people. How we choose to live in this speck of eternity will determined our next destination.

I hope this helps you understand:

The Problem of Evil

The Problem of Evil

One question preoccupied Augustine from the time he was a student in Carthage: why does evil exist in the world? He returned to this question again and again in his philosophy, a line of inquiry motivated by personal experience. Augustine lived in an era when the pillar of strength and stability, the Roman Empire, was being shattered, and his own life, too, was filled with turmoil and loss. First he lost his mistress, then his mother, and finally his son. To believe in God, he had to find an answer to why, if God is all-powerful and also purely good, he still allows suffering to exist.

Augustine’s answers to this question would forever change Western thought. First, he states that evil exists because we have free will. God enables humans to freely choose their actions and deeds, and evil inevitably results from these choices. Even natural evils, such as disease, are indirectly related to human action, since they become evil only when in contact with people. According to this theory, a disease spreads only because men and women put themselves in harm’s way. Augustine gave a more theological explanation later in his life: we cannot understand the mind of God, and what appears evil to us may not be evil at all. In other words, we cannot judge God’s judgment. The roots of both of these answers stemmed from two philosophies, Manicheanism and Neoplatonism, which shaped Augustine’s ideas.

May we all be over-comers.

Sorry sad eyed lady....but any God that formented
this whole cluster *#"%#, is NOT good. Try being an emaciated, starving, skin and bones, child in Africa....then write all your eloquent words on suffering, and how it will all make sense one day in eternity.
Or....be a poor cow, chicken, or pig, stuck in a factory farm.
Oh....and YES, YHWH is evil.
edit on 20-11-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

No need to say sorry. You certainly are entitled to your opinion.

Look at a flower, sunset, stars any part of His creation and ask yourself is this the work of evil?

Jesus came and taught and died for us. He wanted the people to know God cares for them and even though this life sucks we should have hope for the next life.

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land.
Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

People do evil things to each other and to God's creation. That will never change. This planet is Satan's playground, but he lost at the Cross.

When God said: "I have loved you with any everlasting love." Don't you think He cares enough to have compassion for you? He knows what you need before you ask.

He's got is eye on the sparrow, He's got His eye on you, too.

You know the devil is real and so do I. I fight him every day of my life, with God on my side.

Jesus didn't die for the poor cows, chickens or pigs that man stuck in a factory. He died for you.

edit on 11/20/2016 by sad_eyed_lady because: add

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

Look at a flower, sunset, stars any part of His creation and ask yourself is this the work of evil?

Yes...there is beauty in this world. There are beautiful flowers...and there are plants that are carnivorous. There is the beautiful sunset...and that same sun will fry you to death in a desert or give you cancer if you are out in it too much. Those beautiful stars, also have meteorites amongst them, that can hit our planet and kill many people and creatures.
So, you see...this world is beautiful...and deadly. Natural disasters wipe out millions in one fatal swoop....and it doesn't matter whether they are one of the "faithful" or not.

Jesus came and taught and died for us. He wanted the people to know God cares for them and even though this life sucks we should have hope for the next life.

Yea, I know what the Bible says....very, very, well. I believe Jesus came to show us WHO the real God was, and it wasn't YHWH.

People do evil things to each other and to God's creation. That will never change. This planet is Satan's playground, but he lost at the Cross.

And YHWH did evil to "his supposed own creation", in too many ways to count, and by telling mankind to eat animals...oh, and creating animals that need to prey on other animals. That's messed up and not a done by a "god of love".

When God said: "I have loved you with any everlasting love." Don't you think He cares enough to have compassion for you? He knows what you need before you ask.

Um...yea. I've experienced those things. I've also experienced some pretty sucky stuff, no matter how much I devoted myself to Him. And....He doesn't always come through, sorry to say.

He's got is eye on the sparrow, He's got His eye on you, too.

I'm sorry, lol....but, that's just funny to me now. Do you know how many sparrows croak a day? So, does He have His "eye" on all those starving children in the world? Or, the one's who are being molested or killed?

You know the devil is real and so do I. I fight him every day of my life, with God on my side.

Well, YHWH did a whole lot more damage than the devil ever did. Besides, in the OT, "Ha-Satan" was on a leash by YHWH. It's only in the NT that all of a sudden, SATAN is the main adversary, free to do whatever he pleases to this planet.

Jesus didn't die for the poor cows, chickens or pigs that man stuck in a factory. He died for you.

PLEEASE....then you keep your Jesus, and I'll stick with the One that I've realized.....you know, the One that was so incensed at the animals being sacrificed IN HIS FATHER'S NAME, that He drove not only the money changers out...but the ANIMALS, too. First time in scripture you see Him so ticked off He makes a whip and opens a can of whoop a**.
Not so meek then, was He?
Of course, the Bible commentaries and pastors will have you think it's all about the "money changers". I don't think Jesus would get that upset over someone over charging someone for a lamb or dove. But, killing innocent animals...yes.
You know that right after He challenged the VERY lucrative sacrificial animal system the priests had going on, was when they plotted His death?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

The temple was considered God's house -sacred for that reason. Jesus was angry that they turned it into a 7-11 for people who traveled long distances and didn't feel like hauling their animals a distance for sin offering. They desecrated the temple and Jesus had righteous anger. Yes, the Jewish leaders weren't happy about this at all for they were making money from it.

For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

That one isn't a problem for you is it?

Jesus calls Himself the good shepherd. He won't run away when you are in danger and when He says He will carry you, he won't let you down, ever.

Jesus says He is meek and humble of heart and those are what He wants us to be, too.

Meekness -The virtue that moderates anger and its disorderly effects. It is a form of temperance that controls every inordinate movement of resentment at another person's character or behavior.

Not exactly Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

So who are you angry with God, man or both? Not expecting an answer.

Peace.

edit on 11/21/2016 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
According to masonry he's a general manager for and under the architect of the universe.
"He" could very well be a Ronald McDonald mascot logo, representing the scientific efforts of a group of informed individuals....

edit on 11/21/2016 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady

The temple was considered God's house -sacred for that reason. Jesus was angry that they turned it into a 7-11 for people who traveled long distances and didn't feel like hauling their animals a distance for sin offering. They desecrated the temple and Jesus had righteous anger. Yes, the Jewish leaders weren't happy about this at all for they were making money from it.

For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

That one isn't a problem for you is it?

Jesus calls Himself the good shepherd. He won't run away when you are in danger and when He says He will carry you, he won't let you down, ever.

Jesus says He is meek and humble of heart and those are what He wants us to be, too.

Meekness -The virtue that moderates anger and its disorderly effects. It is a form of temperance that controls every inordinate movement of resentment at another person's character or behavior.

Not exactly Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

So who are you angry with God, man or both? Not expecting an answer.

Peace.

Pretty much this world in general. It makes absolutely no sense...and I gave 25 plus years of my life to Christianity. I don't have much of a stomach for it anymore.
I do believe...just not sure anymore what that exactly is.
I have experienced God in more ways than I can explain. I've encountered Jesus, demons, and all kinds of miracles.
But, too many things have occurred that have shown me a different perspective.
When it say's that "for God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son"...do you know what I think now?
This world is NOT His....it's a "mock creation".
We are trapped in it and Jesus came to show us who the REAL God was. Whoever or whatever made this planet and us...is twisted and bent as all get out. Guess I'm agreeing with the Gnostics.

Oh, and if you love animals as much as I do (and I truly believe that the TRUE Creator put that inside me), then the whole "7-11" analogy you gave is "in my humble opinion"...BS.
Love does not say "kill another sentient being and enjoy it's flesh". Love does not create a world where animals prey on one another, and love does not turn a blind eye to another's suffering (esp. if you are able to do something about it, because you are omnipotent).
So, either He's NOT omnipotent....or He's NOT the God of this world.
Why else would Jesus tell us to pray, "thou Will be done on EARTH as it is IN HEAVEN"? Why would we even have to ask for that if "God's will" was always done here?....be it permissive or actual?

edit on 22-11-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2016 by Matrixsurvivor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

People.
The TEMPLE, IT IS THE HUMAN BODY

WHEN WILL YOU SEE THE ESOTERIC LIGHT

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join