It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major General USAF Reserve and 5-Term U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Barry Goldwater was one of the most influential conservative figures of all time. Here he is talking about being denied access to UFO technology at Wright-Patterson AFB in his own words. This is the only video footage of it's kind to my knowledge and it's only been viewed 2,883 times. So for those of you who haven't seen it, an example of the security surrounding UFO technology doesn't get any more classic and to the point than this:

www.youtube.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

I had the opportunity to speak with his son Barry Goldwater Jr. who told me there is a lot of information that is kept from our elected representatives. More than we could ever imagine.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
That video just goes to show us that even our elected officials have no rights either. If someone as high up as Goldwater cannot get info, how do any of us here on this site, actually believe we know 5% of what the government hides?

The debunkers and skeptics will be here soon to shut this thread up, or should I say CoIntelPro people.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have no doubt there is plenty of info not given to elected officials, most of it because it has nothing to do with the individual's role they are elected to fill I suppose.

I also know that official government folks are not above and beyond our intellect, and they have the same curiosity that we do. It never surprises me to see, on more than one occasion, speak about asking the military for alien/ufo stuff. They are curious as we are. However, I highly suspect that the military is not holding any high cards, and really has nothing of any substance to reveal. They would probably rather bluff than show their hand or fold, just in case another country has been dealt a little more cosmic luck maybe....

Although, if the whole thing is true, and the military has been sitting on a secret this big for so long my first question would have nothing to do with the contents of the secret, but rather how they kept a secret like that for so long, considering their miserable track record on EVERY other major secret.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Another video clip of interest. Turn up the volume on this one!

Dr. Edward Teller (father of the H-bomb) won't say if any nuclear-based propulsion besides fission and fusion exists, nor will he say 'yes' or 'no' as to whether or not he knew Bob Lazar in this video interview (sometimes what people don't say is just as important as what they say):

vids.myspace.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
most of it because it has nothing to do with the individual's role they are elected to fill I suppose.

There is a serious problem with this statement. There is no information that should be outside the purview of elected representatives. And I don't mean personal information about private citizens.

At least, if freedom and transparency is important to you, of course.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Riposte]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

you found the problem with americans today, very few actually care about freedom and transparency....instead, they care about rims, boob jobs, american idol, and tons of other useless crap...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Barry Goldwater was one of the most influential conservative figures of all time. Here he is talking about being denied access to UFO technology at Wright-Patterson AFB in his own words. This is the only video footage of it's kind to my knowledge and it's only been viewed 2,883 times. So for those of you who haven't seen it, an example of the security surrounding UFO technology doesn't get any more classic and to the point than this:

www.youtube.com...
snip

Below I've transcribed the video. Barry does not say anything worth discussing. He says "I think ... I can't back that up ... Reportedly...", i.e., he says nothing of substance or that further anything associated with UFOs. He is just expressing his empty opinion. That LeMay, my USAF boss, denied him access was only natural for a commander that knows where continued dialogue with Barry would lead. LeMay had too much on his plate to allow even a Senator to take up his valuable time to discuss something that Barry could not contribute anything to. He was curious like all of us but we will be denied access also, no matter our position.

Barry Goldwater: "I think the government does know. I can't back that up, but I think that, eh, at Wright-Patterson Field if you could get into certain places you find out what the Air Force and the government knows about UFOs. Reportedly, a space ship landed and it was all hushed up, quieted and nobody ever, I've never heard much about it. I called Curtis LeMay and I said General, eh, I know we have a room at Wright-Patterson where you put all the secret stuff - can I go in there?' I've never heard him get mad, but he got madder'n hell with me. Cussed me out, said 'Don't ever ask me that question again.'"

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Although, if the whole thing is true, and the military has been sitting on a secret this big for so long my first question would have nothing to do with the contents of the secret, but rather how they kept a secret like that for so long, considering their miserable track record on EVERY other major secret.

Just to mention a few names....
Bob Dean
George Green
Philip Corso
- - - -
There are probably more, but you see my point right?
They can not keep secrets at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Balez

Bob Dean
George Green
Philip Corso
- - - -

Contrary to your intent, not one of the people you named knew any secrets although they may have tried to convince you that they did. They all spewed b.s. Unbelievable b.s.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by Balez

Bob Dean
George Green
Philip Corso
- - - -

Contrary to your intent, not one of the people you named knew any secrets although they may have tried to convince you that they did. They all spewed b.s. Unbelievable b.s.

You forgot to say "in my OPINION".

Again you stated something as fact and didn't bother backing it up with anything at all. You need to learn that just your word alone doesn't prove anything as fact.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Now the problem here is....
I do not believe a thing they are saying.
But that is not the point.
You just proved one point, no matter who comes forward to spill their beans out, it will all be b.s even if it would happen to be true.

Ask yourself this.
What is true?
What is false?
Do you judge it by fact, or your 'gut' feeling or is it false because it is so absurd it can't be anything else than lies?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

There is some important reading here on U.S. Government power structure, wealth, secrecy and compartmentalization of information:

1. Secrecy. Nearly everything of significance undertaken by America's military and intelligence community in the past half-century has occurred in secrecy. The undertaking to build an atomic weapon, better known as the Manhattan Project, remains the great model for all subsequent activities. For four years not a single member of Congress even knew about it, although its final cost exceeded the then-incredible total of $2 billion. During and after the Second World War, other important projects, such as the development of biological weapons, the importation of Nazi scientists, terminal mind control experiments, nationwide interception of mail and cable transmissions of an unwitting populace, infiltration of the media and universities, secret coups, secret wars, and assassinations all took place far removed not only from the American public, but most members of Congress and a few Presidents. Indeed, several of the most powerful intelligence agencies were themselves established in secrecy, unknown by the public or Congress for many years.....

3. Independence. In theory, civilian oversight exists over the U.S. national security establishment. The President is the military Commander-in-Chief. Congress has official oversight over the CIA. The FBI must answer to the Justice Department. In practice, little of this fond theory applied during the period under review. One reason has to do with the secrecy: the compartmentalization of information within military and intelligence circles. "Top Secret" clearance does not clear one for all Top Secret information. Sensitive information is available on a need to know basis. Two CIA officers in adjoining rooms at the Langley Headquarters can be involved in completely different top secret activities, each completely ignorant of the other's doings. Such compartmentalization not only increases secrecy, but independence from the wrong (e.g. official) kinds of oversight.

top topics

join