It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Up America! - Youtube video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

sorry, i dont get the irony in that, he makes it very clear at the very start of the video that he is offended by the concept of god or religion. then he veers into the anti muslim area.

what i see their is overt rasisim / religious hatred, not irony.

maybe im just being too sensative ... but the topic he is talking about has been done to absolute death on ATS already, and the antaganists all start the same way, making out their offended by religion, then they use that weapon of being opposed to all religions to beat the muslim people without it seeming like they are not targetting one certain group of people ... but they know exactly what their doing..

im almost suprised i have not seen a quote from the sun or daily star in this thread yet, as that usualy comes in droves with these issues!

its such a stupid thing to be argueing also, i mean..... really, athiests crack me up .... all this fanatical anti religion nonsence is crazier than actual religion !!! and thats just nuts!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dimensionaljumper

I was NOT correcting your bad grammar or your spelling and your drinking spirits is none of my business. All I did was use your words and chose to use the same word “moot” as you did, only I didn’t make the same mistake using the wrong word having the wrong meaning.

Sobriety is cool like that.

This is the last time I will give you the facts and by the way, these ARE the facts and they are undeniable.

All our founding documents, laws, moral codes and institutions are based on Christian principles from the Bible.

Persecuted in England and unhappy in Holland, the people we know today as "Pilgrims" made arrangements to take a dangerous journey to the New World pursuing religious freedom. Forty-six Pilgrims sailed from Holland to England in July, 1620
www.workersforjesus.com...

Our Declaration of Independence and Constitution are based on Judeo-Christian teachings. The textbook of these teachings in the Holy Bible. It is the "Owners Manual" or "The Book of Instructions" for our nation.

Hinduism made India what it is. Islam made the middle east and North Africa what it is. Shintoism made Japan what it is. Communism made 30 nations what they became and those Godless societies killed many millions more than all the religious wars in history combined.

FACT!

Reformation Christianity made America what it is and this is the country we choose and so would millions of others if they could.

You think you are clever and smart using a country like Saudi Arabia to offset the startling metamorphosis China has undergone as they have become more blessed in direct relation to their increasing interest and conversion to Christianity and Christian Ideals while we are losing the benefit of that very same bounty, we seem to be trading with China and you see only the physical manifestation of that spiritual harvest thinking it is MANS achievement.

Tsk Tsk,, anyone knowing the history of China could only call whats happened there, a miracle and most of the Chinese agree. Christianity has set them free and has made them a much more blessed country. One willing to help America and one that is very concerned with our fascination with the science of satan that is increasingly causing us to fall further abd further behind other countries in math and science with a national student body becoming more entertained by violence, sexual depravity, gang rapes and shooting their own classmates.

Thirty Million Christians in Hong Kong alone which is now controlled by China.

You foolishly compare places like Saudi Arabia with its wealth and suggest I explain how places like that got to where they did if Jesus had anything to do with blessed nations and I ask you, what makes you think a place where woman are owned like property, treated like livestock, where Gays are beheaded for their sexual behavior and a third of the men you see there are missing a hand. It’s quite disturbing actually, of the many places I had been to in the middle east, I can’t say that one would fit the description of “blessed”. It may have wealth, but only a blessed nation do people risk their life coming to when they come to America. Saudi Arabia? PfffT you can keep it pal.

In an Arabian country a few years ago, a princess, daughter of a Sheik, had an affair with her boyfriend. She was taken to the village square and beheaded. This was legal, moral, and proper according to their laws based upon the Koran. This is not to say that there is nothing good in other religions. There are good teachings in most religions, and certainly many evil things have been done in the name of Christianity. But one is wise not to blame Jesus and His teachings for man's aberrations OR his mis interpretation of scripture mentioning King David being a homosexual is not an understanding of the bible “buddy”.

It is either your understanding adopted from someone more ignorant than yourself, Or you never read them in the first place, and you are taking someone else's word for what they actually say.
Either you know perfectly well what those verses actually say, and are twisting them on purpose in order to justify your own sin.

1 Samuel 18:1,3
"And it came to pass, when he [David] had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul And Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul."

The one that is inconsistent with the rest of its testimony where sex whether it is Gay or not, is fornication regardless. Or do you actually believe that stuff and that God presented David with the Gift of Homosexual sin? You think that two men cannot share a special bond unless they are having sex?

Think about it, what is more logical and less damaging to the credibility of this book? l sin? Get real son, you don’t know your bible,, what you want to know is how to cast it as a contradiction. I have seen many who boast they know the Bible and ya know what, if you know it, then show it.

All you’ve shown me is your utter contempt for a book you wish to malign behind the guise of knowitallism’s most flagrant abuse of logical fallacy.

IGNORANCE.

I’m a graduate of southwest bible college, where many of todays ministers and pastors have learned enough of the bible to admit, the Bible is a book that takes a lot of very focused and concentrated effort learning moreover the appreciation for the time it will take understanding it. I would say however, that I am quite certain, in that area,
I got it all over you.
Look up salt covenant in the Bible, then I suggest, you stop abusing the words to your usage when it does not prescribe for that order.

Does it say that David "laid with" Jonathan? Nope.

Romans 1:18-32 speaks of physical and sexual action with the same sex.
God condemns it. Pure and simple. Get used to

To know the Christian basis of our country you must read the thoughts and ideas of those who built the greatest nation in all history. If you got any other ideas about that “Greatest Nation” bit, I wouldn’t count us out yet son.

1620 - The Mayflower Compact written by the Pilgrims before they got off the Mayflower said: "In the presence of God, Amen. We ... do by these presents solemnly and mutually in ye presence of God, and one another, covenant and combine ourselves into a civil body politic."
1638 - The Fundamental Orders of Connecticut (often called the first American Constitution) said, We "enter into a combination and confederation together to maintain and preserve the liberty and purity of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ which we now profess." It also stated for the first time that men's rights come from God, as later stated in the Declaration of Independence.
1772 - Samuel Adams: "The right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty ... The rights of the colonists as Christians may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institutes of the great Law Giver which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament."
1777 - The First Continental Congress appropriated funds to import for the people 20,000 Holy Bibles as "the great political textbook of the patriots."
1776 - The Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men ... "

Thomas Jefferson, on his memorial: "God who gave us life, gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that the liberties are the gift of God?"
2 Corinthians 3:17: "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty."

1787 - At an impasse of several weeks at the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin rose and said:, "I have lived, Sir, a long time and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth: that God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can arise without His aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this." He then moved they resort to prayer.
1787- Washington's Inaugural Address: "The propitious smiles of heaven cannot be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which heaven itself has ordained." All inaugural addresses and state constitutions refer to Almighty God, the author and sustainer of our liberty.
1789 - Washington's Thanksgiving Proclamation: "Whereas, it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits and humbly to implore His protection and favor..."
1797 - Washington's Farewell Address: "And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion."
Patrick Henry: "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the gospel of Jesus Christ."
John Quincy Adams: "The first and almost the only Book deserving of universal attention if the Bible." The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: "It connected in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."
1789-1795 - John Jay, first chief justice of the United States: "Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest, of a Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."
1843 - Emma Willard, educator and historian: "The government of the United States is acknowledged by the wise and good of other nations, to be the most free, impartial and righteous government of the world; but all agree that for such a government to be sustained many years, the principles of truth and righteousness, taught in the Holy Scriptures, must be practiced. The rulers must govern in the fear of God, and the people obey the laws ... A nation cannot exist without religion. France tried that and failed. We were born a Protestant Christian nation, and, as such, baptized in blood. Our position ought to be defined as that."
1861 - Abraham Lincoln: "It is the duty of all nations, as well as of men, to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord."
1863 - Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address: "That we here highly resolve ... that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth."
1892 - The Supreme Court of the United States after citing 87 precedents decided: "Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of Mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise: and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian ... This is a religious people. This is historically true. From the discovery of this continent to the present hour, there is a single voice making this affirmation ... we find everywhere a clear recognition of the same truth. These and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation."
1983 - Oct. 4, 1982, Joint Resolution of Congress: "Whereas the Bible, the Word of God, has made a unique contribution in shaping the United States as a distinctive and blessed nation of people. Whereas Biblical teachings inspired concepts of civil government that are contained in our Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of The United States ... Whereas that renewing our knowledge of, and faith in God through Holy Scriptures can strengthen us as a nation and a people. Now therefore be it resolved ... that the President is authorized and requested to designate 1983 as a national "Year of the Bible" in recognition of both the formative influence the Bible has been for our nation, and our national need to study and apply the teachings of the Holy Scriptures."

Now can you really show any real prolific documents by the founders, extolling the virtues of their atheism as the basis for our laws and liberty?

If you can find some, then we all owe them a debt of gratitude but with or without them, they wouldn’t have made much of a difference anyway.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Matt_Mason]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorldObserver

As a Vet of Gulf War I, I can assure you how horrified I was at how many US soldiers were converting to Islam while we were in country.

From what I have heard the conversions have ramped up since Gulf War II. So my point is, don’t be so quick to state that your military would not support Sharia Law, because by now about half the military is Islamic!

The security of your nation is now in the hands of the American militia forces. Pray they have the equipment and leadership required for the long and bloody battle that is coming.

That's a very interesting point. A lot of Islamic scholars say things like "this shows just how beautiful the religion of Islam really is" when examples such as these come to light. Along with the standard "Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world" line. It is designed to suggest that Islam is the religion with the most converts coming from other religions. The truth is that Muslim populations have a higher birth rate relative to their population than any other religion or ethnicity in current times. This is why it is the fastest growing religion.

You also hear stories about potential beheading victims converting to Islam and their lives being spared. Also people should remember the case of Michelle Leslie. She is a former Australian model who in 2005 escaped Indonesian prison after being found with ecstasy. From the moment her case was made aware to the Australian public, she went out of her way to dress in Muslim attire and made claims to have connections with Islam. Surprisingly to the Australian public, she was released and free to return to Australia after her original sentence was reviewed and revised by Islamic athorities in the country.

To me this again highlights the dangers of Islam as a religious ideology. It will accept and forgive, promote peace and tolerance to other Muslims or those who wish to convert to Islam. As for those who don't, well, a more violent and brutal destiny awaits for them...

[edit on 4/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dimensionaljumper
It depends on what the mainstream opinion is based upon. Is it based on logic? Or is it to promote fear and instability.

I do actually agree with you, to a point. Fear and complacency are too sides of the same coin and both are dangerous. I suppose my post was a bit reactionary - I just wanted to counter the idea that we should never fear anything.

I do believe the media uses Islam to instill fear in us. However, they've become masters of double-speak, and whilst our troops are in the middle-east fighting Islamic Extremism, the media tell us we're Nazis for protesting against the exact same thing here. Unbelievable double-standards. But whilst Islamic terrorism is used to frighten and control us, those of us with our eyes open still recognise a threat to western civilisation - not because of what we're told on TV (I barely watch TV and don't read newspapers) but because of what we see happening with our own eyes. Yes, it is THAT obvious.

Originally posted by dimensionaljumper
The fearful are weak because their attention and perspectives are easily manipulated and controlled.

Agreed. But I'd say equally weak are those in denial. Like I said - two sides of the same coin. In my humble opinion, the general public are too fearful about some things (swine flu) and not fearful enough about others (radical Islam). It's a game the establishment likes to play with us and it's dangerous to assume that they're always going to be overexaggerating when they could easily be underexaggerating situations as an equally effective way of controlling and engineering society to their will.

[edit on 4/11/2009 by Cythraul]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
THE ABOVE TOPS SECRET THEME SONG!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beast1333
www.youtube.com...
THE ABOVE TOPS SECRET THEME SONG!!!!

The Overlord gives two thumbs up!

[edit on 4-11-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The US constitution was created with the ability to be changed. It should be changed from time to time. Even Jefferson believed in a revolution every 20 or so years. However, it is not being changed constitutionally it is being undermined because Constitutional Amendments would be too difficult to pull off (IMO).

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

WAKE UP EUROPE

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt_Mason

Less than 6% of China is Christian. What are you talking about? Didn't you just talk about the Godless communists.... ummmm..... that is most of china.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join