It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Up America! - Youtube video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here on the left coast this not so much of a problem. It's the Chinese Nationals that will be moving in in container loads. They now have all our money and they are buying up the forclosed properties by the bus loads. They fly in on chartered jets & ride around in tour buses & buy up whole neighborhoods. True story.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Free speech is protected by the constitution.

Thats about it...I am one of those evil liberals whom voted and supports Obama, but if a government offical tried to remove freedom of speech, I would be alongside the rest of the nation in voting out anyone taking away our constitutional rights (hense why I was very angry and active during the bush years with the patriot act, homeland security, etc etc etc, and still bitching about the former administrations changes not reverted back yet).

I have never owned a gun, nor plan on owning one and believe that people whom own a bunch of guns on average are the types of people that shouldn't own guns...with that saying, I am pro-gun also, not because it makes sense in a modern world, but because it is in the constitution and if you remove one aspect of the constitution, then it becomes a slippery slope to take away all libertys.

So...This guy is pretty bright, he should be making a stink over in the UK as much as possible, but as far as it having an effect on America, I think that might be a stretch.

Peace :-)

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't like the anti-Islamic part. The ptb are using this to divide people to distract people from what they are doing and get us worrying about the Moslems. We need to see this for what it is, an attack on our freedoms. Why does anyone care to attack our freedoms, because our freedom is based on the rule of law and law prevents them from doing whatever they want based on force. If everybody minds their own business, bullies can rule the world. It is all of our business that law and freedom are upheld. The bullies have gotten so much power that we are unable to overthrow them without considerable effort, so all these sleeping or minding their own business people had better wake up and get on the ball or we will all end up on prison planet.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
WE made a consensus long long ago that laws matter. Even the United Nations, was supposed to be based on recognizing some kind of law between nations. Now they want to use it to bully us into subjection, not to law but to unfettered visciousness that the United Nations has come to represent. The UN unleases their troops on poor people in third world countries, these are nazi trained thugs, not high minded "peace keepers" If the UN gets the upper hand we are in for major trouble. It is doubly distressing to see UN troops parading on American soil. This is unconstitutional and we should demand that they be removed.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davo2012

Whoa, is it just me or is the fact that there are censors on this site makes it lose a great amount of credibility?

Is there a person is this world that is still scared to hear the word #?

Isn't # just what comes out of my anus once in a while?

Be serious, ATS is limiting their member's freedom to speak. It starts with removing the ability to say #, it ends with the inability to speak your mind freely (next thing they'll ask not to speak negatively of religion because it may offend people).

WAKE THE # UP PEOPLE. The illusion of free speech does not mean you are free to speak. If one word is removed from this post, then my ability to speak freely is compromised.

This site is a beautiful paradox.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dimensionaljumper
Fear does abound on ATS, and unfortunately it attacks the minds of the weak.

Tom-ay-toe, tom-ah-toe! You think weak minds are attracted by scaremongering, I think weak minds are prone to dangerous levels of inaction and complacency. For me, the weak minds are the ones who adhere to mainstream opinion, and mainstream opinion is that you're not meant to criticise Islam or the wider immigration issue.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

ok...people need to quit saying WAKE UP !!! here at ATS. hello...it's ATS...we are F'ing awake. besides, it's not about waking up...it's about applying some action to go with the rhetoric. you can't make changes if you sit at a keyboard...well, you can change an e-mail, and use capitals and exclamation signs like i did above. but it gets you nowhere fast.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul

Fear does abound on ATS, and unfortunately it attacks the minds of the weak.

Tom-ay-toe, tom-ah-toe! You think weak minds are attracted by scaremongering, I think weak minds are prone to dangerous levels of inaction and complacency. For me, the weak minds are the ones who adhere to mainstream opinion, and mainstream opinion is that you're not meant to criticise Islam or the wider immigration issue.

i agree with you...europe is heading down the wrong path with this nonsense about NOT being alllowed to critisize islam. all religions should be under scrutiny, for what religous laws they are trying to get the people to obey. i obey no mythical being, nor should anyone else. i'm a democrat, but i don't believe in this religous crap, and i don't believe in pampering them. keep your religion to yourself
punch up "the dark ages" in google and see the horrors that religion perpetrated on people for hundreds of years. and these were so called "christians", and men of god, what a bunch of BS.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Prolixite

WAKE THE # UP PEOPLE. The illusion of free speech does not mean you are free to speak. If one word is removed from this post, then my ability to speak freely is compromised.

You fail to realize several things.

1.) Freedom of speech doesn't apply to private business. Only to the government.

2.) You have the freedom to say anything you want, but you also have to deal with the consequences.

3.) You can say # if you want to say it, but that doesn't mean ATS doesn't have the freedom to change it to a number sign.

Your rights, his rights, our rights, their rights, everyone is always screaming about their "rights".

At ATS, you have no rights, unless the admins give them to you.

They ask for civility and decorum.

There are intelligent, mature, and acceptable ways to portray an idea

calling them # is not one of them.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Here's the existing thread which falsely claims that Obama backs limits on free speech.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Carry on. Have fun embracing that ignorance.

How do YOU know nobody has researched it? What did this guy say that hasn't been witnessed as a hand to glove stereotype.

I guess it might be hard to believe something like sharia law be isntalled in the United States but we ain't all that damn united anymore from what I see these days. You might come to that conclusion by seeing the many times the Christian religion is thwarted from ever putting a nativity scene in a public school where someone gets real nervous and thinks OMG this is going to become a Christian Nation again, we can't have THAT now so sue the school and we all go to court whining about diddly. Yet it is another matter when dealing with muslims my friend and if you don't know that, it is YOU who needs to do some research.

While you say Obama is NOT for limits on speech, he sets those very limits specifying his interest in protecting the muslim faith while Chritsians are the most disparaged group here. You say anything about Masons, Muslims, gays and you are walking a glass floor, but it's ok to re-hash the alleged sins of christianity with impunity around here and you know it.

A day doesn't go by where I don't see someone either bringing up the crusades or saying something about religion, specifically the Christian faith, as the root of every evil act ever perpetrated on mankind. In the meantime, their isn't a day that goes by that Christians are not doing something wonderful for many in need of care and it is rarely mentioned but it happens a hell of a lot more than any whining anti religious bigot with an axe to grind, can prove he has had some bible "shoved down his throat" by a Christian who refuses to leave the front porch with his foot stuck in the door yelling how the home owner will burn in hell for not letting him in to share the good news.

Do you think muslims care about the separation powers? Christians don't want a theocracy and didn't ever want a Christian Government but I do think the more we stray from being a Christian Nation, the more we distance our selves from belief in God, the more we will fall from that same Gods Grace and bountiful blessings but that's just me. Today, while their is a law suit in one city to remove the nativity because it offended some atheist's delicate sensitivities, their is another law suit defending the free speech to express the virtues of man boy love for NAMBLA in another.

Common sense is now a rarity, Obama thinks money is an expendable commodity, and that the muslim religion was the only one he thought was important enough to mention while he goes on disparaging Christians as "gun toting" religious, right wing nut jobs using his own brand of stereotyped ignorance.

You want to impress me that he is NOT for limiting free speech?

he can start by proving it and allowing Fox news the same rights and priveleges CNN MSNBC has, regardless of what you or anyone elses "stereotype" they can conjure up to diminish them as "less than news journalists" .

Obama is a liar, a carnival guy, a huckster, who has renegged on more promises than I can count anymore giving anyone who cares enough to "research" it' ample reason take nothing he says, serious and everything he says as suspect.

Their isn't a country on the planet where Muslims have not made such an issue to install sharia law, using terrorism in many cases to do it and not a country that has capitulated to their demands, that didn't regret it.

That includes many in the UK

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

It depends on what the mainstream opinion is based upon. Is it based on logic? Or is it to promote fear and instability.

I am not anti-mainstream. There is a lot of truth out there, there is also a lot of fear mongering. It is possible to twist the truth to instill fear. Or to only voice certain parts of the truth, to promote instability in the minds of the listener.

I believe fear is the ultimate weakness of mankind. If one is fearful, they are rendered useless because they are void of any power. Some will associate fearlessness with lunacy, I prefer the word respect. I dont fear our government, but i do respect it. You know why? Because there is power in numbers.

The fearful are weak because their attention and perspectives are easily manipulated and controlled.

Just because someone has a mainstream point of view does not qualify them as weak.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks it would be nice if FREE SPEECH ****DID**** apply to private businesses?

Wow - if we ever did that, people would get used to having it, since we spend most of our waking lives WORKING.

But nooo, we've got to bow to CORPORATISM, and what's good for business and all that, when in fact how can anything not good for people be all that good for anything? But if you make the majority of people walk around for most of their waking lives like slaves with one set of rules, pretty soon most of them will start thinking those rules are 'fair enough' all the time.

And... the problem, for me, with defending the constitution...is that...well...

It is true is is being eroded, and has been for several years.
But erosion is so slow, it just fades away, you don't see it happening.
So defending it....to the death..with guns....

comes after it is already dead and gone....so faded it can't be read.
We need to do what museums do when important documents are in danger...

Start taking drastic conservation measures. Make sure only people who really value it, HANDLE it. (IE Elect politicians that really know it, and value it.)

Consider it a National Treasure again and treat it with reverence.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt_Mason

Matt, if you are a Bible toter, then I suggest you read your old testament again.

God never said he favors or blesses the Unites States of America. His chosen people were the Israelites. god favored them, so your whole speech about us turning our backs on god, so therefore he turns his back on us is mute.

Does China promote god? Do they worship jesus? NO. They dont. Yet they are currently the most thriving nation on the planet. They didnt get there because of god. They got there because of wise investments and cashing in on Americas greed.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Matt, if you are a Bible toter, then I suggest you read your old testament again.

God never said he favors or blesses the Unites States of America. His chosen people were the Israelites. god favored them, so your whole speech about us turning our backs on god, so therefore he turns his back on us is mute.

Does China promote god? Do they worship jesus? NO. They dont. Yet they are currently the most thriving nation on the planet. They didnt get there because of god. They got there because of wise investments and cashing in on Americas greed.

First, what the hell is a "toter" whether it is bible or what ever, I don't recall mentioning any affinity I might have toting anything.

Secondly, my whole speech you claim is mute is "Moot" as I never mentioned anything about the Bible saying America is a favored nation thou sayest the lord. YOU are reading into things that aren't there if you think I said anything like that. I do however believe the psalmist who said, "Blessed is the Nation Whose God is the Lord" (Psalm 33:12)

and if that nation happens to be America,, then blessed are we.

Well I take it back, BH is right about that. Some people don't actually research anything before they post and pass it off as fact totally unaware they are ignorant about what it is they claim they think they know so much about.

No, you would be wrong again, China's rise is commensurate with a rise in the Christian faith and ironically has been our cross to bear ( no pun) as we distance ourselves from it.

PBS Special: Jesus in China « Larry Temple – Cross, Crown, and ...Jun 23, 2008 ... PBS Special: Jesus in China ... A wave of Christianity is sweeping across China and the Chinese government is racing to control it. ...
larrytemple.wordpress.com/2008/.../pbs-special-jesus-in-china/ -

PBS » The Peking DuckThe special just aired a couple of hours ago, and I won't be surprised if the link is soon blocked ... there are now as many Christians in China as there are Party members. ... Tags: Christianity, Frontline, PBS, underground churches ...
www.pekingduck.org/tag/pbs/

Chinese Christianity-Jesus in Beijing | Mormon WorldJul 31, 2009 ... There is an extensive history of Christianity in China as well as a ... I saw a documentary on PBS about Chinese Christians some time ago ...
www.mormonworld.org/.../chinese-christianity-jesus-in-beijing/

www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/china_705/video/video_index.html

It wasn't their business accumen and marketing savvy that taking advantage of our greed. It was blessings we used to have when we were as enthusiatic about our Christianity as China has become about theirs.

Christianity is growing EXPONENTIALLY in China!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Matt_Mason]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

i couldnt watch it all, i got to about 3 minutes..

he is one of these guys, who is fanaticly athiest ..... which in my eyes is just a form of religion that doesnt have a god type figure at the top, more just the heads of these athiest groups playing god but taking offence to god... its quite baffleing though.

it is not blatent, but yes, i would say their is a very anti islam / racist elements to this video, the same sort of overt racisim that the BNP spews out.

one final point ... and this is coming from someone who has no religious beliefs and NOT* an athiest* - how does he know their maybe is a god??

* = i am not an athiest, athiests are more fanaticly religious than any other group ive known of or seen, not only that, most of the "publicly" known athiests ... like this gent, the only problem is with athiests is that their god is their own smell of self satisfaction, but their to arrogant to see that.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Excuse me Mr grammar policeman. I misspelled moot. Ive had a couple beverages of the alcoholic kind, it makes me type fast and read slow.

"I do however believe the psalmist who said, "Blessed is the Nation Whose God is the Lord" (Psalm 33:12)"

This psalm coming from david the "king of war" and the homosexual who "laid with jonathan". i know my bible, buddy. old testament is irrelevant anyways, christ said lay down the old way, and follow his new way.

"No, you would be wrong again, China's rise is commensurate with a rise in the Christian faith and ironically has been our cross to bear ( no pun) as we distance ourselves from it. "

Half of the founding fathers didnt even believe in god. They just were sick and tired of paying high taxes to the king of england. China has the usa's balls in a vise, because they own a butt load of our bonds. For decades their population created our walmart products for 10 cents an hour, while their government and affluent bought up our massive amounts of debt.

And what is your reasoning for Saudi Arabia's bountiful wealth the past 100 years, and India's newly found place on the steps of affluence?

A head start and strong grip on Capitalism has provided Americans their affluent lifestyle for the past 50 years, not christ. the bible is just another way to keep people in line. most dont have any incentive to be benevolent if they dont have a punishment (hell) waiting for them if they rebel.

Stop confusing savvy business practices and ingenuity paying off in the business world, for gods blessings and grace. if you work hard and make lots of money give yourself the credit, you were the one busting your ass, not god. America got lazy and greedy, now its catching up with us.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by dimensionaljumper]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

As a Vet of Gulf War I, I can assure you how horrified I was at how many US soldiers were converting to Islam while we were in country. From what I have heard the conversions have ramped up since Gulf War II. So my point is, don’t be so quick to state that your military would not support Sharia Law, because by now about half the military is Islamic! The security of your nation is now in the hands of the American militia forces. Pray they have the equipment and leadership required for the long and bloody battle that is coming.

You were horrified by people expressing their freedom of religion?

Half the military is Islamic? You mind showing me a source for that rediculous claim?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I beg to differ. I will express myself anywhere any anytime with total liberty. I understand some people may disagree with me. I understand some places or circumstances are not proper for some type of language. But let me decide.

Being civil and polite has NOTHING to do with #ing censorship.

It has to do with education, with dialogue and understanding. If ATS asked me to be polite, i'd consider it. If ATS forces me to be polite, then you can bet your ass that I'll raise my voice and say #ing no.

You're either free or you are not. Real liberty will come when human have enough empathy to understand the consequences of their acts.

If you accept being censored, then you're being controlled voluntarily. Face it.

That's religion's best weapon - #ing censors.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Prolixite]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

i couldnt watch it all, i got to about 3 minutes..

he is one of these guys, who is fanaticly athiest ..... which in my eyes is just a form of religion that doesnt have a god type figure at the top, more just the heads of these athiest groups playing god but taking offence to god... its quite baffleing though.

it is not blatent, but yes, i would say their is a very anti islam / racist elements to this video, the same sort of overt racisim that the BNP spews out.

one final point ... and this is coming from someone who has no religious beliefs and NOT* an athiest* - how does he know their maybe is a god??

* = i am not an athiest, athiests are more fanaticly religious than any other group ive known of or seen, not only that, most of the "publicly" known athiests ... like this gent, the only problem is with athiests is that their god is their own smell of self satisfaction, but their to arrogant to see that.

I think his point re atheism is to highlight how ridiculously stupid the claims of religious believers of any faith are.

If you are Christian then you will be offended by Muslim beliefs, if you are Muslim you will be offended by Jewish Beliefs, if you are Jewish.... etc

What he is saying is that the feelings of the none believer should be no less important, or in other words, no one group of people should have precedence over feeling misinterpreted, misrepresented, or victimised than any other group, no matter who they are.

In other words (if you've got that far) in regards to Humanity and rights religion has no place - since every set of beliefs is opposed by each other.

Instead what we need is a set of inalienable rights that applies to all men irrespective of religion, colour, nationality, sexuality, etc - oh wait a minute - that used to be the Constitution of the USA didn't it?

Get the British irony?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hi guys

Just wanted to say that here in the UK we have seen so many changes due to our multi cultured society, let me give you some examples. When I was at school we used to have a black board which our teacher used to write on and educate us students, now we are not allowed to call them blackboards as this is racist, we have to call them chalk boards. We also had a free gift you could send off for by collecting the tokens on a jar of jam. This was known as the gollywog. Well they got thrown out as they were seen as racist. In our schools are children are taught about Islam and not Christianity. My girlfriend works in a nursing home where she and a friend are the only white English people who work there. To me the UK has let too many people from other countries come in and set up shop. Now the white English person IS the minority. On the BBC news there was a interview in France at a place called the jungle, this is where all the immigrants are hiding out trying to catch a free ride on the backs of lorries into the UK. One police man told one of the refugees to get to the UK as you will be safe there.

INHO I believe this helps the government in the so called fight against terror, Terror what terror? And why is it our government are financing the wars in Ireland? The whole thing stinks and I hope there is something in the 2012 year as I'm getting sick of listening to the BS on the square brain washer sat in my living room.

My advice, take the words of Enock Powell and listen to what he said.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join