It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan and peak oil.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hello Folks,

Please read this exerpt from a politician, I feel it is a significant and truthful view on the operation in Afghanistan.

Please read this

Regardless of whether or not you agree with the political party what this politician has done is put his neck out by stating the things he has.

Please read, digest and discuss.

MODS, Please replace this topic where you think neccesarary. The hardest part is always picking the forum.

[edit on 2/11/09 by Jimmy1880]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm still up in the air on the "peak oil" theory. But it is an interesting premise.

This thread is kinda contradictory to one also posted earlier today. Should have a look at it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is no PEAK OIL. There is more known oil reserves in the continental US than in the rest of the world.

Alaska, Montana, South Dakota are just a few oil reserves. Quit furthering the idiocy behind the Conspiracy Behind Peak Oil. Open your mind and learn.

DENY IGNORANCE!

The ENDISNIGHE

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
And then this again today: ATS Post re: Peak Oil

Reading this latest, I understand the anti Peak oil argument, but from what I've heard the majority of the new oil will be 'difficult' and 'costly' to extract and process? Of course, that's not what the owners of such reserves say...of course.

What also seems to be related in this new article, that the figures are being quite energetically massaged, debated and if there is a TREND it is that the estimates are being downgraded (by the IEA apparently)as time goes by.

I know extraction techniques are evolving apace, but that alone may not necessarily prevent the short-term crisis element that I think the Peak Oil voices are inferring...because we have so many other unhelpful issues and trends surrounding this (the economic crisis, geopolitical power changes, changes in the world order, changes in world demand, changes and stresses in agricultural production and demand i.e. climate change: water depletion/lack of rains/warming/cooling, changes in diet needs (China's move towards more meat biased diet) etc...

Thinking of the climate change issue too, TPTB could have decided they wish to play up Peak Oil to assist movement away from carbon dioxide pollution to avert a climate change disaster - but then why all these simultaneous/coincidental military activities and initiatives focusing - or perhaps so often overlapping oil/gas supply activities?

Indeed, my personal feeling is that they are more likely to be using the climate change* issue (*I'm not saying that a climate change issue does not exist, but that for various reasons it became an important part of 'spin' required to get other things done) to speed up and motivate public acceptance, expectations (of standards and patterns of living) and behaviours, to cope with anticipated reductions in oil/gas availability - which infers that they may actually/secretly see Peak Oil/Gas as a greater immediate threat than climate change?

Well you got me thinking anyway...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I dont buy the peak oil theory.
I thought this was an informative thread.
Real reason for the war in Afghanistan

new topics

top topics

join