It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmaceutical pain killers & voices in my head!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey ATS, this is my second thread and it involves two of my experiences on powerful pain killer's that resulted in me hearing voices in my head. I like to consider myself a spiritual being and I believe in other dimensions, the ether, multi-dimensional beings, etc.

We'll start out with my first experience. This occurred about a year ago after I had ingested a VERY powerful pharmaceutical painkiller. For my privacy I will not disclose what I had taken, but it is a very popular drug amongst the painkiller junkies. (I'm not a junkie, but I do experiment.) Okay, so I took this drug and it ended up being way too much for me to handle. I spent the night in the toilet bowl for about 3 hours, feeling absolutely horrible. I couldn't stop puking! I think my body was freaking out and this was the defense mechanism it chose! Throughout the night I had heard something in my head speaking in a language I was not familiar with. Not even on this planet. It really sounded like I was hearing someone speaking in "tongue." It sounded very ancient almost. As the drug was peaking I started to very clearly hear two "people" in my head speaking between themselves in this strange language. The whole time I felt a strong ringing in my ears. I remember becoming very nervous, and thinking to myself, I've had enough of this and called them out. I yelled in my head a very authoritative statement, "Who are you, and what the **** do you want?!" The talking stopped, which freaked me out! A few moments later I clearly heard a reply back... in english... "How can we help you?" At this point, my eyes were as big as quarters! I replied back "Well I feel horrible, and I can't stop dry heaving." This is where is gets very weird. A couple minutes past and then I felt something. The ringing in my ears became very loud. It felt like there was a vortex inside my right ear and something was being pushed inside! I remember it locking in, like key into a lock almost, and the sensation was so intense that my head cocked back quickly. I instantly felt more clear and aware of what was going on. Not but a few seconds after this happened, I felt this knot in my stomach start to dissapate! After a minute or so I felt completely fine, not sick in slightest bit. The intense energy I felt in my ear began to subside too. I'm pretty sure I dozed off very quickly after that experience because that's all I can remember, and I woke up in my room the next morning. I want to say this was all my imagination, but the energy I felt was so foreign, so strange out-of-this-world even, I really believe I was helped by two multidimensional beings. They never tried to do anything until I asked for help, which honors free will. It all kinda makes a spooky sense to me.
I never took that drug again.

My second experience happened two night's ago. I took another painkiller, which is quite common for people with muscle pains to be prescribed. Nowhere near as powerful as the other drug, but this one was a name-brand version which in my experience, are always more potent than the generic's. I was laying in bed waiting to fall asleep when I suddenly felt that ringing ears again. (I feel this sensation quite a lot, and I believe it to be an someone/something somewhere else trying to talk to me.) So I gave it a chance and laid there listening. All the sudden in the back of my head I heard someone say "Hello." I replied back, "Hi, can you hear me?" Waited a few moments, "Yes." Now what's strange about this account is the voice I heard was always changing. Almost like it was pulling voices out of my own subconscious to communicate. I remember becoming very excited and apologizing for my energy fluctuating from excitement to caution. The voice said "It's alright." in a kind, chill kind of voice. I then tried asking it some hard questions. Like "what is your name?", "Are you good or bad?" I received no replies to these questions, so with that, I broke the connection and went to bed.

Next post please.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
If anyone here has any comments or similar experiences they'd like to share, I'd love to hear about it. If you think I'm crazy and want to flame me, that's fine too. We're all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. Thanks for reading about my experiences, either way.

Love & Peace

Omni

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well I will have to say stop experimenting with these meds! They are not to be played around with.

I was prescribed oxy's last year sometime and I took one and that was all I needed to NEVER take it again. I dealt with the pain. I saw and heard voices in my head all night. It literally freaked me out. I almost had a panic attack. I thought I was going INSANE. I would shut my eyes and see things I cant even describe. It was like I was hallucinating big time and I didnt like it at all. I freaked out so bad my roommate was ready to take me to the damn hospital. Why anyone would want to experiment with stuff like this is beyond me. I am not one to usually take any prescribed medicine but my doctor said it was like strong tylenol and it would help my back, so I took it....Yeah you can bet your behind I have never gone back to him for treatment.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That is a cool experience. No labeling of crazy here, just not sure if it was real or in your head. I've had sort of similar experiences when starting to doze off. I sometimes seem to tap into other peoples conversations a few minutes before sleep. It has nothing to do with me, what I've previously experienced, or what I am thinking. At least I don't think so. Sometimes, I hear several people, all internally, each having independent conversations.

It freaks me out just a little. Enough to make me think about it for a while initially. Now that it's happened dozens of times, I don't think much of it. I've thought either I'm a little psychic, or I'm just starting to dream and tap into my subconscious while still being somewhat conscious. I personally think it's the latter, but am not sure.

It's interesting that they seemed to help you. I wonder if these were interdimensional beings helping you. It could also be that you were freaked out, fearing death. You created a situation to calm you down. In doing so, your body relaxed, parasympathetic function improved, and you processed the drug much better.

Of course, all I'm offering here is speculation. Interesting story!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Painkillers will kill you.. ask M Jackson.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
As a user of prescribed strong pain meds I can't say I have heard voices but, visual 'disturbances' are very common for me. Not saying I see spirits but, its a pretty good description.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, I had a somewhat similar experience but not at the depths of your experience I don’t think, but before I go on I should give you a little background on me. I have a shoulder like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon, it pops out all the time and I have to pop it back in which sucks. So, I used to play hockey and the first check of the game my shoulder popped out. The trainer took me back to his room popped it back in and said if I wanted to keep playing he would give me some pain meds, I am not really into drugs so I said no at first but he insisted on would need them so he gave me 3, and man once they started kicking in I was like “jackpot” these are great. So, I finished the period feeling a little high and during the intermission he gave me 2 more at my request. Sitting there in the trainers room I was high out of my mind I didn’t really here voices per se just my inner monologue which I guess I could have perceived as an other voice but I was really out of it, so maybe you had the same type of situation I had or maybe something much more, but thanks for sharing it’s a cool story, and I will try to be more focused and listen if I take something again. Yours sounds like it could be basis for another Osmosis Jones 2,since they helped you.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
haha ive done them quite a few times 'experimentally' and what you got isnt part of what you feel from painkillers thats real weird :\

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfiniteOmnipresence
Hey ATS, this is my second thread and it involves two of my experiences on powerful pain killer's that resulted in me hearing voices in my head. I like to consider myself a spiritual being and I believe in other dimensions, the ether, multi-dimensional beings, etc.

We'll start out with my first experience. This occurred about a year ago after I had ingested a VERY powerful pharmaceutical painkiller. For my privacy I will not disclose what I had taken, but it is a very popular drug amongst the painkiller junkies. (I'm not a junkie, but I do experiment.) Okay, so I took this drug and it ended up being way too much for me to handle. I spent the night in the toilet bowl for about 3 hours, feeling absolutely horrible. I couldn't stop puking! I think my body was freaking out and this was the defense mechanism it chose! Throughout the night I had heard something in my head speaking in a language I was not familiar with. Not even on this planet. It really sounded like I was hearing someone speaking in "tongue." It sounded very ancient almost. As the drug was peaking I started to very clearly hear two "people" in my head speaking between themselves in this strange language. The whole time I felt a strong ringing in my ears. I remember becoming very nervous, and thinking to myself, I've had enough of this and called them out. I yelled in my head a very authoritative statement, "Who are you, and what the **** do you want?!" The talking stopped, which freaked me out! A few moments later I clearly heard a reply back... in english... "How can we help you?" At this point, my eyes were as big as quarters! I replied back "Well I feel horrible, and I can't stop dry heaving." This is where is gets very weird. A couple minutes past and then I felt something. The ringing in my ears became very loud. It felt like there was a vortex inside my right ear and something was being pushed inside! I remember it locking in, like key into a lock almost, and the sensation was so intense that my head cocked back quickly. I instantly felt more clear and aware of what was going on. Not but a few seconds after this happened, I felt this knot in my stomach start to dissapate! After a minute or so I felt completely fine, not sick in slightest bit. The intense energy I felt in my ear began to subside too. I'm pretty sure I dozed off very quickly after that experience because that's all I can remember, and I woke up in my room the next morning. I want to say this was all my imagination, but the energy I felt was so foreign, so strange out-of-this-world even, I really believe I was helped by two multidimensional beings. They never tried to do anything until I asked for help, which honors free will. It all kinda makes a spooky sense to me.
I never took that drug again.

My second experience happened two night's ago. I took another painkiller, which is quite common for people with muscle pains to be prescribed. Nowhere near as powerful as the other drug, but this one was a name-brand version which in my experience, are always more potent than the generic's. I was laying in bed waiting to fall asleep when I suddenly felt that ringing ears again. (I feel this sensation quite a lot, and I believe it to be an someone/something somewhere else trying to talk to me.) So I gave it a chance and laid there listening. All the sudden in the back of my head I heard someone say "Hello." I replied back, "Hi, can you hear me?" Waited a few moments, "Yes." Now what's strange about this account is the voice I heard was always changing. Almost like it was pulling voices out of my own subconscious to communicate. I remember becoming very excited and apologizing for my energy fluctuating from excitement to caution. The voice said "It's alright." in a kind, chill kind of voice. I then tried asking it some hard questions. Like "what is your name?", "Are you good or bad?" I received no replies to these questions, so with that, I broke the connection and went to bed.

Next post please.

I have had a few serious life threatening injuries in my life, and have been prescribed some of the strongest pain killers available today. In my very distant past I have also experimented with many different kinds of recreational drugs, although I stopped all that nonsense many years ago.

With all that in mind, I have NEVER taken anything that resulted in my hearing voices in my head. If this story of yours is true, I highly doubt it was the medication that created the problem. I would seek professional help, if it were me.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteOmnipresence

This reminds me of the pope that heard God and the Devil having a conversation about mankind and God saying that the devil can do what he wishes with man for it is no longer his concern.

Last night i barely slept a wink i kept having vivid dreams of a past life and the voices,images and memories were flooding in. Either it was a past life or genetic memory that suddenly unlocked i don't know.

Also stay off the meds and/or drugs it will do more harm than good

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My grown children cannot take pain killers prescribed by the doctor without adverse effects.

I get their pain killers and keep them safe at my house.

Anyway, if your experiences only happen when you take pain medication then don't take it anymore. It's called adverse reaction to the medication.

I doubt it is any kind of metaphysical experience you had.

It is possible to have a nice trip in your head
without any substance ingested. It's the preferred way.

I think we are not supposed to be discussing this subject. I'm going to hide in the closet now.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Don't take the experience too hard on yourself. You probably might be light headed after taking pain killers.

About the voices, keep your mind open. If they meant something, you'll hear them again.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I think we are not supposed to be discussing this subject. I'm going to hide in the closet now.

First of all, thanks for all the replies guys, appreciate it!
Dizzie, is this thread really violating the T&C? I hope not! If so, I will delete the thread before I get punished. And we all know they are very strict here!!!

Omni

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

Hmmm, I feel quite sane, and I've only heard voices a couple of times. I don't think I am in need of any professional help. I have heard of other people having similar experiences on oxy so i'm not too worried that I'm losing my mind.

Omni

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowKreeper
As a user of prescribed strong pain meds I can't say I have heard voices but, visual 'disturbances' are very common for me. Not saying I see spirits but, its a pretty good description.

Woah very interesting!!! You have seen apparitions or like entities from the otherside? What in the world are these pharmaceutical companies synthesizing for us?!

Omni

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Well I will have to say stop experimenting with these meds! They are not to be played around with.

I was prescribed oxy's last year sometime and I took one and that was all I needed to NEVER take it again. I dealt with the pain. I saw and heard voices in my head all night. It literally freaked me out. I almost had a panic attack. I thought I was going INSANE. I would shut my eyes and see things I cant even describe. It was like I was hallucinating big time and I didnt like it at all. I freaked out so bad my roommate was ready to take me to the damn hospital. Why anyone would want to experiment with stuff like this is beyond me. I am not one to usually take any prescribed medicine but my doctor said it was like strong tylenol and it would help my back, so I took it....Yeah you can bet your behind I have never gone back to him for treatment.

I'm sorry you had such a horrible reaction to the medication. I know for sure i would have been freaking out too, but I think I was so high I just kinda played along while trying to remain calm. Plus after there strange energy connection through my ear, my stomach sickness began to go away. It could all be in my head, but I have a feeling this was a real spiritual experience.

If I were you I wouldn't go back to that doctor either!

Omni

top topics

join