It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public School nurses gave H1N1 vaccine without parents knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

School nurses mistakenly gave the swine flu vaccine to two students who didn't sign up for it - including a Brooklyn girl with epilepsy who wound up in the hospital.

"I was outraged," Naomi Troy, 26, told the Daily News after her 6-year-old daughter, Nikiyah Torres-Pierre, had a possible allergic reaction to the shot.

Officials at Public School 335 in Crown Heights called an ambulance to take Nikiyah to SUNY Downstate Medical Center when she fell ill following the arm jab.

"My stomach was hurting, and I was itching," Nikiyah said after she was released from the hospital.

The snafu and a similar mixup at a Staten Island school came in the first days of the city's in-school H1N1 vaccination program.

City officials have stressed the vaccine is safe and urged parents to sign up for it - though less than half have sent in permission slips.

Full article here...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I don't blame the mother for being livid.
I hope the child doesn't have any long term effects. People make mistakes, but this is a doozy!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Alarming, isn't it? Seems to be happening in a few places. I don't understand how it is possible to disregard written consent vs written non-consent? Infuriating...

Here's another similar thread. This one was the Health Dept. mistake, though it happened in a school environment.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Parents really need to be on top of this... kids need to know what to say and do if they are put in this position at school... Grrrr

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I can’t believe this. Was someone fired? Administering medical drugs to anyone without permission, and especially minor is a crime. They should be sued and held accountable for doing something they didn’t have permission to do.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Parents really need to be on top of this... kids need to know what to say and do if they are put in this position at school... Grrrr

That was my first thought. Perhaps an arm band stating "No Vaccine"! It's difficult for me to understand how this kind of accident could happen. If I had kids, I think I'd just take them out of school for a while.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's complete negligence by the school and the nurses. They should have had on record that the young girl had epilepsy, and besides, what gave them the authorisation to administer the vaccine?

Our vaccine nursing has got slacker and slacker. I remember reading an article not too long ago on a baby that was administered a cervical cancer vaccine for girls from the age I believe is 13 years and up.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hello there. Looks like someone beat you to it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the ongoing discussion also found in the pandemics forum.

Thanks!

Thread closed.

top topics

join