It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do ghosts/demons/evil spirits exist because people believe they exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Taking time/ego out of the equation changes things a little and I'd think for the better given the subject 'matter'.

Maybe they very much exist and we do too because they believe in us? Or a lot of things in between and beyond including other involvement real or implied

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't know but I personally don't count anything out.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I think yes. ghosts exist because people believe they exist. Everything is perception. How we perceive our world makes it our reality. If I perceive my father in law hating my guts, I believe he hates my guts and that is my reality. Its what I believe. While in reality he may not hate my guts at all and in his reality he loves me. Perception can be a wicked thing sometimes. But we must perceive to learn anything.

If some people perceive ghosts haunting them and watch ghost hunting shows 24/7 so be it. It is their reality.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I don't know for sure. However, I always thought it was possible that if you get enough people to believe in something or perhaps enough "brain" power if you will to believe in something it could manifest itself some how. Mass is energy. It's all a matter of how you focus it maybe?

However, I just don't know for sure. It does actually seems logical to me, but I don't know for sure.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

you've heard of those sorts of stories where people have encountered ghosts and did not realise at that time that they were ghosts, but learnt later on that the description of the person who they encountered matched the description of a dead person

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I have to respectfully disagree. If only it were that easy to think things in and out of existence.... I agree, the human mind is possibly more powerful and capable than we can ever imagine, but with that being said the only reason I believe in the paranormal is because I have seen things. Prior to my encounters I was as skeptical as they come. However, there is something to your theory, Ive noticed that people who seek out ghosts, demons, UFO's, are more likely to encounter them. Does this mean people who could care less about such things have less chance of encountering them? Or is it simply that people who are aware are more likely to notice, and not just brush off something as a trick of light, a shadow, or a weather balloon.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Does this mean people who could care less about such things have less chance of encountering them?

I think this is somewhat a little outrageous explanation but I think it has to do something with humans constantly quantum leaping between parallel universes (from Machio Kaku and like attracts like (power of the mind attracts the proper universe for you).

[edit on 9-11-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
if you've seen a hypnotist make a mockery of people on stage, then you know that people can be very easily made to completely ignore reality
now if people hype you up about a supposedly haunted house, maybe they are unconsciously doing what a hypnotist consciously does
so you go into the supposedly haunted house and experience things which are not there
i think most of the time this happens

also the hyping up doesn't have to be immediately prior to entering the so-called haunted house, the non-real experience of seeing ghosts etc. could also occur because of some horror movie which you watched as a kid, and these things were lying dormant in your mind, and now that you've entered a house which reminds you of a 'haunted house', these past memories/suggestions surface and might mess with your mind

i am not a skeptic, but i think in most cases, people are simply misguided by their emotions
what is required is a person who will encounter a terrifying ghost and still feel no fear, if such a person checks out a haunted house, he/she will be able to more accurately tell if the place is haunted or not

top topics

<< 1   >>

join