It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all participants of Breaking Alternative News.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I'm just blown away with the members that contribute threads and posts in BAN. I get my news much quicker than anywhere else. Sometime hours, sometimes days. I don't know how many times I've had a family member or co-worker say, "Did you hear...." and my response usually is, "Yup, old news."

Not just the thread starters but also those that debate the issues. It gives perspective to any given topic, not the prepackaged garbage that you get from the MSM. It gives you thinking points before anyone else. You read the responses and create your own thoughts on topics. Easy to debate. What's "news" to some isn't news for me.

My thanks to guys. Not only for the news but also for the perspective that is provided. It gives one a pause for thought. This is the only place I get my news. Way to go guys.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
yep, same here.

News i get here too.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yeah, yesterday my brother asked if I heard that Obama had declared a National Emergency.

I told him I had written a thread here on it and he should get his news from a different venue. I no longer even check any other venue before I check here. Keep up the good work folks.

edit for gramma

[edit on 11/2/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Same here regarding getting your news earlier than everyone else. I'll read something on ATS and then awhile later I'll be at a friends house or something, he'll be watching a news channel and I'll have heard everything they're saying days, sometimes a week earlier... Thanks to everyone who contributes.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I want to say that I agree wholeheartedly. This place rocks and a consequence of my participation here is being more efficiently informed than the rest of my social circle.

A great example is yesterday I saw a report (at a friends house and just happened to walk into the room when the report aired) stating that Subliminals are more effective when they use negative connotations. Not only was I astounded to see such an alternative topic airing on a mainstream news network...but it is years old...

I posted a Ban Topic a few years ago on that topic...

So yeah...GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yeah! it's really a treat and interesting perspective to take part of, and get reports first hand from all corners of the world when something is happening with breaking news! impressive indeed!

I think this is the most awsome thing here on this site!

Kudos to all ATS reporters around the world!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
my first stop is here for news, then I move onto the others. Like op stated, many times news was here first, days sometimes, mostly hours in advance of other "MSNews"

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
My co-workers have pretty much stopped asking me if I've heard "the news", as a matter of fact one always says, "I'll ask, but you've probably already discussed it on that website"...

Good Job guys, keep it up.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Most nights, my husband will ask me if I heard about a news story today and my response is, "Yes, yesterday on ATS."
And then we can have a good discussion about it because I've read several takes on the story. Love it!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The only downside to Breaking News is that a link needs to be provided... I've had a few cases where I couldn't post anything because it was literally breaking news; as such, no link could be provided.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
The only downside to Breaking News is that a link needs to be provided... I've had a few cases where I couldn't post anything because it was literally breaking news; as such, no link could be provided.

We have had those in the past. Merely type "Breaking News - Will Provide Link When Available", or something along those lines, and post it in BAN...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think you'll find this is the case with ANY community/blog site - this one is particularly good for 'alternative', but in general, national/world news item are broken (and discussed) on sites like this before anywhere else.

This site is special, indeed - but, not in this regard. Just MHO.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Same here. I can't tell you how many times I'll tell people things I've read or heard here only for them to say...

Yeah right, then a few days later they'll come up to me and ask.

How did you know?

new topics

top topics

join