It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost symbols - The dead don't talk, but their tombstones do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Lost symbols - The dead don't talk, but their tombstones do.

www.newsreview.com

When people stroll through the Chico Cemetery on Mangrove Avenue, they may not realize they’re seeing more than headstones and flowers. Upon closer inspection, the grave markers reveal an astonishing array of symbols, many connected to secret societies or exclusive groups such as Freemasons, Knights of the Templar, Daughters of the American Revolution, Odd Fellows, and many, many more.

“The Chico Cemetery has more secret-society symbols per square inch than any other cemetery in the world,”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think I actually missed the 'deadline' for 'breaking' news here... Please move if need be.

Saw this article, but got distracted by Halloween.

Chico California was founded by John Bidwell, an early pioneer and one of the first to strike gold in 1849. That is about all I know of the place.

Anyway, i thought the ATS population would enjoy the article, and especially the photographs in the article of the tombstone symbols from secret societies.

DocMoreau

www.newsreview.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
“The Chico Cemetery has more secret-society symbols per square inch than any other cemetery in the world,”

There I said it again. The most Secret Society Symbols per square inch, than any cemetery in the world. In the world.

And no one responds....

Odd bit from John Bidwell's wikipedia page

Fraternal allegiance

Bidwell was a Freemason for a time but left the group. He stated that allegiance to the fraternity "was pointless" in a letter to Annie Bidwell on October 17, 1867.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe that will stir the pot a bit...
DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Great thread thanks for posting it. It's always nice to see something secret being posted on Top Secret. It's pretty interesting that membership to these societies is so important to people that people even in death want to celebrate membership to them.

Very interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would guess that Forest Lawn in Cypress California has to be up there too, I've had to go there a handful of times & all of the symbols shown in that article are present in vast numbers there too...and the place is HUGE.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

The Hollywood Cemetary is another really neat one in California. A lot of history there. Money and fame sure won't keep you from getting a free ticket out of this world!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I really think it shows that we should all take a look to our local cemeteries.

At the very least we would see who/what societies had been active in our own areas, but we may also find out more information than that.

Since the author of the book has travelled to various cemeteries the world over, I think he must be aware of Forest Lawn and the others, and they may actually have more symbols, and larger symbols. But he is saying that the Chico Cemetery has more per square foot, but not the most.

Thanks for the support, I still can't believe that so few of us posted on this topic, but there can be pages and pages of rhetoric on similar threads that have less compelling evidence.

DocMoreau

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
“Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.”
-Confucius

Here's a famous tombstone. I just wonder how many other people have pyramid tombstones?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the symbol on this tomb means?
Maybe it's just my imagination...but I am thinking it could be the Seven Society. There appears to be a number seven intertwined between the two s's.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Here's another very odd tombstone.
Notice the Arm and Hammer motif?
I can't imagine that it has anything to do with baking soda.

I wonder what is the meaning of the shield image. Doesn't it look like a highway route sign?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't know. I wish I knew more about the symbols of the societies.

The second symbol in the highway shield looks like a masonic compass/square inside the shield, and inside the compass/square, and iron workers logo.

I dunno, thanks for checking my thread.
DocMoreau

new topics

top topics

join