It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmetics Contain Aborted Fetal Cell Lines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I guess I must be the only one wondering if it works well or not...*shrugs*.

Surely at this point in our understanding we can make synthetic stem cells, or adapt some other creatures cells for this type of usage...I mean, its wrinkles...your not growing a kidney, your trying to reactivate skin cells...would cow or sheep stem cells work just as well? could get a ton more of those with few if any people complaining.

Our science is seriously lacking...this whole stem cell creation should at this point be little more than a lab function verses spooning out stuff from a fetus.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
yeah, it was on the angry side* sorry..but still.its ewwwww

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
reply to post by boaby_phet

So basically, you are saying it's okay to clone human cells to use cosmetically, since it's just a clone and not the original human it should be okay?

That would be like cloning another me... just so I can have spare parts... or use it so that I can look younger with just a little bit of surgery.

I think it is ok. Those are human CELLS grown in petri dishes, not human being. In fact, human cells are used in many other therapies. As long as it doesnt have developed nervous system, its just a human tissue.
And in the future, it could be possible to clone some "spare" organs, instead of taking them from dead bodies like now. I dont see anything wrong with it, quite the oposite, imagine the possibilities!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by rogerstigers

Come on man
If they put human feces in your muffins and you got angry at that would that also go in the religious section?

Simple, if this is not wrong they why not put a list of ingredients on the package with this Aborted Fetal cell lines as well?

Put it on the packaging

Otherwise it's lying, the KNOW many would be against this.

If you can indicate to me a genuine known health issue with using human protiens, which naturally occur in skin, btw, in a skin lotion then I will concede the point. So far, the only reaction is "ewwww" over the fact that the lotion contains a protien that was extracted from a cell that is a distant descendant of some cells that belonged to a fetues that was never born in the first place. My God, people, have you seen what is in HOT DOGS? yeesh.

Human bodies die, the decompose, their parts are ingested by worms and insects, these get eaten by chickens, we eat the chickens, so we are ingesting pieces of humans. I know, bad choice of animals, but that is my point. We are in a closed system. We are ALREADY bathed in human components.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I haven't used make up since my high school days.

In my opinion women look like clowns when all made up.

It is also a terrible insult to hear someone say to another that they look so much better with make up on their face.

I do use lotions to ease dry skin but they are animal free products.

If there is no death involved I would consider bathing in the blood of virgins if it would take some of my wrinkles away.

There is not a lotion or cream that will permanently get rid of facial wrinkles.
Plastic surgery will but certainly not cells from a dead aborted human being.

These fetuses would probably better be utilized to feed the poor and starving people.

Dry it, grind into a powder and there you have a nutritious addition to the porridge the UN serves the hungry.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

These fetuses would probably better be utilized to feed the poor and starving people.

Lol. Come on, you have to draw the line somewhere!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join