It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmetics Contain Aborted Fetal Cell Lines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Cosmetics Contain Aborted Fetal Cell Lines

thebulletin.us

A national pro-life pharmaceutical watchdog agency is reporting that the Swiss-based dermatology and skin care corporation, Neocutis, is using aborted fetal cell lines to produce their anti-aging skin creams.

According to Debi Vinnedge, executive director of Children of God for Life, Neocutis has been marketing anti-aging skin care products that contain a key ingredient known as PSP®, or “Processed Skin Proteins.” This ingredient was developed at the University of Lausanne from the skin tissue of a 14-week gestation electively aborted male baby donated by the University Hospital in Swi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.freerepublic.com
www.lovethetruth.com

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I can't believe that someone would even think of doing this!!!

Apparently, Fetal Cell Lines are also used to produce vaccines as well.

I wonder if this can cause something like Mad Cow disease in humans?

You know what's amazing though... All those "Rights" groups would go nuts if this was made from some type of animal... or animal fetuses. But, here we have a human fetus being used and there is nothing but silence.

thebulletin.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting, abortion should not be allowed in the first place, but to use it in things such as skin creams? This just shows how far some people will go to be youthful... when age is a gift anyways. Whats next? A potion that makes you live forever... as long as you use your own mothers heart as the main ingredient...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

Placentas from live births go into cosmetics as well. Animal, and.......

Hospitals charge outrageous fees, yet what happens to all our parts when they are removed? Do we see a dime from it?

You don't own it once it is taken from you.

Why are you even questioning this, though? Anyone who decides to get an abortion could care less what happens to their mistake, anyway.

Odd though, they might have aborted a child, and then are slathering it on thier face.

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
make no mistake, cosmetics are a drug

makeup makes you look nicer, but it eats your skin, which makes you need more makeup, which is a dependancy

wonderful isn't it?

Fetal cell lines?
Disgusting!!!

YUKKKKK
I feel like vomiting

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Regardless of whether this is an unwanted child that was aborted... MHO is that it should not be used is something like this.

How would you feel if this was your aborted baby... or a sister, brother, etc...

This isn't to cure some horrible disease. This is being used for cosmetics!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'm sorry, why should something not wanted not be used for something else?

At least it is serving a purpose, other than going into a garbage dump.

These days everything needs to be recycled that can be. If people want to pay for it, then, there you go.

Would you propose an un-ceremonious dump in a garbage pit, or a burn pile?

Why do you consider human waste anything other than being waste? Waste is waste. At least this waste is being used for something!

edit to add:

Do you have any idea how many abortions are done every day? Stem cell researchers can't claim them all. I'd rather see these aborted cells, used for something productive, myself. It it is proven it works, there you go. Stem cell researches subject these cells to who knows what.

After much consideration, people should be more concerned about birth control than what will happen to something they don't want.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I'm sorry, why should something not wanted not be used for something else?

At least it is serving a purpose, other than going into a garbage dump.

These days everything needs to be recycled that can be. If people want to pay for it, then, there you go.

Would you propose an un-ceremonious dump in a garbage pit, or a burn pile?

Why do you consider human waste anything other than being waste? Waste is waste. At least this waste is being used for something!

Me personally, this shouldn't even be put in a garbage pit of burn pile. My opinion is that is should be treated with respect just like all once living animals. I'm not a religious person, but this to me is very unmoral and unethical.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
To me it almost sounds like something out of a horror movie. Going around finding aborted fetuses to grind up and use it as lotion on your skin...

They say truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. In this case... I agree. I don't even think Hollywood would want to portray this in a movie.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
wow, most interesting...

im not a fan of how this story has been twisted to sound gruesom and im saddent to see people on ats fall for propeganda like this...

you do realise that they have synthsized it to so speak, their not using cells from 1 baby in their products.... that would have to be one hell of a big baby !...##

what they have done is what science has been doing in petrie dishes for eons... they have got a cell then grown more... nothing really that bad...

now, if they were pulping up babies to put into their products id be worried, this story is 90% scare tactic media though,.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Actually, stuff like this has been occurring since the 80's. At least, that is as far back as I go age-wise but remember hearing about it even then.

I refuse to use such products- even products that contain placenta. It makes me feel like Elizabeth Bathory who would bathe in the blood of virgins to maintain her youth.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

So basically, you are saying it's okay to clone human cells to use cosmetically, since it's just a clone and not the original human it should be okay?

That would be like cloning another me... just so I can have spare parts... or use it so that I can look younger with just a little bit of surgery.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have a guy I often debate with here at work.
He's a religious guy, strong bible follower.

Today he said something, I told him of this story and his response was "this is the work of evolutionists, survival of the fitest, survival of the most beautiful".

I usually never agree with what he has to say, but enjoy our debates.
However this time, I believe he made an interesting point!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am having a hard time understanding what the problem is here. Ok, from a Christian slanted moral aspect, I can see how you might be offended, although we are in a closed system and chances are that parts of dead humans end up on you every day in the form of naturally recycled materials. From the point of view of someone who doesn't think humans are special or holy in any particular way, I have a hard time seeing this as being a clever use of human protiens.

Should this thread just be put in the religion section, since it looks like the only issue being discussed here is whether it offends religious sensabilities?

[edit on 11-2-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I have a guy I often debate with here at work.
He's a religious guy, strong bible follower.

Today he said something, I told him of this story and his response was "this is the work of evolutionists, survival of the fitest, survival of the most beautiful".

I usually never agree with what he has to say, but enjoy our debates.
However this time, I believe he made an interesting point!

Lol.. Three word reply to his quote... Tammy Fay Baker

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
At first when I read this I thought that it may have been a hoax....regardless if this is true it's disgusting. When it comes to the whole stem cell research thing I don't know exactly where I stand. In a way the medical advances from stem cell research is amazing, but the christian side of me feel horrible for the fetuses that will never be able to be born.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Come on man
If they put human feces in your muffins and you got angry at that would that also go in the religious section?

Simple, if this is not wrong they why not put a list of ingredients on the package with this Aborted Fetal cell lines as well?

Put it on the packaging

Otherwise it's lying, the KNOW many would be against this.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

basicly .... yes, im all for cloning body parts (im not just saying it to troll here).

its something think is actualy good because, as contravercial as it is it can improves other peoples lifes..

just imagine how many lifes coudl be saved and how much money the world in general would save in medical bills if we could grow compatible human kidneys ( this is just my example)

this post is not about human cloning, all thats been done is that some cells have been cultured, the very same way that a mushroom grows in the wild! ... a few spores (cells) come off the shroom, then they grow into more shrooms ... cells are not people but i believe they do have and know their purpose is to reproduce , and thats all thats happening.....

like i said,.,,, if they were litrely taking dead babys and mashing them up, i woudl be in absolute outrage, but all thats happened is that some cells were taken from 1 baby and that is what has been used... please correct me if i read the OP wrong.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
How inhumane can business and beuty get! sickening
first thought that went through my head, was baby and fetus's being tossed into an old hamburger grinder* the one with the hand crank on it* isnt thios illegal, or defy some kinda moral sense and issue of human law?
I work in retail..thiers a product called placenta* tis a small package women pu in thier hair. I think, the company is called Queen helen..im not sure. we used to jke about it at work time to time, whats next? fetus juice? what the heck, take the fetus and jsut rub it in yuor hair immediatly after abortion...make you look young and rejuvinates yuor skin cells.
Guess it aint funny no more* just seems....canabalistic* in this sense, regarding the article.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

please read the article in the op again and write another reply thats not just about being angry ...... no babies were snatched, it was donated for medical science, as the mother obviously though that something good coudl maybe come from this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join