It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The prophesy of plague and pestilence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread where plague was being discussed, but it was a fast moving thread, so it was ignored. But the concern about the H1N1 and other diseases is a deep concern to many that post on ATS.

Swine Flu
Avian Flu
SARS
Pneumonic Plague

Just a few of the recent diseases.

Check out a link that tracks all major diseases
www.poodwaddle.com...
Look at the left and click these two 1)Deaths 2)Illness
Statistically, Respiratory Infections is the number one threat to human health over 377 million cases so far this year. It seems like the lungs are weak spot in our immunity right now.

What the bible says about this
The book of Revelation Chapter 6

And they were given authority and power over a fourth part of the earth to kill with the sword and with famine and with plague (pestilence, disease)

Matthew 24:7

For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there will be famines, plagues, and earthquakes in various places.

Luke 21:26

People will faint from fear and apprehension because of the things that are to come on the inhabited world

Sadly a sign of our times. But it means we are deep into the last part of the end times.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

With no disrespect to your faith at all, I think if you look back in history, you will not find any period (within a 100 year time-span) that does not meet these passages.

Throughout history, all of these have been prevalent every few decades and hence the saying that we will not know when the time is near.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Yes but weren't medical advancements suppose to negate much of the sickness we see today, instead it got worse statistically, the bible predicts we would have a broader knowledge of world wide pestilence. In 500 AD Europeans would never know what diseases where effecting the Americas, or later on the natives of America wouldn't know the Bubonic plague was racing across Europe.
So it is true we have always had disease, modern communication makes it known to everybody and quickly, and that is new, as God knew would happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Also with great respect...I have to agree that this is...well typical life. It doesn't matter that doctors are more prevalent now. The black death, Spanish flu, Polio...all things that wiped out a HUGE portion of people and all of those match the end of times plague scenarios. You have to remember that doctors in the 1300's were advanced for that time and we are advanced for now...50 years from now I bet our medicine will look like child's play to their civilization. Then some new mass hysteria will break out and it will be end of times...again...like it has been the last 100 times

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Epidemics, diseases, virus outbreaks, have been happening since the dawn of mankind. It's nothing new actually.

When it comes to Biblical prophecy, always take note that major plagues or disasters, as in the case of the plagues in Egypt, were always carried out by prophets with a warning message. If people do not repent, the plagues will destroy them.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Why do you still try? How do you even find the strength to try? Do you really think the empty heads here will listen? At least you still try, I gave up. Good post Bluy-Jay, sadly they will never understand, and those that do already know what your talking about.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

Well I am used to it, but if even one person mediates and investigates the validity of my post and the scriptures it was worth it.

And those critical posts unknowingly fulfill bible prophesy too.

2 Peter 3: 3 & 4

3 First, you must understand this: In the last days people who follow their own desires will appear. These disrespectful people will ridicule God's promise
4 by saying, "What's happened to his promise to return? Ever since our ancestors died, everything continues as it did from the beginning of the world."

For people that are spiritually minded at ATS I am just trying to help them.
I always expect to be mocked and ridiculed by atheists, that's normal.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Matthew 24

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

According to scriptures, plagues are merely one of the signs that the coming of the Lord is imminent, it is not *the* sign, however. It is merely the beginning of sorrows.

These are the signs to look for :

1. 2 Prophets of God warning the world to repent
2. 3rd Temple with the false Christ sitting in the throne
3. Abomination set up at the temple
4. Heavy persecution of the true Christians - they will be persecuted and put to death
5. False prophets abound to direct people to worship the false Christ
6. Supposed Christian brothers and sisters will betray one another
7. Mark of the beast on everyone's forehead, except the true Christians

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

Yes, well they didn't listen to Noah either, until it was too late.

These videos are in Lemon.Fresh's signature, but I think are relevent to this post, and the times in which we live. Called Daniel's Timeline:

www.youtube.com...

Good job, Blue Jay and God Bless

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
Matthew 24
7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

According to scriptures, plagues are merely one of the signs that the coming of the Lord is imminent, it is not *the* sign, however. It is merely the beginning of sorrows.

These are the signs to look for :

1. 2 Prophets of God warning the world to repent
2. 3rd Temple with the false Christ sitting in the throne
3. Abomination set up at the temple
4. Heavy persecution of the true Christians - they will be persecuted and put to death
5. False prophets abound to direct people to worship the false Christ
6. Supposed Christian brothers and sisters will betray one another
7. Mark of the beast on everyone's forehead, except the true Christians

I have to agree with amitheone on this one ..
The first part of the trib hasnt even happened yet (third part of trees burnt up 1/3 of people die from drinking poisoned water etc ) is not the wrath of God ....(which doesnt happen till the final years) ...............

I have always thought that the beginning of sorrows could actually be manmade disasters ..
The Devil would like nothing better than for people to believe we are already in the trib etc then they will believe that when the AC comes that he is the Lord who has come back for the thousand year reign of Jesus Christ .
(I think we are in a pre endtimes where man and satan are mimicking end times events so that many will believe the AC to be Christ when he comes with his fake second comeing with angels etc )

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Just remember the main thing the Apostles and Jesus preached for the end times is that there would be MUCH DECEPTION ..so much so that if it were possible it would deceive even the Elect of God .
So I dont trust much of anything these days when it comes to end times ..and satans deceptions ...he is smarter than we are and he whispers in the ears of men to do his bidding ..so I am pretty sure much is happening that he is responsible for all for the sake of DECEIVING .........

Not that I think the real trib isnt actually at the door .....because I do believe it is certainly at the door and about to really take place .....

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

Epidemics, diseases, virus outbreaks, have been happening since the dawn of mankind. It's nothing new actually.

When it comes to Biblical prophecy, always take note that major plagues or disasters, as in the case of the plagues in Egypt, were always carried out by prophets with a warning message. If people do not repent, the plagues will destroy them.
The warning is integral with the spread of the Gospel, so there is no future warning to look for.
The power to destroy has been given, and it is in the hands of desperately evil people, who are more than happy to carry it out.
The delusion comes from your TV set.
We are Babylon and failed to hear the warning to worship the creator and have fallen into trusting the works of our own hands.
This is the time for repentance, for the individual, but the world is being judged right now. The window of opportunity will not be open forever because there will be a time when the Temple in heaven can not be entered, as being filled with smoke. From that point, onward, the time for making right with God is over and then people will call for the mountains to fall on them, to hide them from the coming of the Lord.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by jmdewey60]

top topics

join