It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers involved in drug trade: Afghan minister

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Occupiers involved in drug trade: Afghan minister

www.presstv.ir

The Afghan minister of counter narcotics says foreign troops are earning money from drug production in Afghanistan.

General Khodaidad Khodaidad said the majority of drugs are stockpiled in two provinces controlled by troops from the US, the UK, and Canada, IRNA reported on Saturday.

He went on to say that NATO forces are taxing the production of opium in the regions under their control.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm wondering just how long we are going to put up with this criminal hypocrisy? How many sources have to reveal US involvement in narcotics trafficking before we put a stop to it? Why isn't the mainstream media all over this?

First attempt to submit the above resulted in the website script complaining:

ERRORS IN YOUR SUBMISSION

Your submission did not include a sufficient amount of your own comments or observations. Please write a meaningful summary of your comments on the news article, and try again.

C'mon folks -- I'm a man of few words. :-)

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by praxis

I'm wondering just how long we are going to put up with this criminal hypocrisy? How many sources have to reveal US involvement in narcotics trafficking before we put a stop to it? Why isn't the mainstream media all over this?

It is not only the US, the British contingent are up to the same thing. Our respective secret intelligence services are funded by the international drug trade, have been for decades now. It stops, so do they.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Great Avian Flu Avatar!! I totally agree with this post. The war on drugs is a two headed dragon fighting itself. Job security baby!! George Bush Sr as CIA head was the biggest drug dealer America has ever known.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Great Avian Flu Avatar!! I totally agree with this post. The war on drugs is a two headed dragon fighting itself. Job security baby!! George Bush Sr as CIA head was the biggest drug dealer America has ever known.

Yeah right on Groingrinder,
You should also look into Bill Clintons activities when he was governor of Arkansaas and big buddy of George Senior.
effin scumbags,
PEACE,
RK

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
British and American intelligence have been involved in the drug industry for years now it's not surprising that they would be looking to gain control of the heroin business now,the sad thing is whenever stories like this are reported about it is generally ignored or if it is noticed it's considered "conspiracy theory."Deep down many people don't wanna believe that their men and women in uniform or intell people are dealing drugs to their own countrymen.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the "Anti-Press TV" folks to come into this thread and start bashing how the U.S. can never do anything wrong.

In reality, they just don't want to face the big bad monster that's sleeping in their own backyard, so they'll do everything they can to convince themselves the Middle East is the problem.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
POPPIES FOR MEDICINE

been posting this link for who knows how many times allready...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
British and American intelligence have been involved in the drug industry for years now it's not surprising that they would be looking to gain control of the heroin business now,the sad thing is whenever stories like this are reported about it is generally ignored or if it is noticed it's considered "conspiracy theory."Deep down many people don't wanna believe that their men and women in uniform or intell people are dealing drugs to their own countrymen.

A nice summary of a cruel reality!

Yes its more sad that the press does not report the truth than the actual dope dealing and even the afghan war based on bs propaganda. But here is the catch; ITS CLASSIFIED! Should I say it again? ITS CLASSIFIED!

Anytime classified material gets leaked on a media outlet it automatically becomes "fringe" conspiracy talk because the government has trained agents that plug leaks.

Oh boy, now they gonna ask me "can you prove it" or "stop spreading lies"...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So this is new news?

Some people tried to expose the truth, and died for it. Because they were there to see it for themselves.

Pat Tillman, anyone?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic that the DEA is supposedly stopping major drug dealers from importing and dealing drugs at the wholesale level while the CIA covertly imports it? Hypocracy at its best!

Yea they catch a few blacks and hispanics now and then just to sell people the notion hey we are actually controlling the situation but all the "mafia" kingpins always get away....thats because the illuminati wants a monopoly on drugs, just like they want a monopoly on everything else valuable. If that wasn't the case drugs would be so expenisve it would be cheaper to buy gold and only rich people would be addicted. Instead they want the lower middle class knocked-out so they can never really challenge the government or the elite above them. They will always be deemed unimportant and people will disrespect them.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
So this is new news?

Some people tried to expose the truth, and died for it. Because they were there to see it for themselves.

Pat Tillman, anyone?

What about Pat ? Do you have proof ? If not I really wouldn't be posting about him in such a way . Insinuating anything at all ..unless you have proof of course .Then please share .I am sure his family wouldn't appreciate it at all .

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
its been open policy since 2005 , this is not "new" news.

they might say they are fighting what not farmers out there , truth is they buy and ship the stuff back home and using your children as guards for the "legal" trade.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Surely somebody has a video or transcript of the General/Afghan Minister muttering such words.

I am just surprised that the use of such high powered words weren't captured on tape for al the world to see.

Does anybody know where he said this, what day exactly, who he said it to?

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFwife

What about Pat ? Do you have proof ? If not I really wouldn't be posting about him in such a way . Insinuating anything at all ..unless you have proof of course .Then please share .I am sure his family wouldn't appreciate it at all .

Do you have proof that it wasn't what it was? Please provide.

As for his family? I am sure they would like to know what happened to their son, and also, that he died for an important reason.

Do you think you will get the truth, from the government? Just like this thread. Who can actually prove it?

He died by suspicious friendly fire. He was not killed by the enemy. All you have to do is research it for yourself.

This was a famous guy, who enlisted because of his younger brother enlisting to defend the country.

Defending poppy fields, is not defending the country.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Notice how this little tidbit at the end was left out of the very tiny article?

A recent report by the United Nations states that Afghan opium is having a devastating impact on the world, killing thousands in consumer countries.

The opium trade is the major source of Taliban financing.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

but was nt ISI and CIA the main financiers for the taliban movement in the beginning

like feeding a dog growth hormones then letting it loose and blaming the dog for its actions...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The U.S. government is the biggest drug kingpin. Thats why they arrest so many people for using and selling stuff that is not theirs. Cops in LA know this very well.

I don't think drugs are good but some have medical uses and the Government don't care about anyones heath being good. If someone is an addict of illegal drugs they just put them on legal prescription drugs.

The U.S. government runs cartels in just about every country on the planet. Vietnam was drug out so long because of the drug running and now they have a gold mine in A-Stan with Oil and Drugs.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by jam321

Notice how this little tidbit at the end was left out of the very tiny article?

A recent report by the United Nations states that Afghan opium is having a devastating impact on the world, killing thousands in consumer countries.

The opium trade is the major source of Taliban financing.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

Except that it's against the Muslim's religion to engage in any kind of drug use or trade. And the Taliban was shutting down poppy fields like gangbusters during their time in charge in Afghanistan which was destroying the illicit opiate trade. But yeah, the UN and the US wouldn't lie...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The feds have been dealing with narcotics for decades. Ever since they've been illegal for everyone else.

They've been caught bringing narcotics over from South America in planes more than once. It's well-known that opium production has skyrocketed in Afghanistan since our invasion, since the Taliban persecuted it but "coalition forces" apparently are not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join