It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the yogi who has not eaten anything during the past 65 years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is a delicate topic. For two reason, One the Christians and all other monotheistic religions will see this as a threat to their beliefs and the scientists will see this as nothing more than magic tricks.

My personal view is there are things we dont understand and i reserve judgment until i actually meet the guy or have first hand evidence of his claims. BUT if even half the stuff in that doco is true then its just another example of how mind over matter truly is the way of life. Look even if he sneaked in a couple of sips of water once a day to last 10 days with no food and a few sips of water is amazing. Regardless how he does it you have to admire his conviction. If this is a sham this guy is the best scam artist i have seen.

star and flagged

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My best friend is Armenian. He told me a story a while back, and while I don't recall word for word, I'll do my best to reiterate:

The first country to become entirely Christian was Armenia. A long time ago, there was a man who was teaching Christianity. At the time, this was heresy, so the king decided to punish this man by throwing him in a dungeon.

For forty days he was cast into the darkness, with no food or water. When the guards came to see his body, expecting him to be dead, they were surprised. He was still Alive! They sent him to the king, and he asked, "How have you survived"? He said that he prayed to his Christian God, and knew he would be well through his grace.

After seeing the power of this way, the king declared Christianity to be the national religion.

Does anyone know the validity to this story? I know it's not word for word, but that's what he told me basically some years ago. I found it interesting that the days were 40, just like the flood.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have read that in reality ones appetite is purely an ego driven idea that only re-enforces the body-mind connection. Instead of the Spirit Mind connection when all one needs is divine light to sustain the body.

As it says in the New Testament;
But he answered and said, "It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."
Matthew 4:4

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Its hard to believe that we do not need sustinance in the form of food and drink because as a species we have developed a sophisticated digestive system-the energy efficient way our bodies develop suggest that if we really did not need food or water,we would no longer have such a digestive system,as it would be a massive waste of energy.

All very interesting though,and certainly puts a good case for the power of mind over matter.

The Armenian story mentioned by Unity also illustrates this I believe.
Interesting that the common theme of buddha boy and the Armenian story is devotion/religion.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

loool.... i'm an armenian too... (by birth)...

you can refer to that story here.....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i think it could be possible... i mean, it has to do something with his mental state/spirituality i presume, having complete control over his body/tastes? if some extraterrestrials don't have the need to eat and gain their energy from the cosmos/sunlight, why couldnt this guy have a similiar issue aswell?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
If not a forgery of some kind, that guy is a plant. I've heard about prana-nourishment, taking nutrients from the air. But then again, this is a video clip and in television, they can claim everything it seems (which isn't necessarily true).

However, I don't want to make an opinion whether this is a forgery or not.

This should just include the ticker "Don't try this at home"

All the best,

-v

lol i love how people jump in on the c onvo with their opinions ablaze and didn't even freaking watch the video we're talking about..

wel IIII think blablablablabla

aaand you don't even know what was in the video.. the specifics.. you just generalize and think you've got somethign to say that's relevant.

well what you jsut said is not relevant my friend.

this in no way is about someone surviving off of air and they never say that.

he specifically points out that the suns rays energize him through his 3rd eye and a gland in the pallete of this mouth fills up with a thimbleful-amount of nutty nectar that sustains him.

this develops after a kundalini awakening.. people that are going through what they foolishly call 'morgellons' are going through this transformation into immortality.

simple. watch the video.. theennnnn comment..

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I know meditating is good etc.

But why do they take such joys out of life such as not eating food.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

this develops after a kundalini awakening.. people that are going through what they foolishly call 'morgellons' are going through this transformation into immortality.

What does this mean?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

What does this mean?

He appears to be implying three things:

First, that the ability to generate physical sustenance by processing sunlight through the third eye is a natural consequence of an "awakened" kundalini.

Second, that morgellons is a physical manifestation of this awakening process in some people.

Third, that people who disagree with his interpretation are foolish.

why do they take such joys out of
life such as not eating food.

A living being must die to bring you that pleasure.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I believe it and I would like to know more on this... What's this guy doing now?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Not long ago finished reading:

"The Holographic Universe"
By Michael Talbot

In this book the above is covered as well, what I was wondering is if this guy mentioned in the start of this thread the same guy that is referenced in the book? as the guy referenced in the book also came from India.

Anyone know ?

Thanks.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If it's true, then he could be absorbing everything from the ground much like a plant, I'm just about certain he walks around barefoot most of the time. Maybe salts or something he bathes in is providing him with nutrients, in my head I can easily see a connection between this and hydroponics.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't believe that he doesn't eat.
Look at the size of his fork!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2830abc7180.jpg[/atsimg]

I saw the video where he bathed...lots of water running down his face and into his beard. I am sure he is getting his hydro this way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join