It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm so military

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've been reading Ender's game and really was excited for a military career for some of it's discipline aspects, but then I come across this....

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by socrates271]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Your link's broken. Which youtube video is it supposed to be pointing to?

Edit: Nevermind, you fixed it while I was typing.
Off to watch it now.

Edit 2: So a video full of opinions and no facts changed your mind about the military? And you take those opinions as facts without question?

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by socrates271

a soldier with bad leadership can be led into the outcome that guy seems to have. But believing that every soldier is sent to kill innocent people is not at all true. Bad things happen in war. Sometimes bad people do bad things. To tar the entire group because of one mans opinion is disingenuous at best. I am not selling any idea that you should join the army or anything, but don't be one of those guys who limits your research to one paragraph. Ask around to some others with experience before judging.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
So a video full of opinions and no facts changed your mind about the military?

Hey, why not? A science fiction book made him want to join in the first place.

Ender's Game is a great book, by the way.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Hey, why not? A science fiction book made him want to join in the first place.

Ender's Game is a great book, by the way.

That is a good point.. It makes sense when I think about it that way.

I've never heard of Ender's Game before but I may have to put it on my reading list.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

it's a great book. There is a whole series.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271
I've been reading Ender's game and really was excited for a military career for some of it's discipline aspects, but then I come across this....

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by socrates271]

Yeah! Enders game was a great book - I picked up in our supermarket sale and didn't expect it to be any good - but o'boy, was I surprised? - I found a good weekend book!

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by socrates271

I’m not sure what the video is about, but as a former Soldier who served in both current theaters here is a word of advice is you choose to enlist.

1.) You decide what field you want tell your recruiter this is what I want. Make sure your ASVAB scores are good. And if they come up with a different option for you can walk away from the table, I can guarantee you they will come back with the Job you want.

2.) When you’re in Basic/AIT training do with the Drill Sergeants tell you to do, they are there for a reason, they know what they’re talking about. If you give it your all they will leave you be.

3.) When you get to your unit, stay away from Soldiers who are bad, guys who are always getting into trouble by their Sergeants, you don’t want to get associated with them, you will be guilty by association.

4.) There use to be a saying in the old days "Don’t Volunteer for anything" I am suggesting that you do Volunteer for stupid details that come up. the Leadership will see that you are taking initiative. ( Now be careful of what details you volunteer for, but as a general rule volunteer.0

5.) Ask to go to every Soldier of the Month/Quarter/Year board, this is another good indicator for leadership and a guarantee fast track for promotions. ( win the board and study)

6.) Education- Due military and civilian classes. These can be done online and it goes along way for promotion, and helps you if you decided to be an officer.

7.) PT- Try to max your 2mile Run, Push-ups, and sit-ups it also gets you noticed.

All in all you need to give a hundred percent if you join. It will fast track your career promotions, and you will excel. stay away from the "bad boys" and by law you do not have to follow orders that are illegal, and damnit you better make sure they are illegal orders.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I consider the source. I looked into the video creators Youtube page. This guy has issues with just about everybody and everything.

I wonder if he can create a video without the Phrase...

"I'm So"

I'M SO EMO
I'M SO EMO 2
I'm So Scene Kid Song
I'm So Goth Song
I'm So Gamer Song
I'm So Pedophile Song
I'm So Newsworthy Song
I'm So Whore Song
I'm So Halloween Song
I'm So Conspiracy Song
I'm So Hippie Song