It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start a case on the ATS court?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Although I think it's a good idea in theory, the actuality of it -- not so much.

My guess is that you have some topic, that you feel you have "proven", yet the thread was riddled with nay-sayers that ended up dominating the conversation. Therefore, you were never really able to "prove your point" to the rest. Instead, you were bogged down trying to counter-attack, but alas, you were outnumbered.

I know your pain - I've been there.

Having said that, "ATS Court" is not going to help your cause since the outcome of the "trial" will mean nothing. Even if you win in ATS court -- the judges are not going to say: "OK...from now on [insert topic] is considered "truthful or proven". Guess what? The nay-sayers will simply post why they think the court ruled incorrectly.

If it's the satisfaction of being right that you are after, I wouldn't bother. Even the most mundane, obvious issues/thoughts become reason for "debate" on ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Having said that, "ATS Court" is not going to help your cause since the outcome of the "trial" will mean nothing. Even if you win in ATS court -- the judges are not going to say: "OK...from now on [insert topic] is considered "truthful or proven". Guess what? The nay-sayers will simply post why they think the court ruled incorrectly.

If it's the satisfaction of being right that you are after, I wouldn't bother. Even the most mundane, obvious issues/thoughts become reason for "debate" on ATS.

I know but sometimes you wish you had something solid. I also know that a court wouldn't benefit most topics.

Maybe submitting threads to enter . And or voting or maybe star ranking within the thread could be applied. So you can see if the host can withstand and win debates with stars given by entering members.. Give more depth in discussion?

so you can see who's on winning hand sort of speak.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Double Post...

[edit on Mon, 02 Nov 2009 15:25:07 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Yeah something like that
.. And the winner gets the fur ball

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Randomly select a Jury that decides the outcome and have a judge to malke sure the arguments are "legal".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join