It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts From a Soldier in Training

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I read some other articles on this battle, and apparently U.S. forces did send in a great deal of air fire power. I am surprised that they didn't land more troops to try and cut off these Taliban forces from escape. I am surprised that they didn't bring in more troops just to take control of the area for a period. I would suspect that there is a great deal more to this story than has been allowed to be reported.

While many of the Taliban know the area, chances are the many come from a considerable distance, so they would also have to depend on local guides to find escape routes.

It seems that the longer our troops are in country, the better they will come to know the terrain. While our troops will not have generations of knowledge to depend on, they will have the advantage of mapping technology that can help guide them. Knowledge of the terrain can only offer so much advantage.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
even though this is more than likely a completely different type of war in some aspects, the main objectives of vietnam were in order,
1. Reconisence and Survelance
2. Firepower
3. Mobility
4. Command and Control
5. Logistics
these were coincided with,
1. Interdiction
2. Search and Destroy
3. Clear and Hold
4. Support to other Units
5. Clearing and Securing Roads and Highways
If things are still the same, then there certainly would have been support for this outpost by other units, and more than likely within response range of Air support from their bases. Reconicence and Survelance would have top priority before setting up a base anywhere to begin with.
It is a war and strikes such as this one do occur when fighting an enemy who use guerrilla tactics.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by rainfall

Now the word is that the government knew and did nothing, hence "Bushes Pearl Harbor".

So, when did this little tidbit 'trickle' down into the ranks??
How long did you suspect this was, 'bush's pearl harbor??

And IF this is so...(Bush allowing it to happen) wouldn't that mean that the Bush administration, including the military are responsible for the deaths of 3,000 americans?

So you quietly stand by and take orders to kill people in other Countries when you should be going after the administration that 'allowed' this to happen...how does this make sense to you??

When will you big tough warriors learn that you are noting more than cannon fodder to the people who are pulling the strings from behind the government...

If your commander is ordered to sacrifice some of his own men to a 'false flag' to escalate the war, do you think he will disobey orders?? If you answered yes you have a lot of growing up to do...

The soldiers being killed and maimed over there get NO sympathy from me.

Have a great day.

I didn’t suspect The government knew it was going to happen at first, I thought it was an attack. Then 3 years later I heard through the vine that the government had information that the attackers were planning to use airplanes as missiles to attack high profile targets. This information was released to the public shortly after (6 months) Bush said the Intel was faulty, I am not to sure about that.

The Military is well aware that we were a no show on 9-11, that eats at us, we failed out the one thing we get paid to do, protect our own, so no need to point that out.

We are also aware that we are nothing more than "cannon fodder", However you are not aware that the military is better trained and equipped then people who are pulling the strings.... Notice how a bunch of big wigs have died recently in "suicides".

You should also know that the military is not a bunch of mindless group of barbarians, when are free thinkers who understand the chain of command, we also understand that we will not follow orders that our in direct violation of law. (granted some soldiers don’t and they’re the ones in Leavenworth now)

You say I need to grow up, maybe you should take a breath and do the same, you are a coward who hides behind a keyboard or a protest sign, someone who never does anything to change the current system... Who does that make a child?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The rules of engagement hinder all possibilities of progress it seems. This war could be "won" very easily if it were not for these rules of engagement. A soldier can only do so much with one hand and one foot tied behind his back while being connected to a huge virtual ball and chain.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

One glorious day, I have no doubt that you will find nothing standing between yourself and "the bad men"

That 'glorious' day is here my friend....the American people have been let down by their own government.......while the military is off chasing down some 'boogie man' somewhere in a cave in the middle east...the American people are having their rights dismantled daily by a treasonous government...

Get YOUR priorities straight...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall

Originally posted by nenothtu

One glorious day, I have no doubt that you will find nothing standing between yourself and "the bad men"

That 'glorious' day is here my friend....the American people have been let down by their own government.......while the military is off chasing down some 'boogie man' somewhere in a cave in the middle east...the American people are having their rights dismantled daily by a treasonous government...

Get YOUR priorities straight...

Thanks, I'm able to align my own priorities without your help, and have done so. By all means, continue to trash the only thing standing between your tender self and the "bad men". As you say, karma will eventually take a big bite out of ya. Don't say you didn't know.

Out of curiosity, since you are so far superior to those actually DOING something, and have gotten your priorities straight, what have you done to restore my liberties today, and defend me from the bad guys, whoever you may think they are?

I've already DONE my part, and will doubtless be called upon to do yet more in the future. What have YOU done?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Raindrop, I never considered myself cannon fodder.

And contrary to your better assumption, we don't go to foreign lands to kill others strictly on orders.

Oh no.

We actually take the initiative and go kill others. You see, soldiers are much more intelligent, intuitive, and based in reality than you are with your wild rantings and smart-assed comments.

You don't mind that our soldiers get killed in combat?

Drive on.

They're not fighting for you anyway.

There's always a turd in every crowd who drinks deeply from the milk of the courageous and dedicated, but themselves can't even feed or water the cow of freedom, much less grab a tit and contribute themselves.

They delude themselves into thinking they're above all that, when in reality, soldiers crossing a chicken coop step in better stuff.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
wow.. this thread has completly drop site of what the OP was asking for .. instead all we get is name calling and I know more than you think i do .. blah blah blah..

CAN WE STOP now and start back at square 1?? PLZ !! I for one, would like to see some more intelligent points of view from the ATS military members~!

IS ATS a conspiracty site or not? ~!

my points reposted below..

1). no mention of what unit it was that was taken down. (prolly don't want to mention the unit, dunno)

2). Even though it says Army, Would it be the 'Army' National Guard? If it was, that would be a big factor! (I know I'll get flamed for this, but I feel for the NG's overseas, they should never be there, PERIOD!)

3). No other MSM is reporting this if this s/b 'big' news.. why isn't?

4). The place in the pic on the right in the link to the full article where the chopper that is repelling supplies or taking on supplies, in the pic is very eerily similar to the first episode of the New Stargate series~! That's creepy.

5). With the amount of high tech the army has, I DON'T BELIEVE A SINGLE WORD OF THIS ARTICLE~! UNLESS,

a). The high tech supplies never got to the the outpost as promised because of the harsh terrain, ect; it happens.
b). No high tech every available; but, with HUGE amounts of $$$$ pouring in from the US budget, that TOTALLY seems unlikely~!!
c). Were forced to defend an outpost without any regard to investigating the complaints of the soldiers about not having enough supplies to do a solid job!!

6). Bad Intel or none at all.
7). They had no escape route.

Here's what I don't quite under stand, and it's been a few years since I've been in, but I'm sure the full timers can shed a little more light...

Ok, first off .. Yes I would like to know what this could happen since they state in their own words....-->The enemy struck with devastating speed and firepower, each time nearly overwhelming highly trained, battle-hardened defenders. Combined, 17 soldiers were killed, 51 wounded.

To me this would mean:
~There's ALWAYS a visual/audio lookout, good enough to see or hear what/who is coming; 24/7
~Having enough ammo/supplies/soldiers to defend it for a good while until the CO calls in for more support if the fight looks like it's starting to get worse.
~To me, battle-harded Defenders is quite a statement to me which puts in my mind soldiers that have been on the front lines for no less that a year, but more like 2 years and in constant fighting. So we're NOT talking about fresh recruits who also practice in FPS games to hone their skills!
~Regardless of the terrain, they can get the job done, given the proper equipment/support; and have proven it so time and time again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join