It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Footprints-what or who made them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I was pretty sure there was humour in your reply lol.. i just didnt want to come across as rude with the comment i made initially.. warm greetings to you, another fellow practitioner is always a joy to meet.. i hope this finds life treating you well friend.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision
reply to post by Winchester_La

its sounds very much like the same being who did both areas..and i am hesitant to believe the simple animal theory, it seems a bit too...strange i guess.. for such a basic answer, as though its the easiest way for some to just dismiss the incident all together..

So what are you suggesting left the tracks exactly? Details help (and no, this is not a sarcastic response - it's a genuine interest). I'm also surprised that given your interest in these tracks in Devon that you've not heard of spring-heeled jack! Regardless I'm eagerly awaiting your reply.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I know that i have heard of him in the past, just nothing in depth, usually He is brought up along with other 'mysteries' but i will absolutely be digging into the topic!!

As for what i think made the tracks, i am not at all sure..but my theories include energy beings of sorts, ones that would be able to pass through fencing and other solid barriers..as even ghosts who are able to do the same (passing through solid objects with ease) have been reported to leave foot prints now and then..whenever i hear of this case i do think of what some would call demons..for what reasons it may have had i havent a clue lol, but the stance of the prints, and the way it showed the being that made the tracks was moving doesnt make me think human prankster or animal.. a kangaroo perhaps lol but even then it would have made lift off marks by the tracks before the fences, and the case clearly states no such evidence was left to indicate push off to launch into a jump.. so that takes me back to my theory on a noncorporial entity..perhaps looking for something or someone specific..
something along the lines even of shadow men- i have heard of them leaving some physical evidence after a sighting such as foot or hand prints on walls and ceilings..also grouped with the mothman and hatman..
Then again it also brings to mind what are known here in Wales as the 'Fae' the little people in varying sizes of little!
Over all i am pretty sure human or animal activity in this case can be ruled out by myself personally.. so whats that leave? interdmensional energies and/or beings?...
sorry for rambling a bit, its late but i wished to reply before heading to bed for the night
The written story i believe goes into a bit more detail, i will have a look in the morning to see if i can find it to post here.. it may touch on aspects not spoke of in the video..

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Shadow people strike a personal note with me due to experiences as a child, I've not heard of them leaving any physical evidence behind before though. If this was the case why would they be walking for a hundred miles through the countryside? I can't think of a reason to be honest. Anyway I shall be sleeping on this too - thanks for sharing and no doubt the discussion with continue tomorrow. Rest well.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Shadow people strike a personal note with me due to experiences as a child, I've not heard of them leaving any physical evidence behind before though. If this was the case why would they be walking for a hundred miles through the countryside? I can't think of a reason to be honest. Anyway I shall be sleeping on this too - thanks for sharing and no doubt the discussion with continue tomorrow. Rest well.

My apologies for not returning to this thread sooner.. life happened and i havent been able to have either focus or concentration to get here lol

I see what you mean on the shadow people walking the country side.. all i can think with that is they had their reasons which are unknown to us.. either that or non human entities have a sense of humour and left the prints as a joke...anything is possible really..

All i can say on this with the most certainty is that it wasnt human.. which leaves a huge range of other possibilities.. and its not that my mind wants this case to be of 'paranormal' origin, its just the whole scene screams paranormal to me.. perhaps the being was looking for something or some one? everyone was asleep making it easier i would think, for the being to be unseen and go about its business..If the same thing happened today most people would indeed be jumping up and down yelling 'fake, fake'! ..
Just too many things dont really add up in the story such as the direction and spacing between the tracks, the tracks stopping but leaves no push-off marks before the prints continue on the other side.. And as you pointed out.. why? wha the hell was the point for the being to do this?? unless maybe its an energy consumer then in that case it would have sparked the peoples fear and confusion.. it just really would have been nice if one of the villagers had actually gotten up for a drink or bathroom trip..whatever.. they may have seen something had that happened!!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The more i look at this, the more simalarities appear between this and spring heeled Jack. The strange happenings were nationwide with many different takes on the elusive entity.

Some good reading on the subject can be found below:

Spring Heeled Jack

Maybe some of our American friends could shed some more truths on this as spring heel was reported in Louisville in July 1880. His antics and appearance was striking to reports on our own shores.

Clicky

Winc(-(

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I do not know who made them.Maybe a alien with hooved feet.Love your red hair.It reminds me of my favoriet actress angie everheart.The most beautifulest woman that walks gods earth.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle
reply to post by Kryties

I don't know about other people, but to me the idea of a kangaroo in Britain somehow sounds scarier than the devil....

So far I like Yarcofin's theory best.

I would have to agree LOL

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

[edit on 2-11-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Here is one source i found that has the written story which may give a bit more detail.. hope i post this correctly lol

www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester_La

The more i look at this, the more simalarities appear between this and spring heeled Jack. The strange happenings were nationwide with many different takes on the elusive entity.

Some good reading on the subject can be found below:

Spring Heeled Jack

Maybe some of our American friends could shed some more truths on this as spring heel was reported in Louisville in July 1880. His antics and appearance was striking to reports on our own shores.

Clicky

Winc(-(

Many thanks for the SHJ info! It does seem extremely similar to the reports of this being and the incident in Devon.. I would also imagine something like the 'Mothman' could also make the list of possibilities here..

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Without being able to see the actual footprints, anything here is just speculation.

All I know is that the devil getting drunk and wandering pigeon-toed in the snow for 100 miles in some small town in England is the LEAST likely answer. Even if the devil existed, what purpose would doing this serve? I think a being as powerful as a demon would have better things to do than play subtle, elaborate pranks to frighten an ignorant town. He could observe the town without having to physically manifest and walk around it, or he could hide his footprints or change them into anything he wanted. If he feeds off fear and wanted to be seen, why not do something a little more dramatic and undeniable?

From what I understand, snowfall in the UK is very uncommon... maybe once or twice per year? Chances are people aren't used to seeing animal footprints in snow, and even expert animal trackers could be messed up by it.

Originally posted by Bombeni
But it certainly isn't like there isn't ample evidence in many many other instances that the devil is as real as you and I.

I would be very interested in seeing as much as you can provide.

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Yarcofin]

Because, as the demon said to Father Karas in the movie Exorcist said "that would be much too vulgar a display of power"

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This being a one time in history event, with no evidence and being this unbelievable, make this a Great halloween story and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i over looked one comment without meaning to, about the snowfall in the UK.. its a pretty common happening, and according to older people in the area they used to get far more snow during their childhood than we do now, but still parts of the UK get heavy snow falls a number of times each year...not to mention at the time in history the foot prints appeared hunting for food was the norm, which means they probably would have known how to tell certain animals from their tracks..at least a great deal more so than the average person today could.. I am not saying this story isnt false, it very well could be, as the OP states, i havent a clue, but it was a case that grabbed my interest awhile back and wanted to share to get different opinions.. i am not claiming this to be actual fact.

Then again to say its fake and dismiss the very thought something or someone outside of your realm to understand did in fact make the prints isnt entirely far fetched.. strange occurances happen daily all around the world, many never being solved by so called rational explanations.

Its something i have noticed i absolutely love here in Wales especially.. talking to older generations they are not a people that laugh or roll their eyes at the possibility of such beings as ghosts, fairies, shadow people and other paranormal, multidimensional beings..no matter how sickingly Christian they may be, continue to know these beings do in fact exist and still hold certain old superstitions to ward off negative energy beings..they can tell great stories passed down through their grandparents and their grandparents etc...
sorry drifted a bit away from topic, but its something interesting i have noted here.. having grown up in the US where the vast majority of people younger and older scoff at the very notion of the beings mentioned above..so its a noticeable cultural difference...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join